CMP 1911 Round 4

7 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Update: I ordered the gun on Monday. Here it is Friday and it hasn't been shipped yet. Just got off the phone with them. My order should be processed today. However, they don't ship on Fridays and Monday is President's Day. Should be shipped on Tuesday.聽

I find this quite odd as every time I've bought from CMP in the past, the order was processed and the gun shipped the next day.聽 Apparently CMP is short staffed and running behind. Just thought y'all might want to be aware of this.聽馃檮

That is odd..... Every time for me it went out right after the call.聽聽

They probably ran another background check and decided to send some black helicopters to circle your house...聽馃槈

Check the box for "white powder" sprinkled on it when it arrives........

Edited by Choatecav

Its here!聽馃槂

I actually picked it up last Wednesday, but I just got around to taking pics and posting today.聽

KN3ahPO.jpg

EyWMcZi.jpg

1943 Colt frame with an Ithaca slide.聽聽

This one is a bit nicer than the one I got in round 1. I'm happy with it.聽馃憤

• Like 5

Yep! That's a nice one. I've considered trying for one, but...have too many now. Considering having my Dad's Remington-Rand spruced up a bit. It's in very good condition for it's age and use. Just a bit bland looking next to my others.聽

7 hours ago, hipower said:

Yep! That's a nice one. I've considered trying for one, but...have too many now. Considering having my Dad's Remington-Rand spruced up a bit. It's in very good condition for it's age and use. Just a bit bland looking next to my others.聽

Any type of refinishing or modification will reduce the value of it.Your gun,your call.If you鈥檙e leaving it for future generations that鈥檚 something to consider.If not,gold plate it.馃槀

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Its here!聽馃槂

I actually picked it up last Wednesday, but I just got around to taking pics and posting today.聽

KN3ahPO.jpg

EyWMcZi.jpg

1943 Colt frame with an Ithaca slide.聽聽

This one is a bit nicer than the one I got in round 1. I'm happy with it.聽馃憤

Very nice, indeed.聽 They still have some sweet pistols this late in the game.聽 That's good.聽聽

19 hours ago, et45 said:

Any type of refinishing or modification will reduce the value of it.Your gun,your call.If you鈥檙e leaving it for future generations that鈥檚 something to consider.If not,gold plate it.馃槀

It's surprised the heck outta me...but only one member of my family interested in things like slug throwers anymore. So I'm holding a few in reserve for a cousin and his son, but the rest I plan on selling over the next few years. I hope. If we don't all get reamed by the current gubment!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, hipower said:

It's surprised the heck outta me...but only one member of my family interested in things like slug throwers anymore. So I'm holding a few in reserve for a cousin and his son, but the rest I plan on selling over the next few years. I hope. If we don't all get reamed by the current gubment!

As long as the Government stays out our business, I think at least one of mine will want my small collection of shooters.聽

@hipower, I am available for adoption, though I鈥檓 probably near your age.聽馃槈

On 2/25/2024 at 9:18 PM, Moped said:

As long as the Government stays out our business, I think at least one of mine will want my small collection of shooters.聽

@hipower, I am available for adoption, though I鈥檓 probably near your age.聽馃槈

For a small(relatively) fee...I might consider that. I need a child around to do my chores!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Round 2, Ithaca frame, RR slide. 聽What you are are getting is a genuine G.I. 1911 or 1911A1 with documentation that provides provenance that can't be guaranteed from any other source. 聽Yes, the prices have gone up but, its's worth it IMO.

IMG_3061.jpeg

On 2/24/2024 at 5:47 PM, hipower said:

I am a buyer

16 hours ago, Wireman said:

I am a buyer

If I interpreted that correctly...that's not going to happen. LOL. Not sure where it will go when I'm gone, but have no intentions of selling. Possibly gifting to one of Dad's nephews that's begun competition in long range 22 for now.聽 I think that would please both Dad and Remy. Anyway hope that's a little further off. But never know what the Good Lord has planned for me/us.

Thanks for the option though.