Star Wars Trailer

NoBanStan

I might go see it theaters, if I do I'll go in costume and just weld a funnel to the end of my P1. That'll look like some kinda space gun, right?

Should I paint the tip orange?

Seriously, they can wand me all they want, as long as they don't mind me making lightsaber noises at the top of my voice every time they move the metal detector. Maybe I can start a duel...

• Like 2

I was mesmerized in 1977 and I still am.  In my 20s I read just about every book there was.  I have passed the torched on to my sons who are 10 and 11, and they are very stoked about this movie.  I even blew the dust off of my old Star Wars toys that I still have.  We are ready. 

Of Course I will have to see it and we have a Carmike theater here in Gallatin that is not posted nor do they wan nor do they have metal detectors last time my son in law and daughter was there both packing heaters 2 weeks ago. I will also buy it when it comes out on DVD as I do have the complete collection of them up to this one. I will be passing them down to my grand children's children. One thing I did notice in the trailer was all new costumes and was shocked and pleased to see Harrison Ford but with all that they are still flying the same space crafts which makes the movie more special. The Old Millennium Falcon was a sight to see again.......... :up:  :up: 

• Like 1
Barely interested. Won't be seeing it in the theater.
THIS coming from one of the biggest Star Wars fans TGO has ever had. Not bragging, just truth.

Why?
Disney.

What did Disney do that's so bad you ask?

Disney has come out and said that any and all expanded universe is no longer canon. Bull śhît!!!!!!!! I spent years reading. There are over 200 full length novels and stories that are ten fold more involved and in depth than ANYTHING Lucas ever did. Just the work Karen Traviss did with the Mandalorians and Clone troopers is massive. So they're gonna tell me that Grand Admiral Thrawn never existed unless it suits them? Eff You!! The Yusong Vong war? Jacen Solo becoming Darth Caedus? Boba Fett finding the cure for accelerated aging to save thousands of clone lives? Mandalore making a full recovery and the return of the Madalorians? Boba building the most elite and highest quality military manufacturing facility (Mandal Motors) surpassing even the Correlians for bad ass star fighters? Did Chewbacca NOT die saving Anakin Solo from a moon crashing into Serndipal ? (Okay, that would be nice)
I could go on for hours and it's all for nothing?

I hate you Disney. The Force is not in you.
  • Like 2

You should read some of the expanded universe novels.  The Jedi in the books make the Jedi in the movies look like a cloned splice between JarrJarr and Al Gore.  ObiWan and Qui-Gon were bumbling fools by comparison.  I mean for the love of god, Kyp Durron had a higher midichlorian count than Luke, maybe as much as Anakin.  The man pulled a ship out of the heart of a star with nothing but the force.  Makes lifting droids and rocks look pretty lame.  

The Sith (during the time of Darth Bane) used the force to detonate a thought bomb, killing all force sensitives in the area.  Literally blowing the heads open.  Makes Palpatine and his lightning look like a parlor trick.  

Did you know that Anakin was so strong with force that he didn't actually need his apparatus to breath?  He could use the force to move oxygen directly into his cells.  Problem was, he still loved Padme and the thought of her and that love made it impossible to hold onto his hate for extended periods of time.  

OOOOOOOhhhhhhh!

By far my most favorite bit of expanded universe knowledge.  Not as awesome as some things but knowledge is power...  R2D2 was never wiped.  Never.  He had full length records of events and conversations dating back to before Anakin was found.  ALL of it was intact.  Luke Skywalker never knew this until many many years later.  He could not access it because Anakin was a computer programming god.  HIs encryptions were unbeatable.  Luke finally managed to bypass some of it and used the force to get into other parts of it.  Eventually, he got to see his mother, his father their relationship and a like watching netflix to catch up on past seasons, he got to see the rise and fall of his father.  This was a MAJOR contributing factor why Luke became so powerful and decided to wipe clean the old order and rebuild an entirely new order.  Attachments are no longer forbidden, love and family are encouraged under his regime.  

Seems silly to some but this part of the story like was HUGE to me.  Imagine getting to see a mother you never knew.  Getting to see the mistakes made and learn from them.  That's quite significant in my mind.

• Like 2

I read a lot of them. I stopped after the New Jedi Order series. Anything written after that (regardless of where it fits in the time line) I never got to. Lost interest. That series dragged on far too long. By the time I finished it, I just didn't care any more. I also skipped the stuff aimed at young readers like the Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest series.

The books by Timothy Zahn were the best, IMO. Some others were good too, but his were always a step up from the others. Barbara Hambly sits at the other end of that spectrum for me. Just horrible.

Edited by monkeylizard

I will give you that.  Children of the Jedi and Twilight was like pulling teeth to get through.

I think I most enjoyed Karen Traviss and Troy Denning.  Really like Troy Denning because I was a big Dark Sun fan in high school and he is an amazing author.  Dark Sun is Dungeons and Dragons for those who don't know.  Very worthy of your time if you like reading.  

Edited by Caster
You say that but studies have proven that active imagination and especially reading (anything) is one of the best things you can do to fight Alzheimer's and dementia.
So long as you don't end up in moms basement twenty three hours a day playing world of Warcraft on line, reading and and engaging your mind in occasional fiction is very healthy for your mind.
  • Like 2

Blasphemy, blasphemy I tell you!

The lack of appearance of Luke Skywalker in either the poster or the trailer has me wondering......

There are rumors that Luke has a very small role towards the very end of the movie. Speculation is that he is more involved/prominent in the next movie (episode 8) and that this small appearance is to set up him up for the next installment. Of course, who knows what the real deal is. Edited by MrJones79

There are rumors that Luke has a very small role towards the very end of the movie. Speculation is that he is more involved/prominent in the next movie (episode 8) and that this small appearance is to set up him up for the next installment. Of course, who knows what the real deal is.

Yeah it could be one of those deals where the odds are stacked against them, back to the wall then a hooded figure pops up, smashes the baddie and you get a glimpse of his face.

Already done Metalhead.

Palpatine was reborn into a series of clone bodies for a time and Luke served him as the Supreme Commander.  He quickly returned to the light though and Palpatine was destroyed forever.

2562119_sw_luke_skywalker_super_by_orego

Edited by Caster
  • Like 1