Had to giggle a little

Wife and I were sitting at the snack bar at our local SAMS Club in Johnson City. I noticed this guy (stereotypical old guy) plain white T-shirt, Jeans Shorts, sneakers and socks up to his knees. On his belt along with his glasses case, his cell phone, was a massive polished SS or nickle, full length 1911 style handgun, in this antique looking owb holster. Now I carry openly from time to time but IWB and not so blatant. If the need arose there would be no way he would have been able to draw that "hogleg" out of that what appeared to be a home made holster that was half way up his ribcage because he was wearing his pants so high, in sufficient time to save his life. I wish I would have had a camera on me.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it look like an old basket weaved holster?? My Papaw had one that looked like it was from the 1930's. Said he got it at an old leather shop in DownTown Knoxville around 1960. It was "home made" and looked like the old LEO holsters but was tanned, not black with a thin strap that snapped. I believe my dad has it now.....

One lesson I always try to teach the young studs that I come into contact with. DON'T MESS WITH OLD MEN, THEY WILL KILL YOU. They are too old to fight you and they are too out of shape to run from you. They will just pull a gun and kill you.

U never know how fast he could draw. That old guy could fool ya.

Yup! If he had the guts to carry that weapon out in the open like that he most likely had what it takes to use it.

Guest Pig957
Wife and I were sitting at the snack bar at our local SAMS Club in Johnson City. I noticed this guy (stereotypical old guy) plain white T-shirt, Jeans Shorts, sneakers and socks up to his knees. On his belt along with his glasses case, his cell phone, was a massive polished SS or nickle, full length 1911 style handgun, in this antique looking owb holster. Now I carry openly from time to time but IWB and not so blatant. If the need arose there would be no way he would have been able to draw that "hogleg" out of that what appeared to be a home made holster that was half way up his ribcage because he was wearing his pants so high, in sufficient time to save his life. I wish I would have had a camera on me.

This how I dress every day except I carry a Glock 22!

Guest The Highlander
One lesson I always try to teach the young studs that I come into contact with. DON'T MESS WITH OLD MEN, THEY WILL KILL YOU. They are too old to fight you and they are too out of shape to run from you. They will just pull a gun and kill you.

1shot, I use this quote at least once a month on the "kids" around here!

And I'm in that Sam's fairly often, got to go today as a matter of fact, cause we are out of the 18-wheeler size thingie of toilet paper, and I have teenage girls. I'm going to look for him!

The Highlander