Welcome to Tennessee Gun Owners

Welcome to Tennessee Gun Owners -- The Premier Website for Tennessee Firearms Owners and Enthusiasts

If you have an account with us, please Sign In.

If you do not have an account, register now for one! It's 100% free and easy to do. »» Join TGO Now ««

As a member of Tennessee Gun Owners you can...
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Saw a guy OC'ing today

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Q-tip

Q-tip

TGO Newcomer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
Carry Permit Holder

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

It definitely gets easier over time, and the amount of time depends on the person. I had my first "encounter" a few days ago at Auto Zone. The checkout guy saw it, and we struck up a conversation about the cost of a TN HCP, 1911's, etc. Very good experience.

#42 gjohnsoniv

gjohnsoniv

Officer for Ginger Peace

• TGO Benefactor
  • 4,158 posts
NRA Member

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

I wear 5.11 polo's and 5.11 TDU/cargo pants almost everyday. People really don't question anything if you look slightly like a LEO, that and I also keep my hair short. When I was getting it cut the other day the lady asked if I was a police officer after she cut my hair.

#43 jtmaze

jtmaze

Long Legged Mack Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
Carry Permit Holder NRA Member

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Posted ImageI carry OWB at all times (other than work,) and really don't care if shirt covers up or not. My wife did see a sign at the local Little General the other day that said no open carry. I will post pic later becuse not sure of legality of the sign.

Edited by jtmaze, 08 April 2012 - 03:17 AM.

#44 gjohnsoniv

gjohnsoniv

Officer for Ginger Peace

• TGO Benefactor
  • 4,158 posts
NRA Member

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

It seems like it would alert fewer people when they can see the whole handgun, not part of it like in a IWB holster.

#45 Clod Stomper

Clod Stomper

Hillwilliam

• TGO Benefactor
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

As already stated, most people just don't notice. I saw someone OC'ing at Sam's a few months ago. I mentioned it to my wife, who also carries sometimes, and she had no clue. We even passed the fellow several times.

I've seen a couple people carrying where I'm working. No one even raised an eyebrow if they noticed.

Will