Recommend a Canadian Whisky

• Administrator

I think I've had a few Canadian whiskys over the years but couldn't tell you what they were or if I liked them.  My collection of American, Irish, Scotch, and Japanese whiskeys and bourbons borders upon "stupendous" so... I want to branch out a little.

Recommend a good Canadian whisky, if you will.

image.png

Believe it or not Crown Royal Peach with lemonade is a great summer drink. 
If you are looking for a sipping whisky I enjoy JP Wisers 18 yo blended if you can find it. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Ahitchc4 said:

I think the new Traveller Whiskey by Buffalo Trace and Chris Stapleton is a Canadian blend. I have a bottle but haven’t cracked it yet.

I've got a bottle of Traveler and am probably 3/4 way through it.  Good stuff.  Never really considered it to be a Canadian blend but apparently it is because of the inclusion of other spirits.

https://thebourbonculture.com/whiskey-reviews/traveller-whiskey-review/

3 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I thought Crown Royal was the gold standard of Canadian Whiskey.

I guess it’s too pedestrian for the booze snobs these days.  😆

Edited by Garufa
  • Haha 1

Uncle in Canada and a few buddies here that can more than afford the top shelf/locked in cabinet  Canadian Whiskies buy and drink Canadian Club straight up.

• Wow 1
  • Administrator
23 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I thought Crown Royal was the gold standard of Canadian Whiskey.

I think that's kind of like saying Jack Daniel's is the standard for American whisky.  They have presence from sheer volume of sales, but aren't necessarily the best of the bunch.  🙂 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, LangdoniousRex said:

Crown Royal Reserve is a legitimately good sipping whisky. Went through several bottles of it last time I was in Hawaii, of all places, as it was readily available and reasonably priced.  

I just came back from Maui, about the only thing reasonable is pineapples.

all meals were $20-30 each setting, beer $10-12.50 for 16oz, mix drink $18-25, day 2 I just said F it and I'll deal with it when I get back to Tn.🙄