New Remington 1911 with Tennessee ties Coming and ready in time for Shot show!

GLOCKMEISTER

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope, it will be 1st come 1st served. I hate taking peoples money and not being able to give them an exact date the gun will be in, and since we will stock some of them if it was me i'd wanna look at it 1st.

Btw, if you wanna really know what kind of quality to expect, They wont be auto ordinance/rock island quality, they will be much much better. Remington is targeting Kimber more then anyone, so it will be a sweet gun. You will have to understand it will take some time to get all the models out.

A 1911? That's original. That makes how many companies making a 1911? I have a 1911 with a horsey on it. But seriously. What does Remington have to make their 1911 better? I would rather see Colt start making revolvers again, but I can't imagine what they would ask for one. Being they want 1200 bucks for their cowboy gun. I bet a new Python would go for $2000.:screwy:

It depends. There are alot of people that would love nothing more then for Colt to come out with their DA revolvers agian. However, I've heared the reason they stopped was because their machines were worn out and couldnt make anymore without buying new machines which they didnt have money for. True or not? I dunno, but I'd say it'd be a good investment for them.

If this thing competes with some of the higher Springfields (above the Mil-Spec, below guns such as the TRP, on-sight with the Loaded, for example), then I'd really be excited to see what they can produce.

Is it going to be "new", as far as ideas are concerned? Nope. Is it going to be exciting? Yes - I'm always excited when a decent manufacturer brings a gun to market, especially a 1911. For those of you complaining about it being "unoriginal" or "played" - I understand (sort of), but don't agree. What would happen if no one else made a 1911 except for Remington Rand, or Colt, or a company that has been doing it for a long, long time? Answer: We may not have quality guns such as Wilson, Nighthawk, newer Springfields, Para Ordnance, and the like... and be stuck with something that may not have the features that some of those manufacturers happen to offer.

If nothing new was brought to market - we wouldn't have an exciting choice in firearms, would we? One could complain about the same thing with Assault-style rifles, polymer guns, etc... But why?

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like a good idea considering the 100yr anniversary in upon us. I imagine a lot of new 1911 stuff will be offered this year in anticipation for the centennial.

I'm not one to buy a safe queen but I imagine I will buy a 1911 or two this year depending on what is offered.:D

Edited by timcalhoun
spelling
So......did they not show it at shot? I can't find anything on it. I know it was in the works....did it get delayed?

yep it got delayed, they couldnt get the production running quick enough so instead of basically lieing to dealers they decided to wait a bit longer, im told it wont be long.

I do promise its coming just not as soon as they thought... sorry... :)