New Non-profit seeking input

Wasn't there a new member here asking basically the same thing here recently?聽 The link to them is blocked for me currently but will check it out when I get home.聽 This article is trying to paint the impromptu legislative session as a negative.聽 I highly doubt they would have been happy if some of those initiatives were put in place, while we would definitely not be happy if others were.

The proposals include:

• Allowing courts to temporarily remove someone鈥檚 firearms if they are deemed to be a danger to themselves or others.
  • Expanding the role of school resource officers.
  • Incentives and trainings for responsible gun ownership.
  • Restoring gun ownership rights for certain people formerly convicted of felonies.聽
  • Requiring a permit to carry a loaded handgun in public.
  • Investing in youth and community education on gun safety.

• Like 1

Yep, that's the same questionnaire that other guy posted a couple of weeks ago. There was a long thread on it. Vague questions with vague answers. Many forum members had doubts as some responses could be twisted for anti-gun purposes. Plus nobody ever heard of this group before. There's some serious trust issues here.聽

Some folks answered,聽 I didn't.聽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still think that those of us interested in the issue should fill out the聽questionnaire, don't let them just have the Commie Mommies as the only respondents.

This was sent to be my one of the best House members asking me to get our side involved in answering.聽聽

• Like 1

The problem with this survey is that four of the eight proposals listed are described so nebulously that it's not possible to judge whether they would be useful or detrimental to honest citizens.聽 As the saying goes, the devil is in the details, and four of these proposals are described so minimally that they could have been developed by Satan himself, but cloaked with vagueness to hide their true evil intent.聽 Maybe I'm too skeptical in my old age, but I find it unlikely that this is an accident.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Whisper said:

The problem with this survey is that four of the eight proposals listed are described so nebulously that it's not possible to judge whether they would be useful or detrimental to honest citizens.聽 As the saying goes, the devil is in the details, and four of these proposals are described so minimally that they could have been developed by Satan himself, but cloaked with vagueness to hide their true evil intent.聽 Maybe I'm too skeptical in my old age, but I find it unlikely that this is an accident.

Cheers,

Whisper

I agree. Reading some of these 10 times and still wondering WTH does it mean/imply.聽

Also with no ability to provide input this survey is skewed to get the results it's looking for. I see very little solutions, just more blah, blah, blah, blah that can be used to implement more useless laws.

Edited by TripleGGG
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, TripleGGG said:

Also with no ability to provide input this survey is skewed to get the results it's looking for.

Surveys are easy to rig. Its all about how you word the questions and limiting answer choices.聽

The classic example is: "Do you still beat your wife?" with only a choice of Yes or No.聽馃檮

I don't like the very vague questions or the available answers on this thing.聽馃槨

• Like 4

The correct answer for all of these is "Strongly Disagree". Due to the wording (unclear what is being asked) it becomes obvious this "survey" is geared to come up with whatever 'conclusion' the sponsor of the survey wants. And the more "gun" people they can get filling it out, the more legitimacy they can present the results as having.聽

If it was a REAL survey seeking legitimate data, the questions would be clear & concise. You would know what you read & you would be able to easily pick an answer that matched your true feelings on the matter.

@Worriedman聽, I truly respect you. This survey, however, is trash. Why is it being pushed when it is clear that the wording is nebulous allowing for ANY conclusion to be drawn from the results? Again - Worriedman = Good! Survey = Bad 馃槥

The left (and governor) want Red Flag laws. We the people want due process & our rights to be respected. The legislature wants guidance on where the winds blow on public opinion. This "survey" will be used to sell the legislature a story that EVERYONE supports Red Flag laws, one way or another, even those 'gun people'.

Nope. Not helping them sell that idea. If you take the survey, I suggest you answer "STRONGLY DISAGREE" for every question. Better yet, just skip it. There is no value to be found here. Clear surveys with simple to understand language are easy to write. This is not one of them. Ask yourself why that is.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Frog4aday said:

@Worriedman聽, I truly respect you. This survey, however, is trash. Why is it being pushed when it is clear that the wording is nebulous allowing for ANY conclusion to be drawn from the results? Again - Worriedman = Good! Survey = Bad 馃槥

This exactly. Feel like your heart and mind are in the right place but that survey....

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

• Like 1
On 11/30/2023 at 6:03 AM, Worriedman said:

I still think that those of us interested in the issue should fill out the聽questionnaire, don't let them just have the Commie Mommies as the only respondents.

This was sent to be my one of the best House members asking me to get our side involved in answering.聽聽

Invite him here if he truly wants to know what we think. Color me skeptical, but I have my doubts.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Worriedman said:

One of the best Reps. asked me to get responses that would at least have some modicum of offset,聽 I try to work with them.

Care to share his name?聽 And as @gregintennmentioned, invite him to create an account, or heck set up a meet and greet with a few members to discuss the proposals that are being discussed, because a sliding scale just doesn't cut it.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Invite him here if he truly wants to know what we think. Color me skeptical, but I have my doubts.

He knows what we think, he carried the Civil Immunity bill, I work with him all the time.聽 He is trying to get metrics to push back against the RINOS that are in charge.聽 He has been shown the data that there are no contrary to the gun grabbers responses, meaning all of Tennessee is in favor of more gun control.

If you cannot discern how to answer the questions, (strongly disagree) I guess we are truly doomed.

The other side will show all their buds answers and there will be an insignificant amount of push back.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Omega said:

Care to share his name?聽 And as @gregintennmentioned, invite him to create an account, or heck set up a meet and greet with a few members to discuss the proposals that are being discussed, because a sliding scale just doesn't cut it.

How about some of the members here show up in committee meetings?聽

In every meeting at the legislature there are 100s of Moms Demand Action, and me...the picture added was the hearing on HB1005,themost important bill to come up in years and sponsored the the same legislator, where were the 2nd Amendment supporters for that one?聽

Moms.jpg

Edited by Worriedman
  • Like 1

So, @Worriedman would it be helpful if people WOULD do the survey (even if they can't understand the weird wording) as long as they are answering "STRONGLY DISAGREE"聽to each question?聽

I came to the "strongly disagree" conclusion when I read the questions & realized any other answer allows them to interpret it as me supporting 2nd amendment/due process infringement, even a little,...and I don't.

Edited by Frog4aday
Punctuation fix
  • Like 2
On 12/2/2023 at 3:46 PM, Frog4aday said:

So, @Worriedman would it be helpful if people WOULD do the survey (even if they can't understand the weird wording) as long as they are answering "STRONGLY DISAGREE"聽to each question?聽

I came to the "strongly disagree" conclusion when I read the questions & realized any other answer allows them to interpret it as me supporting 2nd amendment/due process infringement, even a little,...and I don't.

Indeed, "Strongly Disagree" to every one.

The tide is building, they are coming for us.

• Like 1