Lubricants

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use CLP and really like it. I tried using some of the Jig-A-Loo dry spray lube and seemed to work really well until my last range visit. It had been a month or so since I had last used the spray and at the range I noticed what seemed to be tiny white particles everywhere. When i would shoot I would get a blast of smoke/gas, as usually, and then a dusting of this white stuff. It appears as if it particulated and just made a mess. I would stick with CLP, Militec-1, or Rem Oil.

Edited by Smith
freudian slip
Guest joeharris

One should be really careful using any type of automotive lubricant's, some use Motor-Oil and some types will ruin a good blue job!

At least so i Hear!:D

Guest Todd@CIS

Most everything out there will work fine.

If I had to name the best? Slip2000 and WeaponShield (both are CLPs).

I do use aerosol RemOil sometimes for those harder to reach areas that require a fine mist (think AR locking lugs). Not required, but it makes it easier.

Guest joeharris
Are you both talking about CLP?

If not, link to LCP?

- Oh "loves the smell of CLP" Shoot

I was!:poop: dont know what the other Dude is talking about? Never heard of LCP!:)

No, i have not been Drinking!:D

I have used MilTec for six years. We also use Break free. I was talking to the

Drill Sergeants and another new player here is the CLP from Otis Cleaning Systems.

It is pretty sandy here on the ranges at Ft. Jackson and they stated it is their new favorite.

http://www.otisgun.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/product.html&setup=1&ida=196&idp=0&his=0&cart_id=1525.6660

Edited by R1100R
I've used rem-oil with teflon for a long while and I was considereing an alternative. I've got a couple of buddies in the NG and they like Militec-1.

Any body use this one? Also what other lubes should I consider?

Raoul:

Got a pretty good buddy in the custom gunsmith business. I asked the same question one time when i visited. His answer: "Buy anything that is on sale at Brownells or any other good gun supply outlet." Bottom line; they are all good. I like the moisture displacing lubes like CLP and SHEATH. I buy CLP Breakfree in the big bottle when it goes on sale at Midway. Also use Balistoil (Its a vegetable based water soluble oil) on black powder pistols; then finish off with CLP Breakfree. Also got some Tetralube grease laying around.

PS -- I'm satisfied that anything that a gunmaker or the military likes is good.

Hope this helps,

LEROY

Guest dizzielizzie

Anyone know where in central tn, south of nashville, where to get some of the above mentioned products?

I like the looks of the kits Otis has. How do those flexible cleaning rods work?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been doing a lot of research on gun lubricants specifically for alloy frames and steel slides like my SIG's and a lot of top rated armorers recommend a very light grease like Slide Glide, I ordered some today so I'll post a range report in the future on how well it works.... COOP

I picked up some Lucas gun oil today. I think it will work well. I put shooter lube grease on the slide and rails and used the oil on the other moving parts.

I used to use CPL on all my stuff.

But I recently loaned my brother my Sigma.

(He sold his to pay medical bills for his new baby boy)

He is not allowed to carry in his work, and left it in his truck at work.

When I got it back the CPL was all gummy like?

Looked like coffee stains on the barrel lug and hood.

Weird....?