What pistol do you regret getting rid of?

Guest logicprevails

Guest logicprevails

Out of all the pistols you have owned in your lives, which one do you kick yourselves over and over again for letting go?

Me? 20 some-odd years ago (when a young, dumb guy) I bought this pistol at a pawn shop on the cheap. It was an old logo Colt 1911 of some sort in .38 with really cool adjustable sights. Went out and bought some .38 supers and went a-shootin'. Slide locked open on every shot...had to bang on the rear of the slide with my palm to close the slide. Sold it to an old timer for what I had in it. Found out later what the .38 AMU stamping on the Drake slide meant and have hated myself ever since.

Edited by logicprevails
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead

I don't really regret selling any of the pistols I've sold because I felt like I had a good reason at the time. But if I had to pick one...

SW2.jpg

S&W Model 63 "Kit" gun.

Sold it because it was my only revolver, didn't think I liked revolvers and especially not stainless ones. I've found I don't particularly like stainless guns, period. But I do like revolvers now, have 3 of them so far and wouldn't mind having another .22LR handgun of some sort. I recently got a .22 bolt rifle instead.

Guest Straight Shooter

Series 70 Colt 1911...bought it in 1980 with my very first income tax refund for $350 from Ray Judge gunshop in Winchester Tn. Got the NIB pistol,50rnds of Federal 230gr. ball ammo,and a funky little holster. Kept that gun for 15 years and put tens of thousands of rounds through it. To this day,was the most accurate 1911 Ive ever shot. Traded it at the Von Braun Civic Center gunshow years later for a new S&W nickel M29. The dealer said "it had the most lovely patina he'd ever seen". Wish I had it back.

S&W Model 66 2.5" bbl. Had something messed up with the timing and if I knew then what I do now, I would have sent it back to S&W.

The only other handguns I can think of are a few HKs. Just because I sold them too cheap.

Glocks and Sigs, I can always just buy more. They never change.

I only have a very few guns that I will never get rid of. Everything else will get a ride when I get the wants.

Guest logicprevails
Series 70 Colt 1911...bought it in 1980 with my very first income tax refund for $350 from Ray Judge gunshop in Winchester Tn. Got the NIB pistol,50rnds of Federal 230gr. ball ammo,and a funky little holster. Kept that gun for 15 years and put tens of thousands of rounds through it. To this day,was the most accurate 1911 Ive ever shot. Traded it at the Von Braun Civic Center gunshow years later for a new S&W nickel M29. The dealer said "it had the most lovely patina he'd ever seen". Wish I had it back.

Wow! Ray Judge. My daddy drove me all the way from Springfield to Winchester to get my first .22 rifle (still got that one) when I was 7 or so. Haven't heard that name in a while. He sure could cuss with the best of 'em.

Purchased a Beretta 950 25 acp in Italy when in the Navy. You couldn't possibly do that today. Didn't sell it, it was stolen from my father. I had a hard time locating a replacement that was NIB. Finally replaced it, although I do not carry or shoot it. I just feel better knowing I have it back!

Guest JustMyLuck

Colt Trooper MKIII

S&W model 19

Those 2 are my biggest regrets.

The Model 19 (6" nickel) most accurate handgun I ever owned

And the Colt ......... because it was a Colt. (in mint)

Thanks for bringing back those painful memories :dunno::censored::)

Guest FroggyOne2

The Ruger Redhawk that I had customized by Mag-Na-Port.. man that thing was a beauty.. with custom Houge grips to boot.. thanks to my ex.. it is gone.. along with my beautiful Weatherby Mark V .

I would have to go with a Colt Combat Commander. It was my very first pistol and sidearm of which I only paid $325 for back in 1990 from my Captain. I eventually fell into Glock envy and the rest was over. I sold it for what I had in it not knowing what I really had. I looked it up on Gunbroker recently to see them selling for $1000 and up! You live and learn through growing older...........we do crazy stuff when we are young.

Guest 70below

I blame my dad for letting go all the ones I wish I still had :P Its all ok though, there is always another cool one out there. I sold a G22 that I had though thick and thin, I sometimes regret that a bit, but I got a pretty good price for it in today's market.