I beg all of you to watch this interview on VAXXED, the movie

Once you have personal experience with a number of friends and your own kid suffering damage soon after vaccines, you might see the validity in the film. Follow the money trail. Merck made nearly 700 million on shingles vaccine in 2016. Its a free of law suit litigation business. The CDC has been know to craft their studies to stay within the "safe" reaction times of vaccinations. I wont say more.... its your kids, your roll of the dice. The REAL focus should be on insuring a healthy immune system within the population. But that's another can of worms.

Edited by xtriggerman

That is why all of my grand children were home schooled and one still is because they are not required to get their shots before beginning school. I watch all these medicine ads on TV and just shake my head with discuss at the lies. Then you get this encyclopedia of possible side effects that can kill you and at the end of the commercial they say and the common side effect is running nose. I had a long talk with my doctor many years ago about all these things advertised on TV and she said yea I know. She said they make her mad because the Feds have given the drug companies permission to practice medicine without a license.

She said that she has lost some patients because they will come in and ask her to write them a  perscription for some trash they have seen on TV and when she won't do it they get mad and leave. Last time I went for my 6 month check up I asked he how many blood tests she had requested the baby boomers to get to check for HepC and she said do you want to be the first and we both laughed. She tells her patients that want flu shots to go to Walgreens and get them cause she is out of the shots but she never orders any to begin with. She says if they sell it on TV she does not offer it at he practice.

She said that the one that really makes her mad is the Optivo commercial telling folks they will live longer than on Chemo and then the list of side effects begin and it says that the medication may damage other good organs putting you at risk of death. She said Hell if you have cancer your already at enough risk without adding more. There are two new ones out promising the same thing and they all have the same side effects. 

That is why I drive 140 miles round trip to continue keeping her as my doctor. She was my doctor 2 years before I moved here and I won't be changing any time soon.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Some vaccines may be unneeded, but I find it ironic that there is definite proof that some vaccines have saved countless lives.

Other vaccines serve in my opinion as more of a convenience.

I got a chicken pox vaccine as a child. My Wife didn't. She got the chicken pox at a young age, which was "bearable" in the grand scheme of things.

She got shingles when she was about 19. My understanding is that in order to get shingles, you have to have had the chicken pox. Thus it is also my understanding that I cannot get shingles as I never had chicken pox. Shingles can be very damaging depending on where it occurs. Hers was on her shoulder so it was relatively safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

When I was a kid I got shots for everything every year before school from 1st grade to 4th grade and at that point the doctor told my mother I would not need any more as my immune system was protected for life. I cannot tell you what all the shots were for except for the Polio Shot as that Vacccine was relatively new and my next older brother to me had contracted polio at age 3 and he was crippled for his whole life. The doctors said he would not live to age 18 if he survived the disease at all but they were wrong. He attended school including college, got out of college and went to work for the IRS for 17 years, got married and had a family and died in his sleep from a heart attack at age 43.

I am not against medicines as I take them everyday for Diabetes, Blood Pressure, and a baby aspirin for a heart attack I had in 2006 and a stroke I had in 1996 that was caused by blood pressure busting a small blood vessel over my left ear. Only residual effect from that came a little later in life which is a short term memory issue once in a while when I get very tired.

I think some of the older vaccines where good, such as Polio, Small Pox, Typhoid, Malaria, and Chicken Pox which evidently came out later cause when I was getting shots that was not included cause I got chicken pox as a child. Itched like hell for about 3 or 4 days. But with that said I just don't trust the drug companies these days to have the best interest of the patient in their thoughts when they shove a new product on the market as much as they are looking at the profits made from them.....jmho on that. I have looked at some of the prices my insurance company pays for the meds I get and even though all of them are the older products that have been on the market many many years I get sticker shock. A bottle containing 10 ml of Levemir for my diabetes which lasts about 35 days is over $800.00 a month and that is a relative older medication. 

I did ask my doctor about Shingles and she said the number of people that get them is a lot lower than the advertisments on TV  state and she has read  all the medical  research on it and said that they say it is possibly caused by the Chicken Pox virus in their research but they are not 100% sure or even 80% sure but they don't tell you that in their advertisements.

Now with that said, I am 69 year old Baby Boomer and  I am not planning on rushing out and getting tested for Hep C or going to get a shot for Shingles or that new shot for another form of Pnemonia that is suppose to be going around. I don't fault anyone that does because it is the right of every individual to do what they feel is right for them.................JMHO 

As a child, I was vaccinated for all the standard things and when I joined the Army, they also gave me a series of shots. While in the military, we constantly got vaccinated for everything under the sun, and some stuff that never seen the light of day.  The only thing that gave me an adverse reaction was mefloquine for malaria, it would give me some strange dreams.  

My children were all vaccinated, for everything the school required and some required for overseas (Japan). Today, they and I still keep up with them.

Here is then newest FDA released drug to treat Hep C and some numbers and costs for the treatment. Also pay attention to the part about the people that had Hep B and what happened to them even if they were cured.

http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Health-News/APFN-US-MED-FDA/2017/08/04/id/805799/?ns_mail_uid=40374662&ns_mail_job=1745852_08042017&s=al&dkt_nbr=010124ystcu5

Everyone's body chemistry is different. I'm sure vaccines cause adverse reactions in a very small percentage of people.  Going on a crusade to stop all vaccinations because 1% or less develop some condition that might be related to the vaccine just doesn't pass the smell test. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, peejman said:

Everyone's body chemistry is different. I'm sure vaccines cause adverse reactions in a very small percentage of people.  Going on a crusade to stop all vaccinations because 1% or less develop some condition that might be related to the vaccine just doesn't pass the smell test. 

MY main reason for posting this was to show the rediculous prices these drug companies charge for the medication. I do realize that there is alot of testing and work that goes into developing new drugs but a lot of money is also paid to them by Government for the testing and manufacturing of the drugs but the drug companies make billions off of the backs of sick people. I understand fair profits but this is far beyond that...............JMHO 

1 hour ago, Omega said:

As a child, I was vaccinated for all the standard things and when I joined the Army, they also gave me a series of shots. While in the military, we constantly got vaccinated for everything under the sun, and some stuff that never seen the light of day.  The only thing that gave me an adverse reaction was mefloquine for malaria, it would give me some strange dreams.  

My children were all vaccinated, for everything the school required and some required for overseas (Japan). Today, they and I still keep up with them.

I think mefloquine messed with everyone. Possibly thinking of another anti malarial but there was an article recently about the side effects of it. Apparently it hammered most people. 

49 minutes ago, gjohnsoniv said:

I think mefloquine messed with everyone. Possibly thinking of another anti malarial but there was an article recently about the side effects of it. Apparently it hammered most people. 

Didn't have any problems with mefloquine when I went to Iraq in 2006.  Maybe I was lucky. Or maybe I'm just extra tough.  Yeah, that's probably it....

On 8/4/2017 at 0:10 PM, Omega said:

The only thing that gave me an adverse reaction was mefloquine for malaria, it would give me some strange dreams.

Can't remember if it was mefloquine, but the pills we had for malaria in Afghanistan when I was there in early 2002 were awesome.  Made rack time something to look forward to with those crazy dreams.  We only had them for a month or two before they switched them out for something else, so I suppose I won't have any long term effects.