Since the cat is out of the bag and the rabbit died...

rentalguy1

I guess I can post up that my wife is pregnant. This will be our second, and there will only be 13 years between our son and this one (4 months shy of a 14 year difference). We found out last Saturday, and confirmed it by taking four different pregnancy tests from two different manufacturers. This wasn't a planned pregnancy, so we had to take a few days to get our heads around it before we told anyone. Since we told our folks about it today, I guess it's ok to let the world know. Funny, I am 37 and the wife is 40, and we have been married for almost 18 years, and you would think that we were a unwed pair of teenagers when it came to telling our parents. They were more excited than we were! I guess that's because we're still in shock! Looks to be a interesting summer. Ya'll send up a prayer for a healthy baby if you get a chance. The wife is worried about complications due to her age. No amount of reassurance will make her feel better until a healthy baby gets here some time in October, either.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you going to name the baby surprise? lol jk my neighbor(catholic) seems to have a baby every other year for as long as i have known them. i think she is 47-50ish at the last kid and has never had any trouble FWIT. my prayers are with you and the new baby.

We found out 3 days before Thanksgiving in 08 that we were expecting #3...

A full 7 years later than the latest of the other two (who are a mere 20 mo. apart).

Trust me - I know what those first few days were like, but now that he's here - it's like it was "right" all along ;)

congrats, 16 yrs. between my son and daughter, exactly 16yrs, both born on Aug. 19

Wow! That's amazing! How difficult/easy was it to have them that far apart? I guessing that it will make it easier, because our son is pretty much self-sufficient, but a guess is all it is. There is nine years between my brother and me. I was a "oops" baby, too. Mom and dad said they were both a whole lot more relaxed with me, and I feel like the wife and I will be the same way.

This is still setting in with me...

Guest Angel 24/7

Congrats!

There is 8 yrs between mine. I can Say at 20 yrs old I was a freak to do everything the right way and be the best Mom. At 28 with our daughter I was much more layed back and didn"t have that feeling I had to be perfect. I still am a freak on somethings but, MUCH more layed back.

I think it is the confidence! "Hey we have done this before,We got this."

Well, at least you know the equipment still works! Best wishes for a healthy baby.

BTW, we've never met in person but we've been acquainted in a virtual sense for a couple of years. I'm JBFordowner on BroncoII.org (haven't been on there much lately, though.)

Is that new Jeep gonna have enough room for everybody or are you going to end up trading - again?

Congrats. My parents (father was a pastor) had a couple want to come talk to them one night about major unknown medical issue the wife was having. Everyone thought it was cancer - even the doctors. Well after running weeks of test they find out she was pregnant. Now here's the kicker, she had her tubes tied and he had a vasectomy. They already had two kids. One was 21 and the "youngest" was 18. The wife was 46 and the husband was 52!

We were surprised by our fourth due in May, but she will only be 3 years younger than our youngest boy. We thought we were done and it was quite a surprise. It's always exciting and hard but as frustrating as they can be, there is little on this earth that gives me as much joy just watching and talking to my kids.