What type of purses are the ladies using?

what happens when purse stolen with gun in it?

any liability there? (like say it gets used in a homicide or school shooting or home invasion??)

I understand its a situational awareness thing too, but Mrs has had some things stolen from her in crowds and malls without even knowing it
until later.... I have also been attempted pick pocket but my fat butt prevented the wallet from coming out and when I turned and spotted the guy he ran away...

we are new to weapons but I am acting as if purse isn't even a choice..... Shhhhh
  • Like 1

any liability there? (like say it gets used in a homicide or school shooting or home invasion??)

I understand its a situational awareness thing too, but Mrs has had some things stolen from her in crowds and malls without even knowing it
until later.... I have also been attempted pick pocket but my fat butt prevented the wallet from coming out and when I turned and spotted the guy he ran away...

we are new to weapons but I am acting as if purse isn't even a choice..... Shhhhh

The purse being stolen is a possibility we have considered. If someone were to steal her purse and use the firearm to commit a crime, I doubt there will be any legal or financial liability.

If everything goes as planned, she won't need to use her purse as a holster very often.

No liability.  Same as if an ax murderer stole your ax and killed somebody with it.  Once it's stolen, it's not yours anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...
We ordered the Crossbreed Purse Defender on the 27th of December. After a few days of no update on the order status, I called and was informed that the Purse Defender was a "made to order" item, so I should expect a wait time of at least 16 days.

Seeing as though this is nothing but a piece of bent plastic with some velcro and a holster for a S&W Shield, I can't believe they don't keep a couple in stock. Edited by TripleDigitRide

I can't believe they don't keep a couple in stock.

Coming from a manufacturing background... it's not uncommon, EVERYTHING is JIT (just in time) these days. Thank Dell for being so successful. From big to small companies, everything is cut to the bone in the name of profits. Especially if they're a small, hand-made manuf. company... they likely only have a day or two's worth of leather on the floor, also.

I work(ed) in the printing biz, and rather than get paper in-stock and on the floor, we waited for the delivery truck daily, juggling jobs and priorities, to the detriment of production efficiency, because we wouldn't get the paper for that job until.... AND this was our 'house sheet', not some exotic custom hand-crafted paper. Of course we'd use the paper eventually, but rather than tie up credit @ our supplier, we'll move things around until we get that paper on tomorrow's truck. To make matters worse, 'cold' paper fresh off the truck runs very different than one that's been on your floor acclimatizing for 24-hours (affects final quality of the product we had to ship, and impacted efficiency).True story. Baffled me daily.

It's one of the reasons some folks have taken to stocking up on food in their own homes for emergency preparedness (while I don't mean specifically those w/ buckets of freeze-dried staples in their closets, they've read the same information): most grocery stores have at best, 12-24 hours worth of supply on-site. I've lived through several blizzards where you're holed up for 2-3 days before you can exit your dwelling! It's just something I do every fall in preparation. For some folks, the concept of not being able to drive to Kroger's for a quart of milk is preposterous! Just-In-Time. It's the new way of doing things (until it fails spectacularly, but that's a conversation for a different forum here! :D )

- K

• Like 1

Coming from a manufacturing background... it's not uncommon, EVERYTHING is JIT (just in time) these days. Thank Dell for being so successful. From big to small companies, everything is cut to the bone in the name of profits. Especially if they're a small, hand-made manuf. company... they likely only have a day or two's worth of leather on the floor, also.

I work(ed) in the printing biz, and rather than get paper in-stock and on the floor, we waited for the delivery truck daily, juggling jobs and priorities, to the detriment of production efficiency, because we wouldn't get the paper for that job until.... AND this was our 'house sheet', not some exotic custom hand-crafted paper. Of course we'd use the paper eventually, but rather than tie up credit @ our supplier, we'll move things around until we get that paper on tomorrow's truck. To make matters worse, 'cold' paper fresh off the truck runs very different than one that's been on your floor acclimatizing for 24-hours (affects final quality of the product we had to ship, and impacted efficiency).True story. Baffled me daily.

It's one of the reasons some folks have taken to stocking up on food in their own homes for emergency preparedness (while I don't mean specifically those w/ buckets of freeze-dried staples in their closets, they've read the same information): most grocery stores have at best, 12-24 hours worth of supply on-site. I've lived through several blizzards where you're holed up for 2-3 days before you can exit your dwelling! It's just something I do every fall in preparation. For some folks, the concept of not being able to drive to Kroger's for a quart of milk is preposterous! Just-In-Time. It's the new way of doing things (until it fails spectacularly, but that's a conversation for a different forum here! :D )

- K

Yep been there, done that. I worked for AT&T 30 years, warehouse. JIT looks good on the drawing boards, but when something goes wrong its instant FUBAR. :eek:

I have twice made the mistake of buying top quality handbags made to conceal a pistol.  My wife didn't like either one.   A G22, G23, Ruger LCP and LC9, a 649 and a P22 have all been shrugged off with a look of distain. She finally settled on and actually will carry a DB9 that has never failed to feed or eject, in a Desantis IWB, that she sticks in her pocket plastic clip and all.  Go figure.  46 years of experience tells me to let her find what she likes on her own.

Cherokee Slim