Coca-Cola Using Cocaine

Will

Story broke today on national news,no longer urban myth.   About 03-05 I worked on a project with CC #3 person Atlanta.  CC had a 20 year window to from DEA to find a replacement and were cut off. CC came out with the New Coke and it flopped.  CC pleaded with DEA nothing else gives CC that  "bite"  and they are on verge of going bankrupt worldwide. The DEA gave them another long extension. People laughed when I would tell them this story,of course the Coke us uncoked and dead from the DEA.  When people would visit the President in Atlanta CC and ask what is the secret  ingredient in the safe he would have them go over to the open safe and pull out the only paper in there with one word printed on it        Cocaine.     If the Govt. hid this for seventy years,what else are they hiding.   People used to laugh when I told them this story including some of my Federal buddies.

• Wow 1
Just now, Whisper said:

I started typing a response to this and then I noticed today's date.  You almost got me.

Whisper

He got me i guess lol. 

That doesn't change what I grew up hearing. Or what our GVT is capable of 🙄

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Will said:

Story broke today on national news,no longer urban myth.   About 03-05 I worked on a project with CC #3 person Atlanta.  CC had a 20 year window to from DEA to find a replacement and were cut off. CC came out with the New Coke and it flopped.  CC pleaded with DEA nothing else gives CC that  "bite"  and they are on verge of going bankrupt worldwide. The DEA gave them another long extension. People laughed when I would tell them this story,of course the Coke us uncoked and dead from the DEA.  When people would visit the President in Atlanta CC and ask what is the secret  ingredient in the safe he would have them go over to the open safe and pull out the only paper in there with one word printed on it        Cocaine.     If the Govt. hid this for seventy years,what else are they hiding.   People used to laugh when I told them this story including some of my Federal buddies.

Good one.

I thought it was general knowledge back in the day that CC contained cocaine. It least, that was the urban myth. 

No Aprils Fools.  Story broke today,  Daily Mail  I would link it but do not know how. True story on my part.  

Daily Mail.com                   They are out of UK and break all/most stories hours to days ahead of any US reporting outlets.

Edited by Will
add
4 minutes ago, Will said:

What a sad site this is,nobody  believed me!! LOL     but not a story to tell on April !st

We believe you; it's just that this story didn't break today.  It's been reported often over the years; do a quick search and you'll find many stories dating way back.  Also suspicious in your first post was the mention of the DEA; Coca-Cola products are regulated by the FDA, so that was a red flag for fake news.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Whisper said:

We believe you; it's just that this story didn't break today.  It's been reported often over the years; do a quick search and you'll find many stories dating way back.  Also suspicious in your first post was the mention of the DEA; Coca-Cola products are regulated by the FDA, so that was a red flag for fake news.

First time I seen the story in news with actual facts and photos.  FDA yes,but DEA is in place in plant and is delivered by DEA Armed Agents twice a year.    Why is it DEA controlled,as per CC do you know what value this would have on street for dealers to cut Coke with instead of baby formula.

6 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

I’ve read that for years. Something to the extent that they grow it in the US, take the “tame” components and make cola and the “bad” components get used in pharmaceuticals. 

The Mrs and I watched a documentary about Coca Cola on the History Channel. It was quite interesting.

When the feds forced them to stop using cocaine, Coca Cola was cool w/ leaving it out since it added so little to the taste. Good ol Uncle Sam jumped in and said if they did they'd have to change their name. So, they hired a NJ company that imports coca leaves directly from Peru legally. The company sells the "spent" leaves to Coca Cola and sells the legally extracted cocaine to a pharmaceutical company for profit. Apparently this is all possible because the NJ company has some kind of exclusive sweetheart deal with the feds that lets them import the leaves.