Favorite "Gun Movies"

poak

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love band of brothers- My father was one of Patton's troops who 'relieved' the men of the 502nd, so it has a lot of meaning for me. And, BlackHawk Down is currently my favorite movie.

Gun movies with fun/entertaining twists I like

Boondock Saints

Desperado / El Mariachi

The Professional

The Way of the Gun

Add to the list....

The Wild Bunch (SSAs, 1911s, 1903s, M93s, M98s)

Jeremiah Johnson (Hawken 50cal)

The Rough Riders (Krags, M93s)

Apocalypse Now (GUNSHIPS!!!!!)

True Grit (worth it just to hear John Wayne say, "Fill Your Hands, You SOB!")

The Shootist (Duke's final gunfight)

The Quick and the Dead (Sharon Stone before she became anti-gun)

Open Range (Charley Waite (Costner) explaining to Boss Spearman (Duvall) the shooter's mindset before the big gunfight)

Saving Private Ryan (They got the sounds right)

Heat (Good movement TTPs during the street shootout)

Flight of the Intruder (Folks, that is how tracers look coming at you)

And.....

Blackhawk Down (Because those were my friends - In fact I still work with two of them)

Edited by DMark

Miami Vice. If you notice in the final gunfight all the guns have their own individual sounds instead of one ubiquitous bang for all the guns. Mann, who also did Heat, seems to be a stickler for realistic sound. The sound of gunfire echoing around the buildings in Heat was spectacular. Not gun related but the sound of the Ferrari at the beginning of Vice was orgasmic.

Guest RISC777
...Terminator 2 is on my list as well!

Predator (first one) with the gatling !!

Behind Enemy Lines ... +1

Blackhawk Down ... +1

Shooter ... +1

Split Second (older Rutger Hauer movie, hard to find these days)

Tears Of The Sun

Smokin' Aces (.50 cal sniper rifle)

Saving Private Ryan

Anybody ever seen "Children of Men"?

I probably never would have seen it had I not been layed up in a hotel due to work travel, but I caught it on HBO one night.

It started out pretty slow, but after the first gun shot was fired, it was pretty non stop from there!

Not great, but decent.

Miami Vice. If you notice in the final gunfight all the guns have their own individual sounds instead of one ubiquitous bang for all the guns. Mann, who also did Heat, seems to be a stickler for realistic sound. The sound of gunfire echoing around the buildings in Heat was spectacular. Not gun related but the sound of the Ferrari at the beginning of Vice was orgasmic.

The shootout in Vice was the best part of that movie.

Guest TUNER260

boondock saints

hitman

wanted

iron man (i know it is not really a gun movie but who wouldn't want one of those)

tango and cash

demolition man

I could do this all day lol

I love these threads. They start in the OP as "your favorite" gun movie, then always turn into a list of any movie with a gun in it, LOL.

I will add to the list with "God's and General's" and "Gettysburg" as they are just full of front stuffers making tons of smoke.

Anybody ever watch "Generation Kill" on HBO? I dont have HBO, but I was wondering if it's worth checking out

I re-watched some of it last night.

I forgot how well they did the night firefight at the bridge. The only hollywood deal I noted was the muzzle flash on the M4/M16s were at bit on the bright side - - - I'm sure for film affect.

Otherwise, the sound of the M2s & Mk19s were right on as well as the tracers.

I forgot one...

The Professional

And the sniper in Seals, call sign God.

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man had a couple of nice handguns in it, too.

Amen to Leon(called the Professional for the american release) and Navy Seals. I remember the first time I saw that when he shot with thermal through the wall. I had to wipe drool off of my face.