AR upper asemblys

Tenifer17

I have a complete lower assembly that I just built. I am still new to this but I am learning. I am now looking for a reliable but good priced upper assembly. I prefer to have the flat-top type instead of the carry handle attached. And I am wanting it to be 16 inches and a 1/7 rifling twist .

What are some good brands that are reliable and priced good that are sold here around middle Tennessee so that I can walk in a shop and look at it before I buy instead of having to order it without seeing it ?

I have a complete lower assembly that I just built. I am still new to this but I am learning. I am now looking for a reliable but good priced upper assembly. I prefer to have the flat-top type instead of the carry handle attached. And I am wanting it to be 16 inches and a 1/7 rifling twist .
What are some good brands that are reliable and priced good that are sold here around middle Tennessee so that I can walk in a shop and look at it before I buy instead of having to order it without seeing it ?

Don't take this the wrong way, but other than physical/aesthetic stuff, what will physical inspection do for you?
Order from a reputable online dealer, tax would be more than shipping if bought local. I recommend Palmetto State Armory. Stay away from their "Ptac" branded stuff, I'd go with their premium line. Set a budget, PSA can probably have you set up for $400 roughly.

This one has FN made cold hammer forged barrel. Add one of their BCG and charging handles.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-chf-mid-length-premium-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

I didn't really want to buy one "sight unseen" but if it's as good as you guys say then that's cool. As long as the shipping wont be high as heck .

I don't mind buying any good name brand , but i just didn't want to get a no name brand then get stuck with some POS that I would have to ship back.

Palmetto really sounds good . That is what I wanted originally .

Edited by Tenifer17
Another +1 for PSA here. I've built two PSA uppered rifles and one PTAC. All of them were 100% in fit and function. The PTAC was a super budget build and I bought the complete upper as a blem for dirt cheap. I never found any blem or any reason why it should have been marked as such. I actually shot that gun more than the others and kinda abused it (didn't clean it for a couple years, only shot cheap steel ammo) and it never even hinted at giving me trouble.
Its really, really hard to beat PSA unless you want to build your own from scratch. Even then it's tough price wise unless you just have to have _____ hand guards or a barrel made by ______.

And even THEN it's tough to beat unless you have yourself fooled into thinking this will be your only AR and you won't have any need or want of extra parts.

:rofl:

One AR.

• Like 2

Its really, really hard to beat PSA unless you want to build your own from scratch. Even then it's tough price wise unless you just have to have _____ hand guards or a barrel made by ______.

And even THEN it's tough to beat unless you have yourself fooled into thinking this will be your only AR and you won't have any need or want of extra parts.

One AR.

Believe it or not, there are some folks who only own one AR.  I've also heard rumors that some people don't own cell phones as well ...

:up: PSA  :up: As said above, get the premium series in either CMV or CHF barrel which are both FN made barrels.  If you are patient you can catch a "daily deal" or catch one on sale and free shipping at a price for quality that is hard to beat.   I typically try to catch a deal on complete uppers with carrier group.  I don't hesitate to order their blemish deals, I can usually wipe the "blemish" off with my thumb when it gets here.  You might as well order a couple of their stripped lowers when they are on sale, you're going to need them...trust me.