I'm glad I went the modular route. Having the ability to adapt to so many different platforms with only a couple of cans has more value to me than chasing less decibels and buying more cans for specific purposes. I went Silencerco with an Omega 36M, Omega 45K, and Hybrid 46 and they cover pretty much everything centerfire I shoot with the various adapter bits. There are other companies that do modular cans and may do a better job but this is what I have personal experience with. It's my understanding that much of the adapter hardware has cross-compatibility with other manufacturers. I got those, a rimfire can, and their Salvo 12 shotgun can and I haven't really had to urge to look into more cans except for 50BMG which mine are too small for 😞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, LangdoniousRex said:

I'm glad I went the modular route. Having the ability to adapt to so many different platforms with only a couple of cans has more value to me than chasing less decibels and buying more cans for specific purposes. I went Silencerco with an Omega 36M, Omega 45K, and Hybrid 46 and they cover pretty much everything centerfire I shoot with the various adapter bits. There are other companies that do modular cans and may do a better job but this is what I have personal experience with. It's my understanding that much of the adapter hardware has cross-compatibility with other manufacturers. I got those, a rimfire can, and their Salvo 12 shotgun can and I haven't really had to urge to look into more cans except for 50BMG which mine are too small for 😞

That Salvo is damn tempting 

My first purchase was a .22 suppressor and an Silencerco Hybrid (now the Hybrid 46).  If I was doing it now it would be a .22 can and probably an Omega 36M.

• Thanks 1

I was pretty stupud with suppressor purchases early on:

Huntertown Arms Kestrel 556 - company isnt even in business anymore. Use it as a .22 suppressor mostly.  If/when it fails, whatever. 

Silencerco Osprey45:  good suppressor, hate timing it. Doesnt work well on everything it can but due to its size, suppresses very well in both .45 and 9mm.  But doesnt work well on 9mm due to its weight. I use it primarily on a Scorpion Evo.

The last suppressor I got is what Id stick with: Surefire Socom RC2.  Its been a rock star. Only have one in 5.56 but when SS gets on in 7.62 back in stock, Im jumping on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

You happen to recall the models ? 

SPS Sparrow 22, Osprey Hybrid, Omega 30

Mike at Law Enforcement Sales highly recommended them. I've not been disappointed. I got the adapter setup so easy to swap. 

• Thanks 1

#1 is how many calibers are you really trying to cover? Imagine there’s some sticker shock, but cans that cover wide variety of calibers saves you a lot of headache. 
Rugged razor - 30cal can built like a tank. Really no complaints, though I might steer you to something user serviceable. Bought 2 muzzle devices and can swap between rifles in seconds. Stay away from folks who like proprietary mounting IMO

what I really wish I’d been able to find was a can that could run 9mm / 762 / 556. 

patience and timing with some of the crazy deals that pop up in in awhile too (BOGO, free stamps, etc.,)

• Thanks 1

I have 2 RF cans, a Ruger branded one and a Silencerco Spectre, no issues with either of them.  I got the Spectre RF as a BOGO when I bought the Harvester 30, which covers everything from 20 cal up to 6BR.  I just have all of my barrels threaded the same (5/8-24) and move it around as needed.

• Thanks 1

I think the biggest thing I'd do differently is with pistol and rimfire cans. Instead of purchasing stainless steel baffled models id opt for either titanium or aluminum.  Breakfree's suppressor cleaner they recently released is really nice. 

Don't get me wrong, the mask and obsidian 45 are awesome at what they do, they're just heavy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My first was a Checkmate QD rimfire and liked it so much I bought a second rimfire (Silencer Co Sparrow). I also bought .30 cal rifle suppressor (Blackhawk Gas Can that I understand internally is just a Silencer Co Osprey) because it was so cheap. Haven't delved into pistol suppressors at this point.

Other than possibly selecting different rimfire suppressors (that didn't exist when I bought mine), don't think I'd do anything different. I was surprised by how much I liked the rifle can even with supersonic ammo - the blast & recoil reduction is significant.

Consider checking out Pew Science for suppressor discussions and reviews. There's a bunch a data, reviews & rankings available for free, and the podcast (The Jay Situation Podcast) is an easy way to consume the info.

https://pewscience.com/

• Thanks 1

I have always thought a good .30 and .22 qd suppressors would cover most calibers. I did a surefire 300sps, then silencerco octane 9, then silencerco switchback, and finally with a surefire rc2. All are great for my purposes. I probably could have lived without the 9mm can though, it sounded great initially with "suppress everything" but often just sits in the safe now.

• Thanks 1

I've got a Hybrid 46, and I'm very pleased with it.  Also have a couple of .22 suppressors, one is a Form 1 model.  I'd like to get one more 9mm suppressor which would be mounted on one firearm all the time.

• Thanks 1

My 5.56 Thunderbeast is awesome.

My Cyclone is probably the most accurate 30 cal I have, but it's heavy. 

I'm happy with my Rugged Radiant and both Q 30 cal cans. They are my work horses. 

My 9mm Ti-rant is fantastic, but it doesn't get used much. 

The SSK was my first and it's huge and heavy. 

My YHM wraith sounds good, but it can't be taken apart. I wouldn't do that over. 

My  458 Elite iron was a nightmare.

Edited by Alleycat72
  • Thanks 1

From my most recent research the wait time has been reduced dramatically. Not sure what to blame that on but I am going to try and make hay while the sun shines.

Really appreciate everyones input so far. Lots of good options it seems 👍

I purchased several silencers around the same time. I wanted dedicated silencers for certain pistols. No reason other than not have to swap out during range sessions. 

I have the Silencerco Omega 9K & 45K, Osprey 9, Octane 2.0 9mm,  Octane 45, Dead Air Mask 22, Surefire SOCOM 300 SPS and Surefire SOCOM 556 Mini2.  

If I were purchasing today, I’d probably invest in a top shelf multi-caliber can. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I only have the Silencerco Omega 36M, but so far I love it! The low back pressure cans are the latest and greatest so going forward I'd like to get one of those and definitely a dedicated .22 supressor. Purchasing through Silencer Shop made it fairly easy to do. I'm waiting for another BOGO from Silencerco. They had one 2 weeks after I bought mine. Just missed out!

-southernasylum

• Thanks 1