Ruger m77/357

I am Groot!

Any one own one of these or have any experience with them. I shoot a lot of 38/357 and have been considering one for some time. I don't really know what its purpose would be other that it looks like fun. If it would make a decent hunting rifle then it may be worth picking up. I have read several reviews online, but would like to hear from someone that is not getting paid to review guns.

http://www.ruger.com/products/rotaryMagazine77357/models.html

79b8ff08c1099ceb7d8e4b4a5b6c4b44_zpsju6r

I'm interested as well.  I want one to chop the barrel and make a short suppressed rig.  Shooting subsonic 38 through it seems like a lot of fun.  Then if I need some more power, throw 357 in it and go.  I don't really have a specific use for it, but do I really need a reason to buy one other than "because I want one?"

Cheapest I've seen them for is around $650 though.  That's the only thing holding me back. 

I love my Marlin 1894. I use it mainly for plinking with mild .38s, and have pretty much retired my .22s from that sport (mainly in protest to the STILL unavailability of everyday ammo). 

I would also be interested in the Ruger 77, as I would scope it. Something I won't do to the Marlin.

Hey, I've got yet another reason to buy another gun. Imagine that. I love this forum. :)

It's actually a really nice rifle and you can safely use fairly warm reloads of SJSP-SJHP bullets w/o fear of the deformation during recoil in a tube magazine. It being of stainless steel and synthitic stock construction makes it a nice outdoors gun or knock around truck or trunk rifle. What you get is a nice little deer or hog hunting rifle for a competent shooter/hunter. It is a good compainion piece to a .357 Magnum revolver.

• Like 1