Traveler's Insurance lies to the victims of accidents.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, hate to say it but had he been injuried they would have had to pay medical bills and probably be forced to pay Lost wages for being unable to work.

Isn't that why many people who get rear-ended develop whiplash?

Guest Jamie
I'll let the thread die when the issue dies, and as far as being injured goes, you better believe I'm makin' sure to bust my nose on the steering wheel the next time I get rear ended.

If you keep this thread going 'til you get money from the insurance co., I'm afraid it may end up being the oldest active thread on this forum, eventually.

Oh, and I'm sure you can find somebody to come bust your nose for ya, if it'll make you feel better. :D

J.

That's the route I've been considering. We just had a driver get bit by a customers' dog today and go to the hospital. It didn't seem to be anything serious but I told him that if he has to spend a single penny in medical bills, or lose a single penny from missing work to get an attorney. I think my biggest mistake was trying to be nice and cooperative about the matter and trying to keep it out of court.

On top of that I'm gonna talk to the manager about blacklisting that customer. If you can't control your dog to the point that it's biting the delivery guy, then put it in another freakin' room.

I doubt it since it wasn't a vehicular accident, although they may suspend him until it's proven that he didn't get rabies from the dog. Of course after it's proven they'll probably want to conduct their own independant investigation since I'm sure they know more about rabies then any doctor. Just like they know more about traffic accidents then police officers.

That's the route I've been considering. We just had a driver get bit by a customers' dog today and go to the hospital. It didn't seem to be anything serious but I told him that if he has to spend a single penny in medical bills, or lose a single penny from missing work to get an attorney. I think my biggest mistake was trying to be nice and cooperative about the matter and trying to keep it out of court.

I dont think that you saved anyone any grief from not going to court any earlier... Well, except yourself. The wait may have only saved you: time, trouble, and court cost.

No need for an atty on your byddys bite. That will be a simple workers' compensation case. He will have to be off work due to the bite more than 7 days (8 days) to earn indemnity payments from his employers' WC carrier. His medical will be/ should bepaid. Outside of that he would need to take the homeowner to court for anything else. His chances of winning in court are better... if he can prove that the bite cause lost time and permanent scarring.

The bite doesn't seem to have caused anything serious. He did go to the hospital that night but was back at work the next day. As far as Traveler's goes they've simply stopped resonding to my phone calls and emails and no lawyer I've talked to has so much has given me the time of day so I guess I'm SOL on this whole thing.

I understand that some girl on the phone told you were going to get some money but...

Traveler's isn't in the wrong here. Traveler's isn't going to pay for Domino's policy. Domino's is wrong for having that policy but you agreed to it at some point during your employment. I'm afraid that this is a situation where you aren't going to get what you want.

I understand that some girl on the phone told you were going to get some money but...

Traveler's isn't in the wrong here. Traveler's isn't going to pay for Domino's policy. Domino's is wrong for having that policy but you agreed to it at some point during your employment. I'm afraid that this is a situation where you aren't going to get what you want.

That is the way I see it.

I was afraid of that when the thread started. Dominos' BS, lawyer driven policy is the problem here. You're gonna wind up chaulking this one up to experience. I would be spending my time looking for a better employer.

No need to rub my face in it GGP2J7, and Mike, I've beed looking for a better employer for quite some time. I have a very inconvenient school schedule next semester otherwise I would've had a different job before my suspension had ended.

Not trying to rub your face in it. Just trying to help you identify the real bad guy. It's human nature to speak a little louder when somebody doesn't hear you the first time. :) Shake it off, and lose the azzholes at Dominos as soon as you can. I'm rooting for you.

I know you weren't trying to rub it in my face, I was merely addressing both posts with one reply. We've got a new store manager at Domino's as well and I wouldn't put it past him to hire a fly to kill a frog if it asked him for the job. He's already hired 4 new unnecessary drivers and he overloads the schedule with drivers. None of us make any money because we hardly take any deliveries, then he gets annoyed because everybody is just standing around and then he complains about overusing labor. Half the store would've left by now if we'd had the option.