Colorado Dem To Rape Survivor At Gun Hearing: “Statistics Aren’t On Your Side�

http://danaloeschradio.com/colorado-...-on-your-side/

Colorado Dem To Rape Survivor At Gun Hearing: “Statistics Aren’t On Your Side”
Posted on March 5, 2013 by Dana Loesch

During the hearing for the state’s proposed college campus gun ban, rape survivor Amanda Collins bravely shared her story of survival. Democrat Senator Evie Hudak responded:

“I just want to say, statistics are not on your side, even if you had had a gun. You said that you were a martial arts student, I mean person, experience in taekwondo, and yet because this individual was so large and was able to overcome you even with your skills, and chances are that if you had had a gun, then he would have been able to get than from you na possibly use it against you …”

http://youtu.be/zl0MS7Z-Sjc

Edited by tnsyty

If she were the one that had been raped I highly doubt she would feel the same. How dare she even be so insensitive to try and tell a victim or even potential victims what they don't need to protect themselves. Our government representatives need to remember the their job is to represent not to tell their constituents what they should and shouldn't do.

100% percent of women who used a firearm to stop an attack were glad they had a firearm.  100% of women who weren't able or chose not to fight back are victims.  Why don't we acknowledge those statistics?

On another note, Madam Chair has nothing to worry about since nobody has any intention of raping her or doing anything otherwise sexual with her whether voluntary or involuntary.  I guess when you're a disgusting overweight manbeast of a woman, things like protecting yourself from rape isn't a concern. 

I'll have to remember to tell my wife and daughter to render themselves unattractive, grotesque female forms to prevent attack.  That is morally superior than putting a bullet into a rapist, right?

Edited by TMF
  • Like 5
At least Ted Harvey had it right.

Plus, I'm sick of that dishonest 83:1 stat being used against women. The victim's gun isn't used against her 83 out of 84 times. They misrepresent that stat all the time and I'm sick of it. Edited by BigK

These people will truly stop at nothing to continue to push their agenda for disarming the public. Can you imagine the balls it must take to look a rape survivor in the eyes and tell them statistics aren't on their side and that they shouldn't have a gun because tae kwon do didn't work against a bigger and stronger man. If nothing else these people are impressive in their ability to stick to the agenda, even in the face of real world experience. 

The "manbeast of a woman"(funny!) apologized to the woman after the meeting. Don't you know that makes it OK? You can say whatever stupid #### pops into your head as long as you apologize afterward, off the record and off camera.

I want to punch her in the face.

That might actually improve her looks. :devil:

100% percent of women who used a firearm to stop an attack were glad they had a firearm.  100% of women who weren't able or chose not to fight back are victims.  Why don't we acknowledge those statistics?

TMF, anti-gun politicians don't care about the accuracy of their statistics or whether or not their "advice" is realistic (see just about everything Joe Biden has said about guns for a perfect example). If they did they would acknowledge the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics' word on this. 

Percent of people injured during a robbery and resisting with a knife: 40.3%
Percent of people injured during an assault and resisting with a knife: 29.5%
Percent of people injured using non-violent resistance during a robbery: 35.9%
Percent of people injured using non-violent resistance during an assault: 25.5%
Percent of people injured doing nothing during a robbery: 24.7%
Percent of people injured doing nothing during an assault: 27.3%
Percent of people injured resisting with a gun during a robbery: 17.4%
Percent of people injured resisting with a gun during an assault: 12.1%

• Like 3