NBR 2 (Naughty Black Rifle)

Oh Shoot

So, I caught the Ruger 10/22 bug in the last 6 months or so.

I'm sure that come The Meltdown, the critters will all band together to hasten our demise, so without getting totally carried away I put together this RLMED (Rodent, Leporid, and Marsupial Eradication Device):

1022-tac-1.jpg

1022-tac-2.jpg

Took a stock carbine, sold the birch stock of it, added:

- Butler Creek folding stock

(easier to sling carry, muzzle down, when quickly evading groundhog flanking movements)

- Volquartsen hammer and extractor, bolt buffer

(need to be smooth against the critter hordes)

- John Masen muzzle brake/flash hider

(can't let them squirrel and rabbit scouts pinpoint your position)

- Bushnell 3-9 x 32 scope

(need to pick them off at a distance, all is lost if it comes down to mano a mano

- "Winchester" bipod

(precision head shots are a must, especially if the critters have been bitten by zombies)

- See through scope rings

(when running around in the hedgerows can't afford for broken glass to put you out of commission against possums and whistlepigs)

- Butler Creek 25 round banana mags

(hey, more is always better!)

- OS

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluemax

You ain't right !!!!! We need to hook up and try and eradicate the zombie whistle pig problem we are having in Sevier county. We can set them up in a triangular cross fire, invite Bubbiesdad to join us, an unleash hell on the local rodent, marsupial population

...That scope setup looks familiar. :dropjaw:

Appreciate the advice on that, bro. Works well.

Perfect for the Militant Islamic Squirrel problem.

Yeah, and ya know, that doesn't get hardly ANY liberal media coverage.

What do you have in it total? Or what do you think it would cost to build one?

Well, lemme see:

Not counting basic carbine itself ($199.99)

To get the "look":

Stock: 85.00 (Cheaper Than Dirt)

See through rings (Gander Mountain): 16.00

Scope: 38.00 (Amazon)

Muzzle Break: 20.00 (CTD)

BC Steel Lips Mag: 28.00 (Midway, I think, everybody sells them)

Bipod: 38.00 (WallyWorld)

To improve action:

Volquartsen Target Hammer: 37.00 (Midway)

Volquartsen Extractor: 8.00 (Midway)

Bolt Buffer (Yellow Jacket): $4 (eBay)

- 30.00 selling the factory stock on TGO

-----------

$244.00 (plus various shipping, but always bought things with other stuff)

or less than $200 without the internal improvements

It makes it Evil. Might need one for mine.

(regarding flash suppressor): Gotta watch it on this stupid thang. I read comments on CTD about it, folks saying that Allen wrench that comes with it is slightly too small. I put it on and even though I read the comments, sure enough, wrung it out before getting it tight. Called company that made it, "big surprise to them", they sent me two more set screws and two more Allen wrenches for free, felt like good fit, but sure enough, just as I got it on (hopefully tight enough) wrench slips freely. I tried every Allen wrench on it I have, but maybe there IS a perfect size and I don't have it, dunno. Anyway, recommend finding exact fit wrench or finding another set screw before even installing, as I believe the screws themselves may be out of spec, not sure.

- OS

sounds like you got it tight, but I will bring them just the same. I just dug them out of the tool chest and stuck them in the truck. I think one set is metric, maybe that will be the ticket.

I look forward to shooting it, Never shot anything with a customized trigger before.

sounds like you got it tight, but I will bring them just the same. I just dug them out of the tool chest and stuck them in the truck. I think one set is metric, maybe that will be the ticket.

I look forward to shooting it, Never shot anything with a customized trigger before.

Oddly, the target hammer didn't make this one as nice as it did on my other 10/22, but it's still a lot better than the factory 10/22 clunker.

- OS