Grim Message to Iran __Israeli Nuke Boats watching Iran

All:___________

Interesting read from UK Timesonline:_____________

Link here: Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iran - Times Online

From The Sunday Times

May 30, 2010

Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iran

Uzi Mahnaimi in Tel Aviv

Three German-built Israeli submarines equipped with nuclear cruise missiles are to be deployed in the Gulf near the Iranian coastline.

The first has been sent in response to Israeli fears that ballistic missiles developed by Iran, Syria and Hezbollah, a political and military organisation in Lebanon, could hit sites in Israel, including air bases and missile launchers.

The submarines of Flotilla 7 — Dolphin, Tekuma and Leviathan — have visited the Gulf before. But the decision has now been taken to ensure a permanent presence of at least one of the vessels.

The flotilla’s commander, identified only as “Colonel Oâ€, told an Israeli newspaper: “We are an underwater assault force. We’re operating deep and far, very far, from our borders.â€

Each of the submarines has a crew of 35 to 50, commanded by a colonel capable of launching a nuclear cruise missile.

The vessels can remain at sea for about 50 days and stay submerged up to 1,150ft below the surface for at least a week. Some of the cruise missiles are equipped with the most advanced nuclear warheads in the Israeli arsenal.

The deployment is designed to act as a deterrent, gather intelligence and potentially to land Mossad agents. “We’re a solid base for collecting sensitive information, as we can stay for a long time in one place,†said a flotilla officer.

The submarines could be used if Iran continues its programme to produce a nuclear bomb. “The 1,500km range of the submarines’ cruise missiles can reach any target in Iran,†said a navy officer.

Apparently responding to the Israeli activity, an Iranian admiral said: “Anyone who wishes to do an evil act in the Persian Gulf will receive a forceful response from us.â€

Israel’s urgent need to deter the Iran-Syria-Hezbollah alliance was demonstrated last month. Ehud Barak, the defence minister, was said to have shown President Barack Obama classified satellite images of a convoy of ballistic missiles leaving Syria on the way to Hezbollah in Lebanon.

Binyamin Netanyahu, the prime minister, will emphasise the danger to Obama in Washington this week.

Tel Aviv, Israel’s business and defence centre, remains the most threatened city in the world, said one expert. “There are more missiles per square foot targeting Tel Aviv than any other city,†he said.

God bless our troops and the Israelis.

Leroy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially with Obunghole at the helm...

Anybody see what a "warm" welcome Rahm Emmanuel got in Jerusalem? Not surpirsing since John Brennon is now referring to Jerusalem as "Al-Quds" (the arabic name for Jerusalem used by those who would like to see Israel destryed).

Guest 6.8 AR

I don't think Iran cares about stopping this potential conflict. Their declaration of wanting to destroy Israel will stand until one or the other is destroyed. If we or Russia

don't stop this madness, it probably will happen, and it will be ugly.

Guest SUNTZU

I thought it has always been unconfirmed (yet accepted as fact) whether Israel had nukes or not. Now the reporters are interviewing boat commanders while they are on a mission? Really?

Guest 6.8 AR

I thought it was an interview, probably dockside. I must have missed that. It's been assumed they have nukes for a long time. Clancy put it in a book, also.

Guest SUNTZU
I thought it was an interview, probably dockside. I must have missed that. It's been assumed they have nukes for a long time. Clancy put it in a book, also.

I agree on the assumption, but I found it strange that Colonel O would be suddenly telling a reporter about Israels nuke boats all of a sudden.

Guest proudsuthrner

isnt there something saying that no nation can destroy israel or something like that?

i think i remember hearing that from chruch goers

Especially with Obunghole at the helm...

Yup.

isnt there something saying that no nation can destroy israel or something like that?

You shall see grasshopper. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

Guest BEARMAN
I agree on the assumption, but I found it strange that Colonel O would be suddenly telling a reporter about Israels nuke boats all of a sudden.

Mis-information, to purposely mislead the Iranians about where, when and what their Subs can or cannot do.

It's an age old tactic, and alot of times it does confuse the hell out of the enemy.

Kinda like a high stakes poker game...now, will Iran call...or fold?

God only knows. :cool:

Either Israel is bristling with nukes, or they have been eating tons of plutonium matzah balls, since the 1960's :usa:

Nuclear weapons and Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lester and all:________________

I am a great fan of the Israelis because they fully understand what they are up against and are (...for the most part...) more than willing to defend themselves. When discussing Israeli politics and national will; two events stand out to me. The first was passed on to me by a dear old friend and old sunday school teacher. He was eighteen years old when Israel declared its independence in 1948. He said that the great David Ben Gurion (...the first prime minister (...or president..) of Israel--can’t remember which...) said during the radio address announcing the State of Israel: "...now WE have the guns; we will never give them up!!...". This is a sobering warning that still rings out to all the Arab countries who thought they could push those pesky Jews into the Mediterranean. They are still there (...and I believe...) always will be.

The second great memory was after the 1972 murder of the Israeli Olympic athletes. The great Golda Meier, then Prime Minister of Israel, took the decision to kill every last one of the perpetrators of that massacre, no matter how long or what it took. That is exactly what the Israelis did.

A third notable action was the destruction of the Iraqi nuclear facility in the early eighties. It sent a grim message to all who would try the Hebrews.

Those in Iran who believe that the Israelis can be pushed around are deluded. My guess is (...like many other posters...) that the Iranians are being sent a grim warning --- they better listen.

By the way, there is no doubt that the Israelis possess nuclear weapons, and it has a Tennessee connection. There are those who have told the fable for years that the plutonium and enriched uranium for these weapons was smuggled out of the old Nuclear Fuel Services plant in Erwin, TN with the tacit approval of Uncle Sam. Interesting fable, aint it?

We could learn lots of stuff about dealing with our enemies from our Hebrew brothers. I say: God Bless 'EM!! They are a great people.

Leroy

Edited by leroy
punctuation and spelling!!
  • Moderators

It is a common misconception that the nation of Israel in the scriptures and the modern nation state of Israel are the same thing.

• Moderators
Lester and all:________________

I am a great fan of the Israelis because they fully understand what they are up against and are (...for the most part...) more than willing to defend themselves. When discussing Israeli politics and national will; two events stand out to me. The first was passed on to me by a dear old friend and old sunday school teacher. He was eighteen years old when Israel declared its independence in 1948. He said that the great David Ben Gurion (...the first prime minister (...or president..) of Israel--can’t remember which...) said during the radio address announcing the State of Israel: "...now WE have the guns; we will never give them up!!...". This is a sobering warning that still rings out to all the Arab countries who thought they could push those pesky Jews into the Mediterranean. They are still there (...and I believe...) always will be.

The second great memory was after the 1972 murder of the Israeli Olympic athletes. The great Golda Meier, then Prime Minister of Israel, took the decision to kill every last one of the perpetrators of that massacre, no matter how long or what it took. That is exactly what the Israelis did.

A third notable action was the destruction of the Iraqi nuclear facility in the early eighties. It sent a grim message to all who would try the Hebrews.

Those in Iran who believe that the Israelis can be pushed around are deluded. My guess is (...like many other posters...) that the Iranians are being sent a grim warning --- they better listen.

By the way, there is no doubt that the Israelis possess nuclear weapons, and it has a Tennessee connection. There are those who have told the fable for years that the plutonium and enriched uranium for these weapons was smuggled out of the old Nuclear Fuel Services plant in Erwin, TN with the tacit approval of Uncle Sam. Interesting fable, aint it?

We could learn lots of stuff about dealing with our enemies from our Hebrew brothers. I say: God Bless 'EM!! They are a great people.

Leroy

I may not agree with everything the Israelis do, but I damn sure respect them for having the האשכים to go the distance necessary.

Guest Lester Weevils

Leroy

Hi Leroy

Yep, they have their work cut out for em. Tough neighborhood.

It is such a tiny piece of real estate to defend. The drive from Jerusalem to Lebanon looks shorter on the map than a drive from Chattanooga to Knoxville.

Read on one of the web pages today, that Israeli option for taking out Iran underground nuke installations is to make a big hole in the ground with laser-guided bombs, then drop a tactical nuke in the hole, so the nukes take out the targets without air-blasts.

Hopefully they know all the sites before they do something like that. It would instantly turn the middle east into a fire-ant hill of land combat.

Edited by Lester Weevils
spelling
Anybody see what a "warm" welcome Rahm Emmanuel got in Jerusalem? Not surpirsing since John Brennon is now referring to Jerusalem as "Al-Quds" (the arabic name for Jerusalem used by those who would like to see Israel destryed).

No, haven't seen it. Got a YouTube or anything?

No, haven't seen it. Got a YouTube or anything?

For the record, this term, to my knowledge, has never been used by an American official before. Also, for the record, I consider myself to be a Christian even before an American and you can not believe in the Christian faith without first believing in Judaism since Christianity depends on Judaism for it's legitimacy.

So, I shall stand with the Jews for their right to exist and against anyone who threatens that right. If we believe in our own freedom, we must also believe in freedom for all men. We are a nation that believes that "all men are created equal and are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights". Thomas Jefferson didn't write these words to only apply to Brittish colonists living in America. He wrote them to apply to "all men". God bless the Israelis, they deserve nothing less than our full support as individuals and as a nation.

Edited by tntnixon
I don't think Iran cares about stopping this potential conflict. Their declaration of wanting to destroy Israel will stand until one or the other is destroyed. If we or Russia

don't stop this madness, it probably will happen, and it will be ugly.

I wonder. I know Israel has the kajones to defend themselves. So what would happen if they bust a couple of the big boys over Iran, if it was justified? I know Iran has allies, but who would escalate something like that?

For the record, this term, to my knowledge, has never been used by an American official before. Also, for the record, I consider myself to be a Christian even before an American and you can not believe in the Christian faith without first believing in Judaism since Christianity depends on Judaism for it's legitimacy.

So, I shall stand with the Jews for their right to exist and against anyone who threatens that right. If we believe in our own freedom, we must also believe in freedom for all men. We are a nation that believes that "all men are created equal and are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights". Thomas Jefferson didn't write these words to only apply to Brittish colonists living in America. He wrote them to apply to "all men". God bless the Israelis, they deserve nothing less than our full support as individuals and as a nation.

I'm behind the Jews as well, but that doesn't mean that Islam should have to give up their main holy places. Don't get me wrong... Muslim extremists piss me off. But, there are a lot of decent Muslims that should be allowed to practice their faith as well. This guy was simply trying to show respect for both.

Of course, the guy may have been misinterpreted by a number of folks. And, of course, if he has anything to do with the current administration, Faux News and the rest of the bunch will try to find a way to turn it into public outrage. It's their job.

I'm behind the Jews as well, but that doesn't mean that Islam should have to give up their main holy places.

In case you didn't know it, the Jews were there first. If I come to your house and say that I am establishing a new religion that will include your living room as our holiest place, will you leave? Hell no, you wouldn't.

The Muslims showed up 4600 years (yes, four thousand six hundred years) after the Jews and decided that they would take over Judaism's holiest place (where Issac's attempted sacrifice occurred and where Solomon's Temple was built which housed the Ark of the Covenant) and establish it as their 3rd holiest place (sounds rather fishy to me considering the Muslims' hatred for the Jews, which is condoned repeatedly in the Koran).

I suggest to you that you get a copy of the Koran and actually read it (too many people go by what they hear on the news and other sources). You'll find that the entire religion is actually based on hatred for the Jews, whom Muhammad claims had stolen the birthright of Ishmael. Educating oneself will go a long way to understanding the problem that exists and how unreconcilable it is.

Edited by tntnixon
In case you didn't know it, the Jews were there first. If I come to your house and say that I am establishing a new religion that will include your living room as our holiest place, will you leave? Hell no, you wouldn't.

The Muslims showed up 4600 years (yes, four thousand six hundred years) after the Jews and decided that they would take over Judaism's holiest place (where Issac's attempted sacrifice occurred and where Solomon's Temple was built which housed the Ark of the Covenant) and establish it as their 3rd holiest place (sounds rather fishy to me considering the Muslims' hatred for the Jews, which is condoned repeatedly in the Koran).

I suggest to you that you get a copy of the Koran and actually read it (too many people go by what they hear on the news and other sources). You'll find that the entire religion is actually based on hatred for the Jews, whom Muhammad claims had stolen the birthright of Ishmael. Educating oneself will go a long way to understanding the problem that exists and how unreconcilable it is.

The whole thing makes my brain hurt.