Where's the outrage? Lack of coverage.

So today we left the safety and warmth of our fence on the hill to run into town. I didn't feel like fighting the crowds in Cookeville so we ran into Algood instead. Still ridiculously busy at Walmart but nowhere near as bad as Cookeville. As we're leaving we pull up to the light to take the back way home. Suddenly 3 LEO vehicles go flying by, sirens everywhere. As we're waiting two more. At this point it's confusing because we're in Algood but I'm seeing Cookeville LEO's. So we start to guess. Due to the amount of LEO's we decide on robbery or homicide. But the amount of LE vehicles is just mind blowing.

So we finally turn and I told Monkey to take a spin by his work to make sure the building is ok. Once we're on the road we see 8 more vehicles. And they just keep coming. Mind you Algood is tiny. Super tiny. So I'm starting to feel like we're back in Nashville. We spin through his works parking lot and check fences and all is good. Then we see a Putnam County Sheriff pull in an area and go up a ramp at his work. So being the good guy, Monkey pulls in, explains he's a manager and has keys and do they want to go inside the property? Deputy says bluntly "nope, he'd have to have gone through the fences if he's in there". THAT'S IT!

So I start texting my friend who lives across the river and telling her what we're seeing because it's so out of the norm. On the way home we pass a THP and another sheriff heading to Algood. Crazy. Then I get a text. Officer shot. By some SOB strung out looking old man who had warrants out. Finally WKRN reports on it at 6pm. Nothing on WSMV.

I'm angry. I'm angry at the lack of coverage but I'm really angry that it seemed appropriate to the idiot to shoot a LEO instead of going to jail. I don't want to say what's really in my head but if the SOB is "hurt" while being taken into custody, I'm totally OK with that.

So much for leaving the action of the big city behind us! Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500
  • Like 1

Sorry to say there is no getting away from it.

I'm slowly learning that. It's why I even hate to go grocery shopping. Amazingly there's more info now, evidently he escaped Kentucky officers too. I hope they catch him soon. It was a spectacle to see today. Also, the officer is in "good condition", so that's great news.

if the SOB is "hurt" while being taken into custody, I'm totally OK with that.

So are most of us. The guy was then in a shootout with cops in Kentucky and escaped. No one was shot in Kentucky, the Algood Officer has been released and is in good condition.

Sounds like this guy has made the decision he won’t he taken alive. Hopefully the next cop that stops him knows who he is.
  • Like 1

The lack of coverage and attention given was because it was a Law Enforcement Officer being shot and not a Law Enforcement shooting some so called innocent person. The Media's have become as far left as our President when it come to LEO's. He hates them because most all of them has refused to act on Americans that refuse to follow the stupid gun laws issued in a several states...... :ugh:  :ugh: 

Sorry to say there is no getting away from it.

Many friends of mine have told me how it "follows the decent people out" like memphis. Memphis was a nice city. God bad and decent people move out. Then they get the idea to use vouchers to spread the problem out. What can we do except raise our kids right and try to live a good life.

It's actually a 2001 Black Ford F-150 with a tool box in the back. Kentucky plates and a UK plate on the front. I doubt the SOB is coming back here but WKRN reported first and most accurate. It took WSMV over 3 hours to report anything.

Apparently he's up in Cumberland county, KY now. That's where they're looking him. KSP is handling the search. I'm just glad the officer is ok. They said his vest protected him, he's recovering at home. It just amazes me because it was so overwhelming to see so many officers in the area and then have to wait to see what was actually happening.

It was back in the news tonight. They think they have him kind of cornered but not 100% sure. He sure is a slippery old man. I am betting they probably won't take him alive. Unless he has access to news, he probably thinks he killed the officer he gut shot...In all honesty it would not hurt my feelings he was killed in shoot out with police. Save taxpayers a fortune and get another piece of :poop: off the streets...............jmho

Floyd Ray Cook. A 62 year old petrified POS. Still on the loose. They think in Cumberland County. WSMV has the call for help on their site. They only play snipets. I got teary eyed. Officer Valencia is a brave guy.

I seriously hope this jerk goes down in a really slow and painful way. He's the lowest kind of scum.