Hi Point 9mm pistol

You know, I don't like these weapons, mostly for the aesthetics, but the ones I have fired go bang each and every time.  They get looked down upon, much like the "plastic" Glocks once did, and still do every now and then, but besides the look of them, I don't see what is so bad with them.  My little Jennings .22 looks, arguably, little better, and probably costs more, than a Hi-Point 9mm, but I can assure you the Hi-Point is a much better deal.  These are made in the US no? , and at that price point many TN residents can afford to exercise their 2A rights, and new permitless carry rights as well.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Snaveba said:

Only 8 rounds and as heavy as a Glock19 with twice the capacity. 

True, but look up hipoint torcher test on YouTube. It’s hilarious what they put that “brick” through before finally destroying it.  While they are ugly, heavy, and low round capacity , they are cheap, and go bang every time. 

I have good guns, but stashed in various locations about the house are hipoint 9’s simply because if they get dirty I don’t have to worry about it they’ll still go bang. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Snaveba said:

I suppose if I wanted something heavy and ugly to throw at an intruder, that might be a good use for that pistol.

Translation... I'm a gun snob that thinks I know more about the original posters business than he does and I can't respect the fact that he paid to be able to post in the classifieds so I'll crap on his thread in a manner that could only serve to belittle someone and not be beneficial to the original poster or anyone else. 

When I joined this forum in 2009 I was amazed at the quality and class of it's members. Unfortunately time moves forward and that quality and class moves in the other direction.

To the original poster I wish you good luck in your search.

Edited by turkeydad
  • Like 6

just don't drop one loaded-considering they have no firing pin safety-

I looked this up and admit I am wrong-they do have a drop safety.

My son had a C9 that he could never get to run right-no matter what Hi Point told him to do.

But he did have one in .40S&W that did function correctly.

Edited by krunchnik
3 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Only 8 rounds and as heavy as a Glock19 with twice the capacity. 

Just a quick check on Bud's website tells me the Hi Point is $200 while the G19 is $550. And the glock is still ugly. If I'm low on funds or not a gun aficionado, I'll just take the Hi Point. Onw step up would be Kel Tec or SCCY.

My daughter's Hi Point is locked in my cabinet. And it never fails to go bang when directed to do so.

14 minutes ago, papa61 said:

Just a quick check on Bud's website tells me the Hi Point is $200 while the G19 is $550. And the glock is still ugly. If I'm low on funds or not a gun aficionado, I'll just take the Hi Point. Onw step up would be Kel Tec or SCCY.

My daughter's Hi Point is locked in my cabinet. And it never fails to go bang when directed to do so.

Actually I’d take the hipoint over the keltec unless their quality has improved. Every keltec I’ve had I had to polish the ramp to make it feed properly. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, turkeydad said:

Translation... I'm a gun snob that thinks I know more about the original posters business than he does and I can't respect the fact that he paid to be able to post in the classifieds so I'll crap on his thread in a manner that could only serve to belittle someone and not be beneficial to the original poster or anyone else. 

When I joined this forum in 2009 I was amazed at the quality and class of it's members. Unfortunately time moves forward and that quality and class moves in the other direction.

To the original poster I wish you good luck in your search.

I was somewhat making a joke and somewhat asking why.

All my experience with them is that they are an inexpensive but inferior firearm. They are clunky, and heavy, and have a low capacity and from what I have researched and observed, less reliable than most. 

They are inexpensive, but I personally would  spend a little more for anything I was staking my life on  

if I offended the original poster, I apologize. 

i did think that folks had a seance of humor on this forum. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

I was somewhat making a joke and somewhat asking why.

All my experience with them is that they are an inexpensive but inferior firearm. They are clunky, and heavy, and have a low capacity and from what I have researched and observed, less reliable than most. 

They are inexpensive, but I personally would  spend a little more for anything I was staking my life on  

if I offended the original poster, I apologize. 

i did think that folks had a seance of humor on this forum. 

it has been my experience that all makers have quality issues at some point. Hi Point has built a very sturdy piece and all of their arms are of the same pattern. The carbine is ugly but I still want one. Also been my experience that you can make anything run reliably if you know how.

I did feel your comment was condescending for future reference. But I tend to be the same way and not apologetic for it. 😆