Show me your ugly firearm!

Guest GunTroll

Guest GunTroll

Whats the ugliest/abused firearm you have and would like to be brought back to life? The first ten photos will be entered into a contest and then voted on by members by a poll to get the metal refinished for FREE!

Rules & terms:

1) can be a usable pistol,shotgun,rifle.

2) must be a LEGAL firearm!

3) your responsible for getting your firearm to and from me.

4) I'll refinish the metal to your desired finish by hot salt bluing, rust blue/brown. Parkerizing is also available. Your choice.*** I can not blue stainless at this time but will be able to very soon. I can polish/matte SS if desired. I am not offering anodizing for this contest but do offer it. Duracoating and other spray finishes excluded as well.***

5) I'll refinish the wood (grips,stock) on request at current industry prices if you desire.

6) When I say ugly I don't mean completely un-salvageable. I.E been used as boat anchor and deemed to be completely unsafe and non-functional by me.

7) I can repair the firearm to make it usable (if it can be at all) for current industry prices on labor and parts on request.

8) I will make every attempt to expedite this for you after first taking care of paying customers.

So please submit your detailed photos of your ugly firearm. When I get ten photos I'll ask the mods to merge a poll into this thread or start a new thread altogether with your photos. If I don't get ten photos by 7-20-10, 11:59 pm. Then the ones submitted will get voted by poll.

Thanks and good luck!

GunTroll

Middle Tennessee Gunsmithing

Edited by GunTroll
add to rules/date
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GunTroll

Well Kegger, If no one else post their photos then your a sure in. I like to refinish 1911's. Probably my favorite in fact.

I'll play! I have this model 37 Ithaca that works great. It's a fine shotgun, but someone before me decided it needed the blueing sanded off. The wood looks great. It hasn't been abused. I have no idea why someone would do this.

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

What a creative way to advertise!!!! Thanks.

I got this old gun...

4781391946_ddc27978f6.jpg

It's an Ithaca single shot 20 guage.

4781391138_a4c8084179.jpg

It's killed many a deer, rabbit, fowl, and won several turkey shoots.

4781391364_bb3dceb1f6.jpg

The pics of the barrel didn't turn out, but is REAL ugly.

I had one of these when I was a young 'un. It was in a lot better shape.

Was my moms gun and a friend of my dads borrowed it and brought it back like this.

Some people just don't know how to treat a pistol.

lama.jpg

Wow...that's just awful. The other "ugly" guns at least looked like tools that had been worn by their intended use. This looks like something you'd pawn for drug money, or maybe steal from a low-rent pimp.

Wow...that's just awful. The other "ugly" guns at least looked like tools that had been worn by their intended use. This looks like something you'd pawn for drug money, or maybe steal from a low-rent pimp.

This really needs help.

So you mean I could get some drugs for it. I could use some Ibuprofen and exlax

Guest GunTroll
Was my moms gun and a friend of my dads borrowed it and brought it back like this.

Some people just don't know how to treat a pistol.

lama.jpg

What make model is this.....thing? I can't quite make out what is on the slide there. The comments on this gun are hilarious!

It is a Llama Extra made in the 30's chambered for 9mm Largo cartridge, but also 9mm Luger, .38 acp and 9mm Steyr. I have been told not to shoot anything but Largo in it. I do have the original grips for it.

Edited by SHbicycle
It is a Llama Extra made in the 30's chambered for 9mm Largo cartridge, but also 9mm Luger, .38 acp and 9mm Steyr. I have been told not to shoot anything but Largo in it. I do have the original grips for it.

Shoot it, and I don't mean load it and pull the trigger. :lol:

Guest Billetproof

If it was a contest for distance, I'd win. Got you beat by a little bit.

you all need to be glad I live too far away to make this contest practical for me.

I would simply post up a pick of my ugly Hi Point C9 and win the contest running away.

For your consideration. Bought this used from a "modifyer" who had buffed all the bluing off the frame, and the bluing on the slide was pretty worn too.

Sent it back to Taurus to repair all his other "modifications", so if it ever comes back from there, restoring the finish is next up.

100_2526.jpg

Guest Boogieman
I got this old gun...

4781391946_ddc27978f6.jpg

It's an Ithaca single shot 20 guage.

4781391138_a4c8084179.jpg

It's killed many a deer, rabbit, fowl, and won several turkey shoots.

4781391364_bb3dceb1f6.jpg

The pics of the barrel didn't turn out, but is REAL ugly.

I have one of these too and its in about the same state of ugliness. Barrel has taken on some rust but thankfully no pitting. Bore is still very nice and it still shoots straight as an arrow. Been in the family since it was bought new in the 70's. My grandfather bought it, passed it down to my uncle (who turned up his nose at it) and my dad got ahold of it back when I was really young and gave it to me shortly after.