Drone footage from Syria

Sam1

4 years of civil war, sectarian violence, transnational/non-state terrorism, SOF high kinetic operations and global response will do that...

And that is only a piece of the pie - look at cities like Homs, poverty-stricken Damascene neighborhoods, and Palmyra

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
This scares me.

We are in a very scary place right now as a nation and I am afraid our children or grand children will see the U.S. in the same state as Syria. The reason is the vast majority of countries on Earth do not like us. Even long time allies are wondering what is going on with us. And all of this weakening is not going unoticed by the other superpowers in the world, two of which are working closely together to achieve goals counter to ours and in the same region. Makes you wonder when it will happen. We are seeing Chinese and Russian submarines within miles of our coasts. They are, no doubt, working together. I have spoke to soldiers who killed Chinese nationals imbedded with the Taliban in Afghanistan. They were presumed to be "advisors" just like those we used in Vietnam. The Chinese are actively engaged in state sanctioned industrial espionage against the U.S and hold over 7% of the U.S. GDP as debt.

We are where we are because of 100+ years of our meddling in other country's affairs. Many of those countries were never a threat to the U.S but we still invaded to force them to live like we do, or else. And because of our leader's policies we have more enemies today than any other time in our history. But what is worse than that is even those we once thought were allies are remaining silent on all of this. No one in Europe is prepared to even condemn the Russians who supply the vast majority of energy to the European Union.

Everyday I get more and more scared. Our nation is so vulnerable right now. We, as a nation, are living paycheck to paycheck with our credit maxed out. Our military is the smallest it has been in a very long time. One of our biggest debt holders is working with our biggest threat. Our infrastructure is being held together with duct tape and bailing wire. We have citizens calling for the killing of other citizens for no other reason than being different with our government seemingly approving. Those that work are going broke to support those that don't. And the only thing that keeps this country civil, LE, is being ridiculed and killed for doing their best. Imagine a time when THEY decide enough is enough and either walk off the job. Without LE our nation would fall into turmoil that would make the civil war look like child's play. And all the while people are more concerned about some guy taking a bunch of dope and almost dying at a brothel than the threats to the country from here as well as from across the globe.

If you want to take down a country you can't hope to defeat militarily you soften the country up from within. Turns its citizens against each other but even more importantly you turn the citizens against their government.

It is all I can do to try to be prepared for what seems inevitable now. I am no where near prepared enough.
  • Like 4
This is the same story that's been playing out over there for centuries. Those people will never keep it together.

An attack on the American homeland, maybe... it's happened before. An invasion, not unless we are first subdued by our own government by being disarmed.

The only reason Japan did (NOT) invade our homeland when they attacked Pearl harbor was because of the intelligence of an Admiral of the Imperial Japanese navy when he was ask why Japan did not attack the American home land he stated that to do so we would surely be defeated. ("In that country there is a man or women behind every blade of grass with a gun and we would be enormously out numbered"). He was not afraid of our military but of the fighting spirit of the American people overall. He also made the statement as men cheered on their way back to Japan that was( "I fear we have done nothing more than awakened a sleeping giant")

Dolo is correct in so many ways I cannot pick any one item out. I can say that our President has caused a great loss of respect by our allies because of his say something but do nothing actions and by not standing behind our real allies he has made our great nation appear weak in the eyes of our allies. He has also done great damage in his attempts to divide us at home as a nation. All of us can only pray for a new leader to step up and take America back where she needs to be and we all need to hammer our elected officials in the Congress and Senate every day letting them know our distrust in them and let them know they all can be replaced...........................JMHO

[url=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/softbaitmaker/media/Misc/demo13_zpsdc1b6cfa.jpg.html]demo13_zpsdc1b6cfa.jpg[/URL]

Edited by bersaguy

Don't warn them. Vote out any incumbent in office from the top to the bottom, that is the ONLY way to fix this country. Even if it means voting for a democrat. An honest democrat that puts the country first is better than any corrupt republican. All politicians go to Washington to fix things but by the time their first term is over they have become corrupt. Vote in a fresh face then vote them out and replace them the next election cycle. Eventually they will get the idea that they cannot stay in Washington forever and get rich. But if that started happening they would change the laws so they could remain in office longer.

Seriously, how corrupt is our system when a person spends $55 million dollars to get into a seat that pays a little over $100K? We had a representative do exactly that. It would take over 200 years for him to break even using his salary but we all know he paid $55 million to be able to become much, much richer because of all the corruption. I cannot seem to find it but it was a representative from the Midwest, like Minnesota or Iowa or Illinois or somewhere in that area. He, and his "donators", paid out $55 million dollars to secure the seat.

That is also why you cannot find anyone in Washington to hold anyone else accountable. They all have their hands in the cookie jar.

Not that hard to get rich when you know what is about to happen or you stack the laws in your favor.

• Like 1