Please remember us

Guest billwilly73

Guest billwilly73

Although I have never met any of you all here, I feel close enough to ya'll to share some personal stuff............mainly I need to vent a little.

A little background first........................

My parents married in 1971, they had 4 kids 2 boys 2 girls I am the oldest. When I was about ten they got into being foster parents a few years later they adopted four more kids 3 girls and 1 boy, then last year adopted three more kids 2 boys and 1 girl. And now currently are in the process of adopting another girl. Yes that makes 12 kids 5 boys and 7 girls. I'm the oldest at 35 and the youngest is 3 next month. They are great parents and I think they went above and beyond in the parenting department.

Like most people my father taught me to fish and hunt and bought me my first gun and taught me how to shoot and be safe with it. We hunt and fish every year. He taught the other kids stuff too but who cares about them:p

Fast forward to a few weeks ago Dad got sick and went to hospital with pnumonia........I think I spelled that wrong.........any ways while there he found out that the cancer he had back in 1998 has returned. After a few tests were run we got the call from the Dr. today.

They say he's got 6 months to a year left. It has been a very hard day to deal with and I feel it won't get any easier. I have tried to stay strong for the rest of the family but it is hard. When me and dad went out on the porch a little while ago he said "Maybe we'll get in one more deer season before I croak." You just gotta know him and how he is.;)

Just please remember me and my family in your prayers.

Thanks and God bless

And sorry for rambling and about the grammer and spelling (I got a lot on my mind):D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

Wow, man. That's tough. From the adoption story alone, I can tell he's a remarkable man. God bless him for the impact he chose to make in the lives of these children. A man of that honor is sometimes hard to find these days. May God bless and keep you and your family.

Guest canynracer
Wow, man. That's tough. From the adoption story alone, I can tell he's a remarkable man. God bless him for the impact he chose to make in the lives of these children. A man of that honor is sometimes hard to find these days. May God bless and keep you and your family.

+2000000000

God Bless you and yours.

That's really tough about your dad. Still i have to say you're a lucky guy. Your folks sound like remarkable people. Spend as much time with him as you can.

I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

Like the other folks here, we're praying for you and your family.

The doctors told my grandmother that she had about a year to live. That was four years ago, and she's still here. I don't mean to inspire a false sense of security, but only to point out that the doctors can get it wrong, too. The Lord didn't ask them for their timeline.

Guest JHatmaker

Got you on my list, very sorry to hear this. I know everyone says this, but I mean it, please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Guest billwilly73

Thank You All for your prayers and kind words. I want you all to know how much I appreciate it.

And they say gun nuts are savages that just wanna shoot people.

The hardest thing is seeing dad cry for the like the 3rd time in my life.

You and yours will be in my prayers. Lost my dad to cancer, and know how much it sucks to get news like that. Hang in there.

Like the other folks here, we're praying for you and your family.

The doctors told my grandmother that she had about a year to live. That was four years ago, and she's still here. I don't mean to inspire a false sense of security, but only to point out that the doctors can get it wrong, too. The Lord didn't ask them for their timeline.

True that.

Got you on my list, very sorry to hear this. I know everyone says this, but I mean it, please let us know if there is anything we can do.

+1

We're praying for you and your family, and don't hesitate to ask any of us if you need anything.

Guest gunnutt

I lost my mom to cancer 8 years ago,you will be on an emotional roller coaster for a while,BUT! time has a way of healing and making things easier,just honor him and remember all the good times that yall had together.My prayers will be sent also,if you need to vent pm me and we will talk,john