Think I found my dream girl.

Erik88

I went on a first date with a girl today and I couldn't believe what she suggested we do. She wanted to go shooting:love:. I met her down at Coal Creek today and she said she wanted to rent a gun. She told me her favorite was the Desert Eagle. I thought she was kidding until she walked into the range area practically dragging that thing behind her. Must say though, she shot it like a champ.

We also shot a Sig p229 I think it was. She was a hell of a shot. Next date is this weekend TO THE GUN SHOW!!! her idea:D. She wants me to help her pick out a gun for her.

Did I mention she also wants her carry permit?

So, on that note. I need some suggestions on what kind of gun she should get. Obviously caliber isn't a factor, but I need some suggestions here. She liked the Kahr pm9 but I don't think she wants to spend that much. Thanks guys.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEARMAN

Sounds like you found you a good un, Erik! Better try and hang on to that little gal.

You could probably get her a Glock cheaper than a Karh. IMO

Heck, who knows, she may even want to become a TGO member! :poop:

And we need more ladies on the forum...FWIW.

Pics...or it didn't happen.:poop:

Never date a girl who may be 'more of a man' than you are.

And strickj...got a link to those cheap PM9's?:poop:

I would post pics but I'm not sure she would appreciate that:cool:... oh and I have never seen a Kahr PM9 below 600! Plus I was thinking it might be better for her to have a side safety. JMO though.

Guest mikedwood

As always I would vote for the G26, not so pretty but they shoot like a real gun for the size.

Kahr's bust toilets in resturants. It's a known fact.

Whatever ya'll get have fun :poop:

Guest Bronker
As always I would vote for the G26, not so pretty but they shoot like a real gun for the size.

Kahr's bust toilets in resturants. It's a known fact.

Whatever ya'll get have fun :poop:

Punch line?

Sounds like she needs a Commander size 1911 in satinless steel. big caliber and can come pretty, plus a thumb safety. They can be tough for smaller people to conceal ( I dont know if she is small Im just sayin) but I say if you can carry a .45 why carry a 9mm but thats just me, others would disagree. But price may be a problem, be patient and she'll find the right one.

Took me 34 years and 6 months to get my lady to attend a gun show. Not sure what caused the change of heart, but she got her carry class behind her a couple of weeks ago (her idea), and now ... ... well, we're shoppin' for HER a gun.

Best suggestion I can make is to let her make up her own mind. So far, I've made about 5 weeks worth of suggestions. So far, the little woman hasn't liked a single suggestion I've made. (Figures. Everybody knows I have no taste.)

But we've hit the gun shops in the surrounding area, let her handle a bunch of different handguns (all pistols; she doesn't want a revolver, for some reason, which is the first thing I suggested ... ... hey, maybe that's why ... ... ???)

She's shot everything I've got and everything our son has (except for the 45 ACP's, which she absolutely refuses to even consider). Her experience so far has encompassed .22's to 9 mm's. This weekend, God willing and the creeks don't rise, we'll probably hit a couple of ranges with rentals.

Erik, here's the best suggestion I can make: Don't pick a gun for her. Don't suggest (unless she asks about a specific caliber, manufacturer, etc.). Let her try everything you and your friends have, and then, if she hasn't found the "right" one, try one of the shops with rentals and a range. HER decision.

Just my 2 cents. I'm certainly no firearms expert. Not any smarter than anyone else on this, but I'm old, been married since horse and buggy days, and the one thing I've (finally) learned is, you can't make up a woman's mind for her.

That being said, I'm really proud that she is finally taking self-protection seriously.

Good luck. Sounds like you found a "keeper" that you didn't have to train (for 34+ years ... snort).

Oh yeah. Since mine didn't want my advice, (but you asked), I wouldn't discount any of them. Let her try the high end, the middle priced, and ... well, I'd probably try to discourage the Hi-Points. But I'm lettin' mine check out the Taurus and Ruger models as well. Did I say "lettin'?" ... I meant to say that I told her I'd pay for pretty much anything that she liked as long as I thought it was reliable.

Guest BEARMAN
And I didn't mention that the only reason she liked the Kahr was because of the stainless steel. She didn't even hold it. Women sure are funny.

Erik, my boy, you'll soon learn that women tend to lean towards the "shiny things" in life...like stainless steel, diamonds, gold....well you get the picture! :poop::D

Just be sure you "shower her" with all of the above...and you'll do good, grasshopper! :poop:

Erik, my boy, you'll soon learn that women tend to lean towards the "shiny things" in life...like stainless steel, diamonds, gold....well you get the picture! :drama::D

Yeah, and some of 'em are sort'a like raccoons and crows that way... they can't leave anything shiny alone. :lol:

J.

Guest mikedwood
Guy claims he dropped his carry gun in bathroom( Kahr PM9), disharged and shattered toilet cutting him with the toilet shrapnel. Debate is over...dropping the gun or playing with the gun

Pull the trigger more than once and you are playing with it. :drama:

BaDaBing How's that for a punchline?

Guest tnvolfan

Whatever you do, DONT SUGGEST A PINK GUN unless she asks for it! As a woman, I really hate those things, but some women love them. Another thing: she NEEDS to try to rack a Kahr -- new ones are so tight, they can be really hard for a woman to rack, especially if they have small hands. I know that CCA had some two-tone Springfield Armory XDs for sale. They are shiny. Have her look at the XD line of handguns. Easy to shoot, easy to clean (very important), and has numerous NRA handgun awards. She sounds like she would be someone who would be fun to be with. Good luck!!

Guest Caveman
Whatever you do, DONT SUGGEST A PINK GUN unless she asks for it! As a woman, I really hate those things, but some women love them. Another thing: she NEEDS to try to rack a Kahr -- new ones are so tight, they can be really hard for a woman to rack, especially if they have small hands. I know that CCA had some two-tone Springfield Armory XDs for sale. They are shiny. Have her look at the XD line of handguns. Easy to shoot, easy to clean (very important), and has numerous NRA handgun awards. She sounds like she would be someone who would be fun to be with. Good luck!!

What if it was a pink gun with rhinestone encrusted grips??? Don't lie, you know you would love it. :(

Like anything else, there is a good side and a bad side to women who shoot.

Good:

Something you can do together.

Fewer political arguments.

Will be in favor of your reloading hobby.

Will understand your frustration with Hollywood gun stupidity.

Budgeting for a new safe, ammo, gun, holsters, etc is understood to be necessary.

Bad:

$100/month for HER ammo.

The words "I like this CZ75 (SIG 239, XD9, etc)" mean it's now HERS.

She shoots, you clean.

She took 1st place in a match, you took 5th.

Women usually have as many holsters as they do shoes. And have you priced holster purses?!!! She won't have just one!

Still, I wouldn't trade my wife for anything. Even a fully-legal MG42 with all accessories and 50,000 rounds!!! (maybe 100,000)

Edited by 1gewehr
Guest MinorKey

I am with ya... i married a marine. Pistol and Rifle expert medals... the works.

Good thing about that... she says what she means, means what she says, and ALWAYS has my back!