I made a M&P9 turn into a Glock, with pics

Kegger

Very scarry stuff and glad your OK, I just got a new holster for my Sig P220 ST today as it was moved into my primary carry weapon, like a boat anchor that can kill but I LOVE THIS GUN, it fits very tight into the new holster and this story will remind me to holster slowly. Thanks for sharing.... COOP

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, we went right back to shooting, but I look like I have no idea what I'm doing when I reholster now. Real slow, finger waaaay away from the gun and staring at the holster like it's coming after me.

And yes the shorts are very nice and I intend to keep wearing them as a reminder.

On another note, the IFAK has been rebuilt and is now on my chest rig. No more being without a TK and bandaging stuffs from now on.

Kegger, much respect for posting this. Always a good reminder. I've been shooting less than a year and back when I first started I screwed up bad!!!! .380 in my bedroom wall. That was a huge wakeup call for me. Glad you're ok man

So... and American-made gun won't shoot you in the butt if it's ND'd, when an Austrian one likely would have? Interesting. :D

J.

The Austrians don't really like us. They tolerate us because we buy a lot of their guns. Yes, they're designed for accidental butt shootings :up::D.

Since Kegger bought American, his butt was saved. And, it's a better gun :)

The Austrians don't really like us. They tolerate us because we buy a lot of their guns. Yes, they're designed for accidental butt shootings :up::D.

Since Kegger bought American, his butt was saved. And, it's a better gun :)

clapping.gif

Guest RedFive

Not to hijack the thread, but my wife and I are new to picking out guns--as it happens, I have been looking at an M&P 9mm, and she wants a Glock 19, so I figure this is a good place to ask about the subject line "I made a M&P9 turn into a Glock" and what it means. She and I have both shot plenty of times, but haven't picked ones out out to buy before.

Thanks for posting, and I'm glad you're ok!

It's a reference to what a lot of people call Glock butt. AKA not being absolutely sure your finger is off the trigger before holstering, or allowing your finger to get to the trigger before the gun is on target.

Exactly what happened to me yesterday.

Has zero bearing on the guns themselves, I like both the M&P and Glocks, just have to have constant situational awareness.

Guest Bronker
...Has zero bearing on the guns themselves, I like both the M&P and Glocks, just have to have constant situational awareness...

The wisdom to be extracted from the thread.

Guest trigem

Glad all is well...

It was caused by a short between the ground & the trigger :confused:

I had one when first started carrying, changed my handling of weapons for ever.

I bought a Blackhawk Serpa holster and trained my finger away from the trigger, it did the trick

Edited by trigem