Glock 43 Connector

tercel89

My G43 has a horrendous triger pull. I have been thinking of putting in a Ghost Edge Connector to lighten the trigger pull. Supposedly this wil lighten the trigger pull. I have also heard that this will cause light primer strikes on certain ammo. I am confused by this . Does the striker firing spring control the force of the firing-pin and not the connector .

Am I correct or wrong  ?

Edited by tercel89

I have one in mine, greatly improved trigger pull and feel and no issues with light strikes. However I dont see how the connector would have an effect on that anyway.

I agree , I had just read from a few 43 owners that they had a few light primer strikes, but I don't see how that would be possible if they kept their factory striker/firing pin string.

Edited by tercel89

http://www.amazon.com/Gripmaster-Exerciser-Medium-Tension-7-Pounds/dp/B0006GC5D8/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1449882445&sr=1-1&keywords=gripmaster+medium

I recommend the Medium. It's cheaper than a trigger job or modifying the gun.

HA!

I have been contemplating new triggers in my 19 and 43...I have always left them be because Glock is perfection (don't argue with me it says so on their website) and I am not a fan of putting aftermarket parts on the gun I use for self defense but i think curiosity may get the better of me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The connector change should not affect the energy of the firing pin striking the primer unless it allows the firing pin to be released sooner. I tried the edge connector, and I think it was a waste of money.

I agree with this.  I wish I had spent that money on another mag or TTI baseplate. 

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rock:

These are the specs for the G43, the one I bought is pretty close to this. I like a 3 lb trigger pull or less for target shooting, but this is not a gun you would take to the range for a day of shooting. It is what it is, a Glock. The trigger on my G19 and G26 are about the same as the G43 and I can live with that. The only thing extra I invested in were TTI mag extenders and Alien holster. If your trigger is heaver then what the spec calls for see what Glock recommends before putting more money into something that may not work out for you. :2cents:

subcompact_trigger.gif
  • Trigger Pull: ~2.5 kg / ~5.5 lbs.
  • Trigger Travel: ~12.5 mm / ~0.49 in.
Edited by crossfire

Thanks guys , I just ordered one . I also watched a video of a guy who has a Glock "cut-away" model. When watching all the internals work togather through the cut-away portions of the model , it showed that the force of the striker/firing pin was only affected by the firing pin/striker spring which is what I was thinking all along . So those internet postings of people claimng that some connectors causing light primer strikes may have been false or exaggerated.

I'll post how how it feels after it arrives in the mail.

Edited by tercel89

Thanks guys , I just ordered one . I also watched a video of a guy who has a Glock "cut-away" model. When watching all the internals work togather through the cut-away portions of the model , it showed that the force of the striker/firing pin was only affected by the firing pin/striker spring which is what I was thinking all along . So those internet postings of people claimng that some connectors causing light primer strikes may have been false or exaggerated.
I'll post how how it feels after it arrives in the mail.

Unless it changes the release point of the firing pin. I doubt it could change it very much though even if it did.

Received my Ghost Edge connector this afternoon. Installed it in about 15 minutes. Trigger pin was hard to get out, Tried it left to right with no luck then switched right to left wiggling slide stop and finally pushed out. Installed trigger pin back right to left after aligning slide stop hole and others, pin pushed in easily and locked into place.

Trigger pull very smooth and weight of pull much reduced. Will take for a shooting session tomorrow if not raining, my range is outside.

Edited by lshel
  • Like 1

Received my Ghost Edge connector this afternoon. Installed it in about 15 minutes. Trigger pin was hard to get out, Tried it left to right with no luck then switched left to right wiggling slide stop and finally pushed out. Installed trigger pin back right to left after aligning slide stop hole and others, pin pushed in easily and locked into place.

Trigger pull very smooth and weight of pull much reduced. Will take for a shooting session tomorrow if not raining, my range is outside.

Great to hear that . My 43 is hard as pulling the trigger on a revolver in DA.  My connector should be here thursday.

I have a Ghost Edge connector in my 43. Haven't had an issues with light primer strikes. Is it a better pull than the factory connector? In my opinion it is. Little less uptake and a crisp break. I enjoy having it in mine. Easy install.

• Like 1

My Ghost Connector got here a few days ago but i've been so sick that I cant even manage to install it. I caught Pneumonia and had a consistant 104 degree fever. This stuff has worn me out. I been on the couch for 4 days straight. When I get up and around I'll let you guys know how it feels when I install it.

Trigger pin was hard to get out, Tried it left to right with no luck then switched right to left wiggling slide stop and finally pushed out. Installed trigger pin back right to left after aligning slide stop hole and others, pin pushed in easily and locked into place.

The 42 and 43's have a differently designed slide stop with a coil spring. The wiggling back and forth that works on all of the others doesn't work on these. If you press down on the inside of the slide stop, as close to the pin as you can, you can push the pin right out.

At my last armorer recertification, the Glock 42 had just been released and they didn't go over disassembly. I spent about an hour trying to get that pin out of the first one I took apart.
  • Like 1

The 42 and 43's have a differently designed slide stop with a coil spring. The wiggling back and forth that works on all of the others doesn't work on these. If you press down on the inside of the slide stop, as close to the pin as you can, you can push the pin right out.

At my last armorer recertification, the Glock 42 had just been released and they didn't go over disassembly. I spent about an hour trying to get that pin out of the first one I took apart.

Good info! I couldn't get my pin out and ended up watching a YouTube video to get it out. Got really tempted to just put the punch on it and hammer it out.

New Glock 43 Talo owner here.  A friend shared this forum with me this morning and I saw this thread and realized I wasn't alone in my thoughts about the trigger on these.   Thank you OP for posting, and all who replied, this information was helpful to me.  I was thinking about buying a after market trigger for this gun, but had sticker shock at the prices and frankly didn't want to go that deep into modifications already.   I ordered the subject connector today and hope this helps reduce the trigger pull efforts and improve accuracy.   

• Like 2