Recommendation for RMR slide cut

samson7x

So, I want a 10mm glock with an RMR on top.  I like the idea of a G40 MOS but it seems hefty to be carrying around the woods.  I would prefer to have a G20, but I was wondering who to send it to and how much it would cost to get the slide cut for an RMR?

Since we are on the topic, has anyone tried the Burris fastfire?  That would be a little more affordable if it will hold up to 10mm abuse.  

The 40 isnt any much heavier than the 20 to be honest, maybe a few ounces IF that - I dont personally own a 40 but fired one with a RMR and it was hardly a difference from my 20.

Plus nothing is sexier than a giant 10mm hand cannon.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well it's not so much the weight of the gun alone, but I'll be using a suppressor quite a bit so length comes into play there too.  Another inch or so and another ounce or so adds up.  It seems like the 20 would be a more manageable package with a can on the end. 

Well it's not so much the weight of the gun alone, but I'll be using a suppressor quite a bit so length comes into play there too. Another inch or so and another ounce or so adds up. It seems like the 20 would be a more manageable package with a can on the end.

I'm not so sure you could get a threaded barrel for the 40. It's already 6" long lol

I've had 4 slides done by these guys counting the one they have right now.  One of those was a G20.  

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/suareztrijiconrmrinstallation.aspx#.VDskoxaVEa4

Turnaround is a few weeks as I recall, assuming you don't have them recoat the milled section.  Obviously I've been happy with their work, or I wouldn't keep sending them slides :-)

Cheers,

Rusty

I've had 4 slides done by these guys counting the one they have right now.  One of those was a G20.  

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/suareztrijiconrmrinstallation.aspx#.VDskoxaVEa4

Turnaround is a few weeks as I recall, assuming you don't have them recoat the milled section.  Obviously I've been happy with their work, or I wouldn't keep sending them slides :-)

Cheers,

Rusty

Mind posting a pic of your G20 setup?

If I'm reading them correctly, $145 includes milling AND plain black suppressor sights? Without refinishing the slide that is.  Seems like a great deal.

Mind posting a pic of your G20 setup?

If I'm reading them correctly, $145 includes milling AND plain black suppressor sights? Without refinishing the slide that is.  Seems like a great deal.

I can't seem to attach photos, though I've done it in the classified section.  These are pics I found from a G21 I posted for sale.  It has the same RMR and was milled by the same shop.  Note that I have always opted for the night sight option rather than the plain sights.  The G37 that's in their shop now is only getting the standard black sights though.  I also always order the cover plate for something like $20, just in case you want to remove the RMR and have no gap missing from the slide.  

As for the G40, I'm very tempted to buy one, but I can't really justify it since I have the G20.  There are only two reasons to get a longer slide, and one of those (longer sight radius) is negated when you use an RMR.  You also get extra velocity, but I can get that with a longer barrel if I ever feel like I need it.  The G20 is my woods gun, for our property on the border of the Cherokee National Forrest.  Ammo is Underwood 220gr hard cast for the woods. 

Cheers,

Rusty

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:13945]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:13944]
Edited by 13brv3

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/suareztrijiconrmrinstallation.aspx#.VnXhffkrKUn

I got my G34 cut and ordered a pre-cut slide for my 19.  OST has been at the forefront of the RMR from the start.  It's $145 for the cut and suppressor sights.

I actually talked to Tom on Friday.  He said if I got it to him pretty soon, he could have it back to me in 3 weeks.  They will also be offering pre-cut slides for the G20, but he said they won't be in production until 2nd quarter 2016. 

I've also thought about doing something like this:  http://www.midwayusa.com/product/448637/trijicon-rmr-pistol-mount-glock-matte

Seems like a good non permanent solution although it would put the sight a little higher and you would lose back up sights.

I actually talked to Tom on Friday.  He said if I got it to him pretty soon, he could have it back to me in 3 weeks.  They will also be offering pre-cut slides for the G20, but he said they won't be in production until 2nd quarter 2016. 

I've also thought about doing something like this:  http://www.midwayusa.com/product/448637/trijicon-rmr-pistol-mount-glock-matte

Seems like a good non permanent solution although it would put the sight a little higher and you would lose back up sights.

When I got mine done I had it coated in Aqua-Terra back when they started offering that. With the holidays and SHOT show I think I was right around a month wait.