Got myself fired

Ebow1

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TargetShooter84

Nah, I was just joking around...madder you get, the hulkier you get....catch the hint?

I think Jaime posted the hulk comment.

Yeah, I thought I had made a post not paying attention about the oven being what I threw.

As far as angry drunks and throwing stuff and the Hulk goes, I got a story about somebody else that's pretty funny. Alright, 4 of us and a deck of cards playing drinking games. We're setting in a circle. I'm 1, and it goes clockwise from there as far as numbering goes (this had nothing to do with the game, this is just an easy way to refer to the people involved). 3 keeps turning a card sideways, 2 keeps tellin' him to stop it. Eventually, 2 beans 3 in the head with a full beer can, and then picks up a glass pint bottle by the neck to nash over 3s head. I pick up another glass pint bottle to bash 2 in case he bashes 3 because 3 hasn't really done anything to deserve that. 3 is getting scared, 4 is telling everybody to put everything down, and I keep telling him I'm just trying to keep 2 from bashing 3. Everything settles down and we go back to drinking. Halloween party rolls around a few weeks later, I try and convince 2 to paint himself green and wear purple shorts and have a minikeg so that way when he drinks it he'll get pissed and throw it at someone, and it'll make it look like he actually is the Hulk throwing around a full sized keg. He wouldn't do it.

Were there customers in the store at the time? What was the reaction from the other employees?

Did you even notice?

I promised myself not to get involved and prolong this tiresome thread any longer but hell, if it helps you with your attitude problem...:P

Guest 6.8 AR
I ripped a car topper off the wall (held on with magnets), and kicked around some empty boxes piled up for the trash as I went outside to vent and hit things.

And you're proud of this?

Guest Sgt. Joe

Ebow, if you are serious about giving the military a try again go talk with a National Guard recruiter, chances are they will take you. But one one way or another you are going to have complete basic training. Either it will be Officer Basic or regular basic, officer basic isnt that much different than regular basic for the first part of it all anyway. And I could be wrong and you may have completed enough Marine basic for them to consider you Prior Service and NOT have to do any basic again, I doubt that part but the recruiter will know.

Say you joined the guard tomorrow but could not go to basic until next summer because of your school, Now a days you would still start making drills right away before going to basic and thus getting paid.

Weather or not you can become an officer will be first based on your ASVAB scores, depending on how long ago you took the thing you may or may not have to (or be able to) take it again, if you still have a copy of your first scores it should include scores for all the branches look at the Army one and you are looking for the one that is called the GT score and you need a 110.

Sometimes even if your older scores are still good time "time wise" you can re-take the test to get them higher if you need to.( that is what I meant by "be able to") Also the 110 can be wavered in some cases but with your history from the Marines I dont think it would be for you. But you never know and you can always start as enlisted and there are many other avenues to becoming an officer.

The Guard will then start picking up your tuition and paying you a few hundred more a month because you are IN school, they will also work your basic training around your school schedule.

You however will then have to work any work schedule around the drill weekends. An employer can not fire you for having to be at drill. Being in the guard also looks good to most potential employers and may help you to get a better job.

If you could then work it out so that whatever you are taking in school is compatible with whatever job you choose in the guard you will then open another path to being an officer. I dont know what you were making a month from the cardboard and tomato sauce place but I do know of a few younger guys who simply served in the guard and went to school and made enough by doing so to get by.

Also if you do qualify to become an officer and there is an ROTC program at your school and you get into it, you get paid even a bit more (at the rate of an E-5 for drills) and that is yet another road to being an officer. It has been a few years since I left and some things have changed but when I left in 2008, the educational payments alone could be as high as 1000 bucks a month depending on your particular situation and then a few hundred more a month for your drills.

There are also cash bonus programs for certain jobs and a deal in which they would pay back any student loans for you up to 20K provided that the loan has never been in default, and I am pretty sure that requires a 6 year enlistment, as most all the real good stuff will. Since you are still in school any loans (if you even have any) would not yet be in default so the guard would pay them back for you entirely again up to 20K.

So with up to a 15K enlistment bonus available and up to 20K in loan repayment plus the fact that the guard will pay your tuition and also pay you on top of that I think in your situation it is worth checking into, and may well be just what the Doctor ordered.

Dont take the numbers I stated as fact as things change all the time and different jobs pay different amounts.

Of course none of the bonus money is paid upfront, half would be paid after completion of basic and the rest in yearly installments, sometimes the other half is paid after completing your job school, it is just different for different things. I do not recall just how the loans are paid back. This is not just a job I am talking about but a potential career and at least a part-time job with a 6 year contract and a free education. Which you already know is important since you are already struggling to be in school.

That fact alone speaks highly to me about you when compared to most folks your age, some "get it" but most dont.

Personally I feel that your admission of even having anger issues tells me that you could keep them in check if you needed to. And since the guard would be doing a hell of a lot more for you than cardboard and sauce was or ever would have that should only make it easier for you to do so.

I was 23 once and I drank quite a lot back then but at the same time I had a fuse that was a mile long, and unlike some folks here I know of (K;)B:p) I can remember it all. As I aged the fuse got shorter, then I quit drinking and it got even shorter.

When I came back from Iraq hurt I had no fuse left it didnt take anything to set me off on anyone anywhere, I have a voice that puts most Drill Sergeants to shame and I am not smart enough to be afraid of anything (as momma always said) and twice in my life have caused a grown man to piss himself (really) just by screaming at him about what I was going to do to him, all the while knowing myself that I wasnt going to lay a hand on him. Those incidents still crack me up.

It took obtaining a carry permit to give me back my mile long fuse and that is just some icing on that cake that I never even realized I would get, but I am as thankful for that as for anything that I can think of.....I became the mellow old man that the young man was.

Now all that is just a few bucks worth (maybe literally) of thoughts for you to ponder. I will tell you straight up that it wont be easy, the guard is an ass kissing boot licking political machine that never stops. But as Mike357 is fond of saying, just do your job and stay Grey and the guard can be a wonderful place to make a few bucks and get a free education that will last you a lifetime.

That is all just some advice from an ole man who has seen way more that most folks will in a lifetime, even most much older than I. And I am getting one of my old hippie vibes that tells me that this is an answer for you that will work. If so you can thank me later, if not the advice is worth what you paid for it.

Good Luck to ya:)

Edited by Sgt. Joe

And you're proud of this? No, just stating what happened in detail since it was asked.

I know I didn't get through enough of Marine basic to get a free pass if I were to try to reenlist. I've also gotten back out of shape anyway. Last time I took the ASVAB I scored an 89 but it was probably long ago enough that I'd have to take it again. It said I would be best at Aviation Electronics as well but that was something I had no interest in at the time. I can remember as a kid always wanting to fly a jet so I may look into that. If I can go officer, ROTC through college, get out, and they let me fly a plane, that may just be something I do look into. I did talk to the army not long after I got back from the marines, and I remember them being completely unable to find any record of me being in the delayed entry program or having anything to do with the marines, despite the mountain of paperwork and reenlistment codes I gave them. I thought that was strange.

Also what is this 110 thing? I was always under the impression that an ASVAB score reflected what percentile you were in, for example scoring an 89 meant I did better then 88% of the people who took it, making a 100 or higher impossible.

Guest strelcevina
I was always talking about Strel.

i went true whole thread to see what you talked about, and let me tell you sir with all do respect

your opinion is as important as a grain of sand in Sahara

sahara.jpg

Guest Sgt. Joe
And you're proud of this? No, just stating what happened in detail since it was asked.

I know I didn't get through enough of Marine basic to get a free pass if I were to try to reenlist. I've also gotten back out of shape anyway. Last time I took the ASVAB I scored an 89 but it was probably long ago enough that I'd have to take it again. It said I would be best at Aviation Electronics as well but that was something I had no interest in at the time. I can remember as a kid always wanting to fly a jet so I may look into that. If I can go officer, ROTC through college, get out, and they let me fly a plane, that may just be something I do look into. I did talk to the army not long after I got back from the marines, and I remember them being completely unable to find any record of me being in the delayed entry program or having anything to do with the marines, despite the mountain of paperwork and reenlistment codes I gave them. I thought that was strange.

A couple things, the 89 you are thinking of is the overall ASVAB score which BTW is an excellent score one needs a 31 for the guard. Everyones scores are broken down into about 8 or 9 categories, that is where they got your high scores for aviation from. You may or may not have been given a breakdown of them all but if they got put into the system they would be available. If not NO ONE scores lower when taking the test again....which is good for you.

As for being out of shape that is where making drills before going to basic comes into play, you will be in better shape before you leave and will know most all of what you will need to know in basic, this means you would most likely be a squad leader in basic which is an auto-promotion when you graduate....again good for you.

As for flying the Army dont have many planes and no fighters, but they are screaming for chopper pilots and crew chief mechanics and such. Loooooooong schools and schools count as active duty time and pay as such.....again good for you.

As far as them finding no record that dont surprise me none but isnt a big deal, the Army isnt good at anything except fighting and since it was so soon after you left the Marines it was probably just not all in the system.....or it never will be.....either way good for you and better if they let you take the test again.

Anyone with an overall 89 ASVAB is going to have very high scores in the breakdown, I know that part very well.....I also made an 89 on the overall and the 110 needed for officer the GT score? Mine was 128....it maxes at 131. You will be fine.

Think a LOT about this route young man and I do mean a LOT, proper aggression can translate to much success in the military just so long as you dont tell a dick captain what he is to his face......LOL

I was able to put up with all the yelling and name calling from the D.I.s just fine. It was expected, and being 1 lb over weight when I shipped meant I got quarterdecked daily. I think flying a helicopter would be pretty cool. I had a buddy who tried to go that route but it didn't work out for him. The sheer boredom after basic just got to him too much. I can handle boredom. I worked for Blockbuster for about a year. The marines let me jump in a Cessna (or however you spell it) cockpit with a marine pilot and land the plane. I already know I have the right body type to fit, and I have perfect 20/20 no colorblind, nothin'. As far as landing the plane went, he flipped all the switches and activated and engaged everything that needed to be, but he let me guide it onto the runway. I may or may not have rocked the plane back and forth a bit to scare the people on the tarmac.

Guest Sgt. Joe
Also what is this 110 thing? I was always under the impression that an ASVAB score reflected what percentile you were in, for example scoring an 89 meant I did better then 88% of the people who took it, making a 100 or higher impossible.

I missed that question, you are right about the ASVAB score. The GT score is one of the breakdown scores and is usually the first one listed, I cant for the life of me remember what it actually stands for though. I would think that with an 89 overall that you would have a GT of at least 110. Best thing to do is simply re-take the test, they have a prep book now and looking through it and working some of the problems really helps, you would most likely score even higher than the first time. And just because they said your lowest was mechanics that dont mean it was a LOW score, just that it was your low-est. I doubt any of the breakdowns were very low with an 89 overall.

Chopper Pilots are in demand and all I have heard is that it is harder to fly one than it is a plane, so if you did that there would be nothing to stop you from still obtaining a regular pilots license at some point in the future. Lots of folks are using the 6 year deal and getting all they can and then getting out and moving on to bigger and better things.

Best thing to do is go talk with a recruiter, you will be limited to jobs available in units close to you or your willingness of how far you want to drive to drills. There were some chopper units in Smyrna but some of them moved here to Jackson but I dont know if it was all of them or not. Then again a simple truck driver job was paying a good bonus and one still got all the benefits and pretty much every unit has at least a few openings for drivers, and of course a transportation unit would have many. One of the cool things about the guard is that you dont have to stay in the same unit if you later find one with a job opening that you like better and they are willing to accept you.....and that even means another State if you choose. So ANY job that is convenient for you now would be good enough to start and get all the benefits rolling.

I dont know how you are paying for school now but once the guard starts to pick up the main tab, if you are getting Pell Grants you would just buy your books and pocket the rest, If you are using loans you could stop doing that, and like I said have what you have borrowed paid back. Believe me man, the Guard is a Golden Goose for young folks these days. When I went active I got the highest bonus the Army was paying at the time $2,500.00 bucks, when I left this last time drivers were getting 15K and the were offering Spec. Ops folks with 20+ years service up to 150K just to re-up !!!

I wouldnt even worry about deployments right now as things are slowing down, there is also some deal of being in I think the ROTC program (maybe just school) in which you are exempt from any deployment until you are finished or it is like 4 years. The down side to things slowing down is that the bonus' may be lower than they were and the sweeeter deals are disapearing. Everything is based on "Present Needs".

Go talk with a recruiter, as I said that enlistment stuff changes very often based on needs. One more thing is that if you drive more than 50 miles (I think it is) you will get travel pay per mile to come to drills and a free motel (usually shared) room for Saturday night. But again things change overnight sometimes so call and make an appointment with a recruiter.....it sure cant hurt nothing. If there is ROTC at your school start with them, you are already there most of the time anyway and they could tell you about their part of the deal and if you could get in, but dont JUST join ROTC....be in the guard already when you do and get those extra bucks.

I'll check back in tomorrow if you have anymore questions, I am just trying to help ya the best I can, but the recruiter will have the current details.

Guest Drewsett

Completely off topic (but it would appear that the thread has been that way for awhile), thanks Sgt. Joe. As another young guy who has been pondering his options, your posts have spoken volumes to me....now just to get the wife to be okay with it...

Wow, I just got finished catching up from about page 18 or so. I figured this thread was about to get locked around there yesterday. I just finished reading the last 10 pages or so.

New Book from Woot! :

10 Steps to Building a Mass Murderer

by TGO Ebow1

:repost:

It probably doesn't help that people keep telling me I look like a 35 year old serial killer.

So, I kinda stopped watching it and went out and had a few beer and whiskey last night. Tried a new whiskey, Paddy,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddy_Whiskey

I logged in to find, it has turned around 180 again.

As a retired mental health professional, I am really, REALLY enjoying this thread... :grouchy:

Seaslug, when, I was in college I took one 101 psychology and well, I have to say I EARNED that D in that class. I fought to get that D. but now 15 years later if I was convenient I would retake that class if I could take it under the same professor for 2 reasons. One to improve my college transcript and to prove to myself I could do better now.

Concerning punching the fellow for no reason...

It might sound dumb, but what did you happen to be drinking at the time?

I know a lot of people say it doesn't make any difference, but from what I've seen and experienced, it does.

No matter what I'm drinking, I tend to only be an angry drinker when I figure out all the booze is gone. :repost: :repost: :repost:

... or if I'm drinking vodka. Actually, "angry" doesn't quite cover that one. I more or less turn into one big ass whippin' in search of a victim. :repost:

Needless to say, I don't drink vodka if I have a choice in the matter...

J.

I agree with Jamie, I do believe what you drink changes the effect. I believe the reason is, because the alcohol from different drinks gets absorbed at different rates depending on the drink and strength.

However, I am always a happy drunk, when I drink, everyone becomes my best friend.:repost:

"How to Angrily Throw a Pizza Oven"

By

TGO's finest and angriest author: Ebow1

Great more books I won't read.

Someone ask if Ebow1 was going to be the next Kwik, and I believe Ebow1 answer stood to example he is not.

Ebow1, I can't say I have any real advise for you, other then just try to think ahead to where your actions may lead before you act on them. Try to get off impulse reactions.

Edited by vontar

Sorry for being so long in getting back, folks, but I'm here now, with my coffee cup in one hand, and my scalpin' knife in the other. :repost:

Don't bother asking me how I'm typing this. :repost:

Anyway, time to skin a "Strelcevina"... whatever the hell that is:

if you already started with your jobs talk than

being a farmer or a mall security or anything at that level will have similar kind of people doing it.

so talking about guns as much we talk here is acceptable

Strel, YOU may only have one job skill... if what we've seen out of you can even be considered a skill - but I have many, and have held many different jobs over the years. Sometimes 2 or 3 at a time.

Yes, I've worked on a farm, and done all the jobs that go along with that, but I also have a degree in mechanical drafting and design, and spent nearly 15 or so years making a living at it. And one of the very first places I worked when I got out of school was a civil engineering company with offices all over the world... and the people I worked with came from ever side and corner of this planet.

We talked about guns fairly often there, and how screwed-up some people's views are of 'em.

I don't recall anybody ever saying they thought the conversations were anti-social.

And that's only one company and one office out of several.

but soon you wont to advanced further than mall security than you have to deal with all kind of people.

Okay, Tarzan... if you really do have a job in medical translation or transcription, with "high degrees" in English and German, as I seem to recall you've claimed, then you can stop typing like Johnny Weissmuller now, and lose the "poor illiterate immigrant" act. I fully agree that you're as arrogant and stupid as the come, but I'm not buying that you manage English as poorly as you'd have us believe.

Along with that, you can go back and read some of my old posts ( It'll be good for your reading comprehension skills and English skills in general ) and see if you can't find the ones where I've stated flat out that I've been both a soldier and a Sheriff's Deputy. Among other things.

I've also worked as private security, and done work as a bodyguard and bouncer. So it doesn't look like my "ant-social behavior" has held me back much, nor have I had any difficulties with dealing with all kinds of people.

I'll bet you can't say the same.

and being angry is worst of worst social behavior you can encounter.

Hardly. Being arrogant, ignorant, and pretentious are far worse behaviors. Just as going somewhere new, and trying to make it just like the last *****hole you left is, while telling everyone how backwards they are for not being as f**ked-up as you are.

Anger is just a natural reaction to such things, and I'm quite sure you've had an enormous amount of that directed at you in your life. And you've no doubt claimed the fault was with those other people, rather than admitting that it's your own idiotic behavior that provoked it.

Tell me this, Strel... if wherever it is that you're from is so great, why the hell are you hear to begin with? And if it's not so great, then why is that? Too many people living there that're just like you, maybe?

even you just bragging how you threaten your girlfriend previous lover ,that you will woop his ass and do all bunch of evil things to him.

Okay, f**kwit... here's what I wrote:

I know my wife's ex couldn't, and his chicken:poop: ass was still a thousand miles away at the time.

He was on the way here, and called up talking:poop: before he'd gone more than 50 miles. By the time I got finished telling him what was going to happen to him, and begging him to PLEASE show up down here, he hung up, turned around and went back home. Took him more than a year before we heard from him again.

Try reading it as what I said, not what you want it to say. Pay attention to the words "Wife" and "Ex" as well.

My wife and I had already been married several years at that point. Years that we had spent large sums of money because of her ex not wanting to do what was required for the child he was responsible for creating, and that I had taken responsibility to help raise. And also a child with a boat-load of medical and psychological problems. ( Among his more charming behaviors was the habit of completely disregarding what the kid's doctors had said should be done regarding the kid's treatment. )

And believe it or not, that's only the tip of the iceberg. And I followed the rules society has laid out, to the letter, while dealing with him. He, on the other hand, never followed anyone's rules, other than his own, that he wasn't physically forced to.

Yep, I told him exactly what was going to happen to him... basically that he was going to take a beating and go to jail. He already knew that I wasn't going to lay a hand on him though. We both knew I didn't have to, since he was already in trouble for dodging child support, and had made the mistake of letting the local police know he hated cops an would resist arrest. And yes I let him know that meeting me and my wife at the PD was the only way he was likely going to survive coming down here at all.

So tell me... how is dealing with someone else's criminal and ant-social behavior "evil"?

And why didn't you bother asking for more details rather than jumping to conclusions that weren't supported by what was said?

is extremely anti social behavior

I was dealing with a self-centered, self-serving assh*le who's only interest was getting out of taking any responsibility himself, and getting even with my wife for divorcing him, rather than let him get away with doing anything he wanted to do.

I got stuck cleaning up the trash, and I did that job efficiently and effectively, and without violating any rules or laws... even though at that point, I was quite willing to step over the line, give him his lumps, then take my own if the legal system didn't recognize the provocation.

So tell me again where that's "anti-social".

saying it on the forum is Ok but in person is not Ok.

Says who? You? You don't have sense enough to recognize your own poor behavior, so I'm sure as hell not gonna seek your approval concerning my own.

Besides, I have an I.Q. that puts me in the top 2% of the population of this planet, and enough real-world experience regarding "social issues" to know when I need advice, and who to seek it from. And insignificant, delusional idiots with neither of those things need not apply for the position, or offer their services. :grouchy:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( Okay, there ya go folks. No holding back, no editing. )

( BTW, I'm still not angry, and this certainly doesn't qualify as "postal". I thought very carefully about every word I wrote. )

J.

Edited by Jamie