WTB/WTT for reloading setup - CLOSED

Located in Nashville, TN

Just getting into reloading, so need press, powder measure, dies, etc. Interested in reloading for 9mm and 223/556. Used stuff that works is fine by me. Preference is to get a complete setup including tumbler, media as well if you've got a whole set you're cleaning out! 

Can pay cash, trade you a variety of ammo, primers (maybe you're letting go of an old kit you no longer use), etc. 

Edited by user1776

MidSouth Shooters Supply has a good sale on Lee Challenger kits in the $150 range. They are very easy to work with. Pick the one you want, call them in the morning to place your order. Drive to Clarksville that same afternoon to pick it up and save on shipping. They are right off I24 so there is no driving through town. 

They do not have a retail front but they do have a phone order pickup desk.

These are even in stock (thier website is very accurate when you sort in-stock items).

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0000690050/breech-lock-challenger-kit-(50th-anniversary-kit)

Edited by DO-TN
  • Like 3

I personally would skip right on over anything press wise made by Lee, just straight up junk. That's just my personal experience with their products, and trying to save you the headache. If you are wanting a progressive, the Hornady LnL is just ok and if it is all you can find at a decent price I would get it, as it is way better than any lee product. But if you can wait, just get the dillon it will save you a bunch of aggravation in the long run.

I’ve been loading on Lee gear for years with no issues, and I’m able to produce 1/4 MOA loads. I use a turret press, but if I had it to do over again I’d go with a progressive. I can also recommend the challenger kit that DO-TN recommended. You get a press, plus’s most of the other stuff you need. As you start reloading you will find where you may want to invest in better quality stuff, and some places where the basics are OK. I’d also keep the press for loading rifle stuff as that is usually done in single stage anyway. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 9:38 AM, Thursty said:

I’ve been loading on Lee gear for years with no issues, and I’m able to produce 1/4 MOA loads. I use a turret press, but if I had it to do over again I’d go with a progressive. I can also recommend the challenger kit that DO-TN recommended. You get a press, plus’s most of the other stuff you need. As you start reloading you will find where you may want to invest in better quality stuff, and some places where the basics are OK. I’d also keep the press for loading rifle stuff as that is usually done in single stage anyway. 

Wow, 1/4" MOA loads on a lee turret press is impressive. The loadmaster that I had for a brief time had tolerances so sloppy there was no way it was capable of producing ammo no where that good. You say you have been loading on it for years, maybe the quality was better years ago, than more recent ones.

1 hour ago, tmauto769 said:

Wow, 1/4" MOA loads on a lee turret press is impressive. The loadmaster that I had for a brief time had tolerances so sloppy there was no way it was capable of producing ammo no where that good. You say you have been loading on it for years, maybe the quality was better years ago, than more recent ones.

Nah, my old (ish) Lee turret can get ammo that accurate, as long as I do my part by doing good case prep, same headstamps, weigh bullets and charges etc.  And of course the rifle and I have to do our part as well.