TGO USPSA / IDPA Squads?

I'll clarify here:

If we can get enough people I think we could use the range at Brush Creek on an off Sun and shoot a TNGO IDPA-type match. It wouldn't be that expensive. The stages should be fun and challenging. The rules would be loose enough to accomodate people just trying it out.

I would be interested in coordinating such a thing if there's interest.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I was just informed tonight that On Target will not be doing the USPSA shoot this month (January) and may be taking a break from it for a while to come. Apparently turnout is good for them in the colder months because folks enjoy shooting indoors, but not good during the warmer months.

Yes... I realize that this is Winter and therefore turnout should be good. But it's more of a fact that they had decided not to do it in 2008.

If enough people were to honestly commit to attending some matches if On Target were to host them again --and actually show up (!!!)-- then they might take that into consideration and host them again.

I was just informed tonight that On Target will not be doing the USPSA shoot this month (January) and may be taking a break from it for a while to come. Apparently turnout is good for them in the colder months because folks enjoy shooting indoors, but not good during the warmer months.

Yes... I realize that this is Winter and therefore turnout should be good. But it's more of a fact that they had decided not to do it in 2008.

If enough people were to honestly commit to attending some matches if On Target were to host them again --and actually show up (!!!)-- then they might take that into consideration and host them again.

FWIW Guncraft in Knoxville used to have a USPSA match at their indoor range.They held it on Saturday night and turnout was great.They would have up to 30 shooters at times.Maybe if they had the match in the evening turnout would be better.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest supergus

I'd be interested in hooking up with an East TN group. Haven't shot in years and even then it was plinking (with a S&W model 686/ 8.5" barrel:woohoo:)

• 3 weeks later...

The Cleveland Rifle Club is still hosting an IDPA match on the 3rd Sat of the month at 9:00 am, shooting starts at 10:00. We are getting a new and improved web site, the temporary web address is, http://www.beccaweb.com/IDPA/ scores, directions to the club, stage info, etc. can be found there. In the near future there should be a link from the clubs home site www.chrpc.com The cost to shoot the match is $10 for members and non- members also. We generally have 5-6 stages, which will have movers, swingers, and other fun and challenging props on at least 1 or 2 stages. Several of our local shooters are already members here, the matches are open to the public and all TGO members and friends will be welcome to come out and shoot with us. If you have any questions the website does not cover, feel free to contact me at digitone@digitonegraphics.com

Robin

Guest clutepc

I have to admit I know nothing about IDPA but I'm interested in learning more..sounds like it would be fun to try..

A Compact 40 probably wouldn't be the weapon to use for this but again I know nothing...

Guest price g

I have the southeast conference 3-Gun Matches covered.[MD] CHRPC.com. $10 to shoot, open to the public, even the TGO tribe.I have these dudes on the second saturday of each month.If everyone will decide on a particular Saturday, I will make sure you get your monies worth.Questions pjag@comcast.net oh, if Girlsablazin can do it, anyone can.

I have to admit I know nothing about IDPA but I'm interested in learning more..sounds like it would be fun to try..

A Compact 40 probably wouldn't be the weapon to use for this but again I know nothing...

Baloney, that's the perfect weapon for IDPA. I started out with a compact Glock .40, and now mainly use a compact Glock 9mm.

I have the southeast conference 3-Gun Matches covered.[MD] CHRPC.com. $10 to shoot, open to the public, even the TGO tribe.I have these dudes on the second saturday of each month.If everyone will decide on a particular Saturday, I will make sure you get your monies worth.Questions pjag@comcast.net oh, if Girlsablazin can do it, anyone can.

One O these days Price, POW right in the kisser! :D

Guest clutepc
Baloney, that's the perfect weapon for IDPA. I started out with a compact Glock .40, and now mainly use a compact Glock 9mm.

Great!!! I really didn't think that would work!! :(

Guest Rustyhogleg

Sign me up for IDPA Middle TN. Sounds like fun. I shoot the Glock 33 subcompact 357 sig. Rules say 38 for revolver & 9mm for pistol is the smallest. Go to IDPA.com for details on size of gun, first time shooters can get away with most any gun larger then 38 / 9mm, most are out to have fun. Have a great time. What are the dates & times for the Dickson shoot?

I shot with my Glock 23 for several years and it is only marginally bigger.

Strong side holster, double mag pouch, and 3 magazines for your gun will put you into IDPA

Sign me up for IDPA Middle TN. Sounds like fun. I shoot the Glock 33 subcompact 357 sig. Rules say 38 for revolver & 9mm for pistol is the smallest. Go to IDPA.com for details on size of gun, first time shooters can get away with most any gun larger then 38 / 9mm, most are out to have fun. Have a great time. What are the dates & times for the Dickson shoot?

Is there any IDPA going on in Dickson? I thought it was just USPSA.

Guest canynracer
I have often thought about trying to get into shooting Some IDPA or USPSA

sometime next year. I would be a little intimidated to be on a team though.

Mostly because I suck. :P

+10000000 for me too!!:D