• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I belong to the NRA, but do not trust them as far as I could throw'em...

I'd be willing to bet an investigation would reveal that they are pocketing a large % of our $$$...

Guest Catdaddy

OK, I'll answer that question although it won't make a bit of difference to anyone.

My Dad is a lifer. I WAS a member, but after two years of trying to get them to sort out our addresses, I quit trying. I HAVE been considering re-upping, but it's not a priority for me.

Guest mikedwood

I was a member and let it lapse because I was sick of the junk mail. Then I heard you can call them and tell them to cut out the junk mail. They did. It's now down 90% or more. I am a member again and much happier.

If you click on the NRA banner here it's $25 a year to join a $10 discount plus I'm sure (I hope anyway) that TGO gets some benefit if anyone joins off the TGO link.

Link from David's banner

Guest Randy

Some of us are doing good to afford the gun and ammo to shoot let alone have extra money for memberships. I would if $ was in better condition.

I heard you can call them and tell them to cut out the junk mail. They did. It's now down 90% or more.

I'm so glad I read that. I was about to let my membership expire and just send them an anonymous money order for the amount my membership would have been. :shrug:

I can't believe there is so much hate for the NRA here. Where would we be now if not for them. Do you think the anti's would have let the AWB expire if not for the NRA and its huge membership? Every time the anti's start trouble, the NRA is there taking care of us. Do they make a lot of money doing it? Probably. But they get results. Take the NRA out of the gun lobby equation and see where you will be in 3 years!

Because they are just another bag of lobbiest a-holes

Have you ever really studied the purpose of lobbyists, or do you just assume that everyone in the house, senate, and white house is an expert on all issues? Lobbyists wouldn't be needed if you got in your car, drove to Washington, and spoke to your representatives as a subject matter expert. However, how believable would you be, how well versed are you on legislation that has passed and is currently moving through all branches of government, and how many of your congressman's constituents do you represent? Although the term lobbyist has become a curse word, they are essential due to the complexity of legislation. It's the only way to have a subject matter expert in our corner, respected well enough to be heard by our representatives, and backed by a large number of constituents. I am not a lobbyist, but have known several fine individuals who are or were, much better versed than I on the issues they represent.

Edited by SpartaTN
Have you ever really studied the purpose of lobbyists, or do you just assume that everyone in the house, senate, and white house is an expert on all issues? Lobbyists wouldn't be needed if you got in your car, drove to Washington, and spoke to your representatives as a subject matter expert. However, how believable would you be, how well versed are you on legislation that has passed and is currently moving through all branches of government, and how many of your congressman's constituents do you represent? Although the term lobbyist has become a curse word, they are essential due to the complexity of legislation. It's the only way to have a subject matter expert in our corner, respected well enough to be heard by our representatives, and backed by a large number of constituents. I am not a lobbyist, but have known several fine individuals who are or were, much better versed than I on the issues they represent.

Ditto. My father did this for many years in DC making trying to make a difference with the Chemical biz and EPA so they would not impose stupid environmetal restrictions. Over the years, they still did impose stupid mandates but I wish he helped in some way.

I recall him telling me many times, DC is full of attorneys that don't know **** about what they are talking about!

So far....3 on a stringer. Any more bites?

Maybe some more worms are needed

-What have they done to inform us on TN legislature in the past 2 years? NRA-ILA has a bullet every now and then.

-Did they support Heller before or after it went in the media spotlight?

Edited by I_Like_Pie