Working for a company banning weapons on property.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to know how you know that...:bow: but he does need a bigger weapon...:D

Well I have my AWESOME Davis chrome .380. But....I also have my glock in the car...only pocket size pistol other than my lcp I have but getting it worked on ATM. So it's the p22 or nothing until I get my lcp back. Didn't want to strip the wife of hers because some dude told me he would get us.

A few years back (at my last job) we had a policy of no guns at work. One day we fired a pretty crazy guy. My boss came in and asked me to bring my pistol in and keep it at my desk. He brought his in as well.

We also had magnetic locks put on all if the exterior doors which came in handy a couple of days later.

After that I never heard about the policy again. It helped that we were a smaller office away from the home office.

I was gonna ask why you didn't bring along that awesome Davis .380 chrome, but I'm guessing that it's much too powerful to have in the workplace.

I'm glad we don't have a policy like that here where I work. I don't even have my HCP yet, but on a regular basis there are handguns and rifles laying on my desk or sitting in the corner. We don't get alot of walk in business, but it's fun to see some of the reactions some of our customers have when they see firearms laying around everywhere.

We encourage CCW at work for managers. Too many crazy folks out there. However, if any of them carried a .22, we might beat them with a large stick. Be careful, you'll put your eye out with that thing. I guess a P22 is more concealable than a Red Ryder, but has about the same stopping power.

.22's kill a lot of people every year. Just remember, anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice....three times....four, five.......:D

I carry at work too, no police against it, they know I can carry, but never discussed if I do or not.

We encourage CCW at work for managers. Too many crazy folks out there. However, if any of them carried a .22, we might beat them with a large stick. Be careful, you'll put your eye out with that thing. I guess a P22 is more concealable than a Red Ryder, but has about the same stopping power.

I have a tactical advantage from my office My situational awareness is superb.

Guest B_Carter

I have wondered about this....In my company's orientation booklet it says no firearms on premises but none of the locations are posted....so...some knucklehead can come in a shoot me but I cant have something to defend myself with?

My employers also have a policy against. In fact, the policy forbids even having them in our vehicles. The policy doesn't really matter, though, because I work at a satellite campus of a private college. That means that the state of Tennessee has decided that I and my co-workers do not have the same rights to self defense as other citizens of this state simply because of where we are employed. Since I don't want to risk even having a firearm locked in my vehicle on campus, not wanting to break state law means I get to make the trip from home to work and back unarmed, as well - despite having submitted to the background checks and paid the fees required to get that permit that says I can legally excercise my 'rights'.

I have wondered about this....In my company's orientation booklet it says no firearms on premises but none of the locations are posted....so...some knucklehead can come in a shoot me but I cant have something to defend myself with?

That just means you may get fired if you have a gun, but you're not breaking the law....

My employers also have a policy against. In fact, the policy forbids even having them in our vehicles. The policy doesn't really matter, though, because I work at a satellite campus of a private college. That means that the state of Tennessee has decided that I and my co-workers do not have the same rights to self defense as other citizens of this state simply because of where we are employed. Since I don't want to risk even having a firearm locked in my vehicle on campus, not wanting to break state law means I get to make the trip from home to work and back unarmed, as well - despite having submitted to the background checks and paid the fees required to get that permit that says I can legally excercise my 'rights'.

I would carry anyway, get a good small lcp or something and a nice conceal holster. I started this thread as kinda a joke about my company and a .22 but seriously it's not worth losing your life over a kid who gets a bad grade or is poked fun at and then snaps. If something ever did happen you would be a hero and your book deal would supercede your loss in wages hahahahaha

Guest B_Carter
That just means you may get fired if you have a gun, but you're not breaking the law....

Oh I understand what it means....I just dont agree with it. But hey...there are alot of things I dont agree with.