The Every Trip Range Gun.

Grayfox54

People are going to laugh. But a CZ scorpion. It is so heavy for 9mm that it has very little recoil. Add my Dead Air Ghost 45 to it and it is a tack driver with little to no recoil. Very easy for anyone to pick up and shoot. It is not intimidating for new shooters, it's fun for old shooters, unique enough that a surprising number of folks have not shot one yet, especially with the can. just a good fun range gun. always a crowd favorite. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Pretty much anything I can run a can on. TX22 Comp, Sig Rattler, Kriss Vector 10mm are the top 3 currently. Could pop off thousands of round and not feel beat up. Hoping my new Marlin 1895 Dark with the Hybrid 46 will be a match made in heaven next time out.

Kel-Tec Sub-2000. It folds up and goes right in the bag, and takes Glock magazines.

At some point, striker-fired polymer pistols, while nice and mechanically perfect, just get boring.

I remember going to the range with my buddy, we pulled out half a dozen assorted Glocks and M&Ps and stuff, and laid them all out. Fired them all a few times. But we agreed, his revolver and my Sub-2000 were the most fun to shoot, and kept going back to those.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a 16” AR, iron sights, fixed stock, loop sling and a can. I shoot that nearly every time I’m at the range. There is something pure about iron sights and positional shooting., and few things more fun than shooting steel from a suppressed gun.

5 minutes ago, shackelford said:

I have a 16” AR, iron sights, fixed stock, loop sling and a can. I shoot that nearly every time I’m at the range. There is something pure about iron sights and positional shooting...  ...

I love this. Shoot more rifles..!!!

The greatest rifle match I ever went to was the great " Over the Log " muzzle loader match that used to be held at the Alvin York home place in early spring every year.   

Men n women shooting great muzzle loading rifles " over the log " at targets 40 yards away ( I think ) with iron sights n shooting the center out of the hourglass cross... 

There is nothing greater nor more American.  America was made great by American Riflemen.  We all need ta shoot the rifle we like most more often.

leroy...

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, leroy said:

The greatest rifle match I ever went to was the great " Over the Log " muzzle loader match that used to be held at the Alvin York home place in early spring every year.   

Men n women shooting great muzzle loading rifles " over the log " at targets 40 yards away ( I think ) with iron sights n shooting the center out of the hourglass cross... 

There is nothing greater nor more American.  America was made great by American Riflemen.  We all need ta shoot the rifle we like most more often.

leroy...

Did you get to take home the beef critter?

12 hours ago, leroy said:

leroy...

A buddy of mine used to go to the York shoots and raved about them.  So, he prepared an area on his property, complete with the log and the targets (he set them up at 60 yds) and we all went up and participated.  Really a cool way to challenge your proficiency with the old flintlocks.  

• Like 1