Uvalde Texas Report

Correct Garufa. "Media" reported that 5 Uvalde Officers were disciplined already. Feds Report stated the shooter fired 72 total rounds while on scene, and the officers heard many of the shots as the shooter fired at will, but Police didn't go in to confront the shooter. Report said while the Chief was on the scene no one stepped up and displayed any leadership in that situation. This report is from Federal DOJ, I believe, and the culmination of a year-long investigation done by Prs Biden's boys.

Makes me wonder what will happen to that Police Department and City. My guess a lot of lawsuits from families of those involved. The residents are shouting loudly, on TV, and rightly so. Their Police Dept totally let them down.  

I know it would be hard to take if we had someone involved. Metro handled the Covenant School really well. Kudo's to those 4 Metro officers that went in at Covenant. Now they were "hero warriors", IMO guys. They never hesitated but took care of business. The shooter was firing at officers in the parking lot while the 4 officers hunted her down and neutralized the threat. That school acted/performed well also.  Hope the next school or church is as prepared!

Evil is out there, even in our own communities. Most stick their heads in the sand, so to speak, and simply will not, or can't accept that it can happen where they are. Boggles my mind.

Constantly praying I don't run into evil, ever. Don't know about you guys, but if I ever am forced to, I pray God will help me to do the right thing and also my best to protect mine and me. If that chaps some people, I am sorry for that. May God help us all where evil is concerned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The cops blew it big time. Its as simple as that. But a big lesson was learned. PDs everywhere will no longer hesitate. 

As for the DOJ report. We all knew what it would say before it even started. Its all about politics. Never let a good crisis go to waste. 🤬

On 1/19/2024 at 8:10 AM, Grayfox54 said:

...a big lesson was learned. PDs everywhere will no longer hesitate. 

It will still come down to individual actions.  When Covenant happened, we were fortunate to have true courage carry the day.  In Uvalde, the officers cared more about their safety both individually and collectively than the children's.  I completely understand the very real human instincts there, but they can't be how a police officer acts in a moment of need.

All the cool guy tac gear, and weapon modifications don't mean a damn thing unless someone takes the steps and closes in on the threat.

Here's hoping the next community in this situation has more of what we saw than what Uvalde saw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3