Kel tec pf9

Mike

I'm trying to decide between a keltec pf9 or a bersa .380.

How do they compare size wise to a glock 23?

I am looking for this to carry to work. most likely in an ankle holster.

Work has a no carry policy so it is essential that it is not seen.

Thanks.

-Mike

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

own a PF-9, love it, great size for pocket or IWB carry. Waiting for hcp permit, this one will travel to work with me. watch the +p ammo, not recommended for this little rascal on a regular basis. Shoot enough +p to know how it shoots, it does kick with +p and it will cause quite a muzzle flash. But it sure is fun!!!

Guest 70below

I'd take the pf-9.......I've done the Bersa thing and wasn't as impressed as nearly everyone else seems to be, maybe I had a dud, maybe it was me...I don't know. I don't know that Kel-Tec is necessarily the answer either.....but I like the size and would give you more carry options in my opinion. I'd like to pick one up and give it a try one of these days.

I'd take the pf-9.......I've done the Bersa thing and wasn't as impressed as nearly everyone else seems to be, maybe I had a dud, maybe it was me...I don't know. I don't know that Kel-Tec is necessarily the answer either.....but I like the size and would give you more carry options in my opinion. I'd like to pick one up and give it a try one of these days.

It's *very* thin.

Poor man's Kahr PM9

You could pocket carry it in dress pants, no probs.

Suggest thinnest pocket holster you can find, probably Kydex best.

- OS

If your work has a no carry policy, I would not recommend an ankle holster. The first time you sit down and your pants leg comes up someone will see it. Trust me; I have seen several during interviews and etc. It is just something that catches your eye. I would go with an IWB. I would also keep in mind that if you go with a small of the back (sob), it can be very dangerous. The first time you fall back and land on it, you are screwed for ever. So what I am saying is go as small as you feel comfortable with so you do not get fired. The idiot that made that policy will probably won’t to fire you when you get caught. It may not be worth losing your job over.

I have a PF9 and love it now. I'n not too familiar with the Bursa but it appears to be a copy of the Walther PP(S?), if so I would say that the PF9 is lighter and thinner. I have never found an ankle holster that I like and is comfortable. If you decide to carry it on your ankle I highly suggest you use the 2 sock method to help conceal it, again not so comfortable. I have a pocket holster that works great and a OWB holster that I also love. It's so light and thin a tuckable IWB would also be good if you have to stay tucked at work. It would be really hard to detect this pistol using the pocket or IWB tuckable holster.

I have a PF9 and love it now. I'n not too familiar with the Bursa but it appears to be a copy of the Walther PP(S?), if so I would say that the PF9 is lighter and thinner. I have never found an ankle holster that I like and is comfortable. If you decide to carry it on your ankle I highly suggest you use the 2 sock method to help conceal it, again not so comfortable. I have a pocket holster that works great and a OWB holster that I also love. It's so light and thin a tuckable IWB would also be good if you have to stay tucked at work. It would be really hard to detect this pistol using the pocket or IWB tuckable holster.

+1 - tuckable IWB :koolaid:

PF9 is a great little 9MM, you might to look at CZ2075 RAMI as well they are a better quality than kel-tec and close to the same size. Easy pocket fit.

RAMI is 1" longer, 1/2" higher and MUCH thicker, and twice the weight. Actually bigger than my XD SC, and the XD is too big to pocket carry for my money - doable in loose cargoes, but too heavy at that for me.

Not to even mention twice the price, of course.

RAMI has got to be great pistola, though, I'm really attracted to it.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

As everyone has said the PF9 is as thin as it gets. It will make the Bersa and G23 feel like full size guns. I had one and will get another one as they are great for what they are. You can do the same thing with a Kahr, but you will pay about $200-$300 more for it. You also need to take KT's customer service and warranty into account with the PF9. If anything ever goes wrong with it, KT will make it right quickly.

+10 on the PF9!

+1 on the P3AT.

I've had a Bersa .380 before and found it much tougher to conceal. I carry my P3AT in a wallet holster every day. (Clean it often as it gets a fair amount of lint and this little gun likes to be clean to shoot well.) I wouldn't take a P3AT to a gunfight but it'll get a couple of shots off while you find cover.

• Administrator
But if you really want to be 100% concealed, very very discreet, move down to the Kel-Tec p3at in your front pocket. Carry it in the p3at gun rug, with the zipper undone, and no one will ever know you are armed.

Sounds cumbersome to draw if it's your first line of defense.

Guest eyebedam

I know it wasnt in your choices but how about a J-Frame smith? Its perfect for pocket carry or try to find a LCP .380 in stock with a desantsis nemisis pocket holster & carry it in your back pocket? A p3at will work as well.

I'm going to chime in because I carry a PF-9 on a daily basis in my front pocket. I even wear it with jeans. It prints a little but my wife doesn't really notice it, and if she doesn't I'd say I'm safe. I will say if I wanted DEEP concealment I would go with the P-3at or the ruger LCP. BTW my PF-9 even has the armalaser sight on it.