Some people should not be allowed to own guns...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6
The problem is #2 applies to all women. lol

;)

OK since you brought it up, let's really aggrivate 'em-:stir:

Top 10 Reasons Why Men May At Times Prefer Guns Over Women<O:p

#10 - You can trade an old 44 for a new 22

#9 - You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you are on-the-road

#8 - If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times

#7 - Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun for a backup

#6 - Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo

#5 - A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space

#4 - A gun functions normally every day of the month

#3 - A gun doesn't ask, "Do these grips make me look fat?"

#2 - A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it

...AND...the #1 reason a gun is favored over a woman<O:p

YOU CAN BUY A SILENCER FOR A GUN!!! (Through ETS of course) ;)

OK ladies, go ahead. I'm ready for it. :cheers:

[ /:bowrofl:]

<O:p

I don't have a problem with the fact that convicted felons, illegal aliens, those convicted in domestic violence cases and those adjudicated mentally deficient should not own guns. There should however be a real, working appellate system to act as a safety net to protect those that are incorrectly or wrongly put into "the system." Unfortunately there does not seem to be a workable system in place.

Guest TNDixieGirl

You asked for it! ;)

Ten Reasons Women Prefer Guns Over Men

#10. Your gun doesn't mind if you get a bigger one

#9. If the ammo isn't working you can try something different without it complaining

#8. Guns always fire

#7. Guns don't shrink when cold

#6. Your gun does nothing but wait quietly until you need it

#5. A gun can sit next to the remote without touching it

#4. A gun never forgets it's primary purpose

#3. Guns don't fart

#2. A gun can reload in less than 5 seconds

#1. A gun doesn't poke you in the middle of the night to check if you feel like shooting

"A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Question: How is keeping a firearm only in your home bearing arms? If security of a free state was threatened, is the militia supposed to wait each in his own home, hoping that the enemy will approach at right angles to the front window? Why should there be a ban on machine guns and "particularly dangerous types of firearms?" If I had to fight for my country, I sure as he!! would want a "particularly dangerous firearm" to fight with!

Anyways, mousegunner, that article just got me p.o.'ed!:D:rant:

Guest TargetShooter84
You asked for it! :bowrofl:

Ten Reasons Women Prefer Guns Over Men

#3. Guns don't fart

I beg to differ but not just guys do that, women do pass gas too and its more deadly than men's gas...I mean everytime they pass gas, we instantly think "Omg...that was worse than my grandma's!" and silently roll down the car window praying she doesnt notice....:eek:

Guest triggertime

Not to hijack this discussion, but should a christian minister be making judgemental

statements, whether joking or not, about who should and should not have the right

to own a gun? Sounds like Dr. St John needs to study Romans 12 for

awhile. :eek:

Not to hijack this discussion, but should a christian minister be making judgemental

statements, whether joking or not, about who should and should not have the right

to own a gun? Sounds like Dr. St John needs to study Romans 12 for

awhile. :eek:

WOW! :) I don't even know where to start on this one!

1st - Hello pot, this is the kettle....

2nd - I've always said, "some people know just enough Bible to be dangerous." Proved yet again. Thanks triggertime!

3rd - what an asinine assessment of his post and intentions. Maybe you need to re/read his initial statement.

4th - Why would you try to instigate something like this!

I'm calling the troll patrol on this one!

Lots of people wrongly think that the Bible says that Christians should not be judgmental. This is based on taking out of context Paul's advice on what to eat/drink or not eat/drink, and not offending a weaker brother.

Jesus commands His followers to exercise good judgment:

Joh 7:24 Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment."

Jesus also commands his followers to refrain from casting their pearls before swine. So I guess that means Christians have to make judgments about which people are swine, and which aren't.

You can't get through life without making judgments about people, however, that's not really what I'm doing in my silly list of who should not own a gun. I'm just underlining in my own way the fact that SOME people should NOT own guns, and I'm sure you will all agree with that.

However, you are correct about Presbyterian ministers attempting to make jokes. It almost always goes over like a lead balloon. The Baptist pastors are much better joke tellers!:)

However, you are correct about Presbyterian ministers attempting to make jokes. It almost always goes over like a lead balloon. The Baptist pastors are much better joke tellers!:)

If only that were true! I'm not the best joke teller. I find I get more laughs when I'm not trying :)!

• 2 years later...
Guest Mad4rcn

That has got to be the funniest thing i have ever read.If you have not read it yet,please take the time to do so,you will find it well worth the entertainment.:koolaid:DRINK UP !!!

Anyone who qualifies under the law should be able to own a gun. The Second Amendment does not distinguish on the basis of mental capacity or intelligence.

If you say, "I support the Second Amendment, BUT....", then you don't support the Second Amendment.

Lots of people wrongly think that the Bible says that Christians should not be judgmental. This is based on taking out of context Paul's advice on what to eat/drink or not eat/drink, and not offending a weaker brother.

Jesus commands His followers to exercise good judgment:

Joh 7:24 Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment."

Jesus also commands his followers to refrain from casting their pearls before swine. So I guess that means Christians have to make judgments about which people are swine, and which aren't.

You can't get through life without making judgments about people, however, that's not really what I'm doing in my silly list of who should not own a gun. I'm just underlining in my own way the fact that SOME people should NOT own guns, and I'm sure you will all agree with that.

Well since you're the OP and addressed judging others...

Paul says in Romans 14:4

"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand."

There is a difference between judging whether someone is lost or saved and judging another's sin(s). To me it all resides in judging what another does that personally affects you, your family, or the church. Clearly, what others do, (such as the mentally unstable shooting up a restaurant), effects your right to bear arms or perhaps your very safety: therefore, you are right to judge others in this context. In contrast the example of judging another for drinking is not up to you. It is between that person and God.

And this comes from a Baptist.

As far as jokes are concerned you have just as much right to crack one as any other person, and I'll judge whether or not I think it's funny regardless of your religion.

Guest HexHead

There have a been a few times when I'm sitting around the local gun store and I see some of the people that come in there, I've had to question whether we've really been right all along, or that maybe the anti's might have a point? :)

Guest HexHead
everyone has a right to have a gun, just not everyone should.

I know plenty of people that have no business with guns. Simple kitchen impliments and garden tools are dangerous enough to them

Hell, there are some people you need to tell to stay away from that wheelbarrow, they have no need to be around machinery. :)