Most Embarrassing Moment?

Il Duce

So lets see your most embarrassing moment.

One day at work I had a lady come in and ask me a question. she says to me, "do you have any jiggers?" not really paying attention i reply, "no ma'am we have none working here." she looks at me with this look and it dawns on me what i had just said and quickly i ask, "im sorry what did you ask for?' she says again, "do you have any jiggers?" i get this look of confusion on my face and ask her what that was and she proceeds to explain what they were and i told here that we had none. im shocked i did not get a call from my boss and i am almost certain my face was bright red LOL

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

I've lost count of all of mine. There's that device in your brain that controls "The things that you just don't say." It's always on the blink.

I'm sure it's not my MOST embarrassing, but this goes to show you what trying to look cool does for you. I was out riding with a buddy one night and a couple girls (hot,hot,hot girls) pulled up next to us. They're talking to us, commenting on the bikes, etc. Light turns green and I decide I'm gonna show them what my pipes sound like, I rev the engine and...pop the clutch and stall the bike. :tinfoil: Not only did we have to pull over so my buddy could catch his breath from laughing so hard, but he told everybody that we hung out with that night about it.

While on active duty during my last 6 months in, I lived in Franklin. I drove to Ft. Campbell everyday. I was tardy one morning but it wasnt the first time. I sleep like the dead and do not wake up for hardly anything. Now bear in mind this wasnt late to formation. This was late to being early for formation. We had BN formation at 0630 if we were going to have one that day. Company formation at 0615. We had to be at the unit at 0600.

Driving from Franklin is a bit of a haul. I woke up late and got into traffic that I didnt normally see driving through 15 minutes earlier on average. Needless to say I got to the unit at like 0610 or so. My Platoon SGT saw me coming in and called me over. This was in the company area with everyone standing around talking before formation. He goes "Hey XXXXX whats going on? Why are you late?"

I reply back with something along the lines of hitting traffic and apologizing. Mid sentence he goes from 0 to 60 on the screaming scale with "I DONT GIVE A XXXX WHY YOU ARE LATE WTF DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING BEING LATE..........." etc etc etc

Anyway, being shouted at wasnt the embaressing part. Being shouted at is a common occurance in the Infantry. My embaressment was from when he went 0-60 2 inches from my face I was caught so unaware I flinched a little bit. This was the time we just sat around looking at each other doing nothing. He started out all calm and collected. Regardless I am sure it was noticed even though no one ever mentioned the incident at all it still irritates me that I did it.

I did my damndest to be more punctual going forward.

Edited by Daniel

Several years back my wife drops me and my youngest son off a barber shop. We had just moved to TN and had no idea where to go. As it turns out, this barber shop is one of those quintessential places where older gentlemen hang around and 'gossip' - in other words, a 4 year old isn't likely to have had his hair cut there in years.

Well, my son is one of 'those moods' and is asking about everything! I can hardly keep him holding still to get his hair cut. Barber finishes with him and as I'm climbing in the chair my son says he has to poop and if there is a bathroom? Nervous old barber points him to the back and starts cutting my hair. After a few minutes the barber gets concerned and asks if my son is ok? He advises there are cleaning chemicals in bathroom and did I need to check on him? I advise no he knows better. Barber goes back to cutting my hair. Just then a guy walks in the shop for a trim who has had both arms amputated and has prostetic arms with pinchers for hands. He sits down. (From this point forward everything plays out in slow motion). My son exits the bathroom and sits down a few chairs away from the new visitor. Then he notices! "Hey mister! What happened to your hands"? I about sh*% myself.

Turns out the guy was cool about it and shows my son how moving his arms makes his hands open and close. However, the barber is slower than cold tar and has only buzzed the sides and back of my head. I say it's good, pay him and leave. I look like Lyle Lovett! We're standing in the parking lot when my wife and other son show up. She takes one look at me and starts laughing so hard she's crying. We still laugh about the whole thing today.

At the time, I was a little kid getting chased by 3-4 big kids...we were all on bicycles.

I got to a point where I ducked down an alley and was looking backwards to see if they spotted/followed me. While doing this, and feeling pretty smug that I had ditched them, I slammed into the back of a parked car. I launched over the handlebars and ended up doing a bellyflop onto the roof of the car.

While laying on the roof of said car, taking an inventory of what might be damaged, the door opens up and the hottest 18-20 year old girl gets out from behind the wheel and starts asking the cute little idiot if he's OK.

I was, but I couldn't even make a fast exit from total embarrassment because the front tire of my bike was bashed in.

If a 10 year old can have any "cool points," he lost them all that day.

I would have gladly taken the beating instead...

Edited by TN-popo

I have allot these events,

one that comes to mine.

When I was in college, I was a major in communications, believe it or not I did well. Anyways I was in charge of setting up and doing the production work for video taping a Revival at LMU, I believe Spring 95 or 96 at the Tex Turner Arena if you know of it. Anyways, it was a packed house for a Revival, and the draw that night was a young kid peachier I believe.

One thing I had insisted on having was a the camera platform (riser) where I was sitting with the main camera. I got up there with the camera about 2 and a half feet off the floor. I wanted the camera view more level with the stage.

Anyways all was going well and a girl that was following me around even got up there with me. Mind you this thing was more narrow then long. I had it all set perfect (so I thought) so I could sit in a metal folding chair, adjust the camera and everything.

In the middle of the event, while the kid was peaching. I forget what he was saying but the timing to what he said was pretty good, I was adjusting the camera, I think I had to stand up to change a battery or tape, as I sat back down my chair slipped. The chair went off the back of the platform and so did I. At least the 20,000 dollar camera remained in place, although it did move around a bit and it recorded all the sounds. The Metal chair hitting the floor echoed though the arena. The Kid never missed a beat.

I wish I still had a copy of that tape.

I ain't dumb enough to tell one on myself (and besides, there are too many), but I'll tell one on a buddy of mine ...

Many years ago, during a Christmas play at our church, my friend had this line: "My, but it's cold and blustery outside."

Problem was, he misplaced the "comma." The line came out like this: "My butt, it's cold and blustery outside."

The laughter caused his face to redden up like Rudolph's nose. To this day, he won't talk about it and I still laugh at him over it.

For reasons I can never comprehend I got dragged along to every one of my older brothers' DMV trips. He failed the written portion of that test time and time again and it annoyed the hel outta me because I knew I had to go up there again the next time he'd try. He finally passes and we find out that this time we need to get his birth certificate fixed. It says he's a woman. Now all those trips were worth it. I have never let him live it down and every time our mom tries to get me to stop making fun of him about it, I point out that I shouldn't've been there anyway and wouldn't've found out if I hadn't been.

For reasons I can never comprehend I got dragged along to every one of my older brothers' DMV trips. He failed the written portion of that test time and time again and it annoyed the hel outta me because I knew I had to go up there again the next time he'd try. He finally passes and we find out that this time we need to get his birth certificate fixed. It says he's a woman. Now all those trips were worth it. I have never let him live it down and every time our mom tries to get me to stop making fun of him about it, I point out that I shouldn't've been there anyway and wouldn't've found out if I hadn't been.

lol. that is a good one. When he gets Married if he hasn't already you can give a speech, along the lines I am not loses a losing a brother but I am gaining another sister. ( which would be great if you don't have another sister, neat little inside joke)

He got married. Didn't tell me, so I wasn't there to make the joke, but believe me I would've made some kind of joke. I probably would've gone with somewith about how wonderful it was that society was tolerant enough bla bla bla.

Guest Buzz87

short and simple. the most embarrassing thing recently was having been wounded during the qualification phase of my HCP instruction class. I was the the one injury(shell flew back in my face and got caught between my safety glass and my bottom eyelid) I continued through firing at my target and not missing once but I had a blister that I couldn't hide when I came off range and was the

'poor little injured girl" Grrrr I should have worn a hat!

short and simple. the most embarrassing thing recently was having been wounded during the qualification phase of my HCP instruction class. I was the the one injury(shell flew back in my face and got caught between my safety glass and my bottom eyelid) I continued through firing at my target and not missing once but I had a blister that I couldn't hide when I came off range and was the

Ouch.

I've seen a hot shell or two lodge in a somewhat lower area of the female anatomy that offers an effective catchment area.

Ouch ouch.

- OS

This ones recent, Wolrd Cup was on at a sushi place I frequent, CHI and another team. I start telling my wife how all the chinese players look spanish and that they probably paid a lot of players from other countries to play for them, blah, blah, blah. Then the annoucer chimes in about how Chile is doing pretty good. The chef and guy next to me had a smirk the whole tiime.

Ouch.

I've seen a hot shell or two lodge in a somewhat lower area of the female anatomy that offers an effective catchment area.

Ouch ouch.

- OS

I almost got shot working at a range when a girl got a .22 shell down her shirt. She started spinning around with the gun still in hand and her finger on the trigger. To answer the impending question, yes I bodychecked her into the wall in front of her boyfriend and friends and grabbed the gun.

I understood the eye protection requirement, now I understand why our instructor required hats. I never wear hats but I did at the range.

Guest db99wj
I almost got shot working at a range when a girl got a .22 shell down her shirt. She started spinning around with the gun still in hand and her finger on the trigger. To answer the impending question, yes I bodychecked her into the wall in front of her boyfriend and friends and grabbed the gun.

I believe I was there.

I have seen that a few times by the way.

• Moderators

First time I took my wife to the range I forgot to tell her not to wear a tank top. I am proud of her in that when the inevitable happened, the gun went straight down to the counter before she tried to retrieve the hot casing from her boobs. :angel:

This happened when I first started working PD. After I got done with training and probation, they finally cut me loose on my own. This happened the first day I was alone to make it even worse.

I was on bike patrol, which gave me the ability to sneak up on people and ride in between parked cars in parking lots. I see a car with the lights on and engine running so I go check it out. I look in the front seat and the keys are in the ignition (I know some of you folks do that around here, but in Southern California that is a huge no no). I look in the back seat and see a baby blanket. I look harder and I see a little baby face wrapped in the blanket. I get pissed and think some stupid idiot left their baby in the car with the engine running while they went inside the store to get something.

I call it in and let dispatch know what's going on, some other units get sent out, but it's going to be a bit. My trainer is at home, but he was listening to the radio to make sure I was doing ok (He was a great trainer). He calls me on the cell phone, and I tell him what's going on. He tells me to break the window and get the kid out ASAP. I hang up and I start pounding on the window to see if the kid is even alive. Nothing. I really start beating the hell out of the window and rocking the car to see if I get some kind of reaction out of the baby. Nothing. I made as much noise as possible to get this baby to give me some kind of reaction. Nothing.

At this point my heart starts racing, I get really nervous, and decide I need to break the window. I walk to the front passenger side window (and this is where I find out windows are hard to break without a glass breaking tool) and break the window right as the other units pull up. I unlock the doors and go get the baby to check it's vitals. Everybody is around me worried about the baby. The tension couldn't get any worse. I remove the blanket from off of the baby.

Turns out, it was a very small Asian woman who was taking a nap in between classes, and used her kids blanket to keep warm. I didn't get in trouble, but I haven't lived it down to this day. I get reminded about it every few months.

Edited by Dropkick Murphy