Really Glock 19 or Glock 23 please vote

Guest joey615

First handgun purchase for Joey615?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. First handgun purchase for Joey615?

• Glock 19
    • Glock 23

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 was my vote. Then get a 26 for even easier carriage :bat:

Both will do fine for ya....the 23 has a few options by purchasing a few extra barells and mags of different calibers

Personally you might as well stick to a weapon in one caliber and practice with it, be it the 9mm or .40S&W.......you just need to choose the caliber you're comfortable with.

Personally you might as well stick to a weapon in one caliber and practice with it, be it the 9mm or .40S&W.......you just need to choose the caliber you're comfortable with.

Good point, the whole conversion barrel thing just seems funny to me since guys take one of the most trouble free designs around and compromise it slightly to practice in a different caliber than they're even going to be carrying... Makes little sense to me, 9mm SD ammo isn't what it once was.

Thanks OP for this post. I have been pondering basically the same question, but am heading in a slightly different direction - toward the G27.

The reason is it can be easily and economically reconfigured to fulfill many purposes and have some ammunition flexibility.

Configurations

1. G27 original. very nice.

2. G26 mode (conversion barrel) +$100

3. G23 mode (mag spacer/wrapper) +$15 spacer +$mags

4. G19 mode (mag spacer/wrapper + conversion barrel) +$0 (got for 2,3)

Purposes

Carry - 1,2

Fun/plinking - 3,4

Home defense - 3,4

Being Cheap!!! - all

I see the 19 is winning out. Why did you limit your choices? What's wrong with a 17?

I'll try a 19 one of these days, but I cut my teeth on a 17 20 years ago and still have it.

Guest bigbovine

19. I wish i never got rid of mine. Never sold a gun before, and after that experience may never again. That said, before purchasing I heard all the "Glock is bad" stuff and was kind of discouraged in the purchase for some time. I chose the 19 because it just felt right. That should be the decision maker. Does it feel right in your hand. If they both feel the same to you, then its just a caliber thing, and people can go all day on that one.

G19! I have the g19, g36, g26, M&P9, M&P45. I choose the g19 over any of them any day. I purchased the g19 one day, took it home, cleaned it then shot a defensive trainging class the following day. Best shooter that I have every used. I like my other guns, but when it is time to leave the house I take the g19, knife, surefire light, spare mag and I am good to go.

Guest greeninthegrove

I had a G19 and traded the thing... I now have the G23 and it's my primary winter carry with the 27 being the summer carry...(OWB G23 vs IWB G27)... If had kept the G19 then I probably would have a G26... Anyone you choose will be fine..

Both will do fine for ya....the 23 has a few options by purchasing a few extra barells and mags of different calibers

I struggled with this question before I finally decided on the 19. Less recoil and cheaper ammo is a couple of advantages. Either one is great.

also, with the g23 you can get the 357 sig barrel and use the 40 mags. now with the 9mm conversion barrel you got three guns in one. so i would go with the g23 because you can turn the g23 into three different guns,,, 40 s&w, 9mm, and 357 sig.

+1. The reason I voted 23. I've had 2 19's and if i were to go the Glock route again I'd go with the 23 for caliber choice in the best platform.