Craigs List!!!

bersaguy

Well I don't know if I have heard of it before but Craigs List advertising turned deadly last night when a man got shot and killed during a meeting regarding the purchase of a vehicle. I was wondering how long it would take before someone would get killed during a transaction from that that organization............:doh: 

This deal was in a public place all lit up and I would guess there was other people in the area. It was at a Drive in market on a fairly busy highway/ street. I think his mistake was going alone and with buying a vehicle there was probably a large sum of money involved..........JMHO

• Like 1

I had a frend that was trying to buy a Harley froma person on Craigs list and all he got for his Harley purchase was robbed at gun point in a mall parking lo full of people and the bad guy left on the Harley my buddy went to buy.

I avoid Craigslist like the Plague............:clap:

26 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

This deal was in a public place all lit up and I would guess there was other people in the area. It was at a Drive in market on a fairly busy highway/ street. I think his mistake was going alone and with buying a vehicle there was probably a large sum of money involved..........JMHO

I grew up with the victim. From Elementry school to high school. We both went to the police academy in Donaldson together back in 97 . He worked with me on my department and then moved to another. I just don't see why he went by himself especially at night to sell a car.   Hopefully more information will come out and the bad guys found.

Edited by tercel89
7 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

I grew up with the victim. From Elementry school to high school. We both went to the police academy in Donaldson together back in 97 . He worked with me on my department and then moved to another. I just don't see why he went by himself especially at night to sell a car.   Hopefully more information will come out and the bad guys found.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It often makes me wonder what people are thinking or should I say not thinking about when most people know what society is like this day in time and will put themselves out there just to get injured or killed! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

I guess since they knew who he was, the only way to stay alive was to turn himself in. He was lucky to escape the chase without getting shot that time. I hope he gets the needle. He deserves nothing less.........JMHO

I don’t know that it’s just a Craig’s List problem. I buy and sell guns through several places. Sure, being armed might help, but someone that wants to rob you on a gun transaction will know you are armed. A gun won’t help you much when you are staring down the barrel of a gun, or multiple guns.

Many Police Departments are offering “Safe Trade Stations”. I haven’t used it yet, but Murfreesboro offers their parking lot at the Police Station (as does some other cities around here). I’m sure some of them ban firearms deals; but it’s something to check out.

I’m sure at some point some creative business types will turn it into a business.

This is a sad story, rip Officer Outlaw. Sorry to friends and family too.

I too have used craigslist for many a purchase and sale. I've never had an issue and I think part of that is by judging the people you are dealing with. If you get a bad feeling, don't follow through. Of course the stuff I deal with probably is no desire for a criminal. 

Using the the local police station is a good idea.