Kimber Custom II or SA Loaded?

Guest PatriotCSA

Guest PatriotCSA
Don't fall in love with a gun on the wrong side of the state line...

That's another issue. The Kimber Custom II that I was eyeballing is down at a store in MS. Does that mean anything for a Tennessean? Any extra hoops or legal problems with it?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

My cousin has one of those, and my concern is that his barrel at the breach was oxidized in less than two weeks. That makes me wonder what the barrel steel is made of.

That's another issue. The Kimber Custom II that I was eyeballing is down at a store in MS. Does that mean anything for a Tennessean? Any extra hoops or legal problems with it?

They should be able to transfer it to the Summer store or any other store in Tn as long as you pay your fees. Right???

Never owned a Kimber. Seems like a love or hate relationship with them from what I hear and read of them. Having no personal experience with them I won't degrade them. I have had several SA guns, among them a Lightweight Champion Operator in a Commander style 4" barrel. I can say that I find it to be the equal, if not the better of 4 1911s I have currently. And one was a considerably higher priced gun with a matching reputation--a Performance Center SW 945 Micro Pistol. The springfield is more accurate, feeds anything I put in it, and was priced at about what you are finding. As you can guess, my vote would be for the Springfield.

I have several kimbers. One custom, one custom II SS , and a eclipse all are great guns. I also have two custom STI's and a couple of other 1911's the only one I didn't keep was a Springfield . I had one and didn't think it was as smooth running as the others.

They should be able to transfer it to the Summer store or any other store in Tn as long as you pay your fees. Right???

Sounds right. They might cut you a break on the transfer fee to the G&A on Summer. I think ordinarily G&A is pretty high on transfers, like $100? Could be wrong here. Would be curious to hear how it goes, if...

I have a springfield standard stainless and a kimber custom II . The main difference is the springer is not as smooth and will not feed hollowpoints and the kimber is very smooth and will feed anything and has a better trigger. Both are great guns the loaded is probley just as good as the kimber. I would save a little more and get the springfield TRP operator. They are supose to be made in the usa and hand fitted parts for a semi custom gun instead of a parts bin gun.

I just purchased the Springfield Loaded Parkerized a couple of weeks ago. I used to have a Colt Combat Commander...comparing between those two, the Springfield is about 100x better. I have held, but never shot a Kimber...I was actually looking at Kimbers also, but got the Springfield. If I had it to do over again, I would still purchase the Springfield. It feels great in my hand, shoots very well, and I'm looking forward to shooting it more. It has all of the upgrades you would ever want on a 1911 and I got mine for exactly $800 out the door, including tax and background check. Good luck, B