Pics of House Pets

Guest Armgdnman

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Sadie. We call her princess. Got her from my son when she was a little over a year old. We had recently lost our Golden Retriever and my son was having problems with Sadie. She requires a lot of activity and attention and he was gone too much to do this so she was destructive when he was gone. She is my buddy and is a great dog.

sadie42309.jpg

IMG_4997.jpg

cypressbaylaborday2010022.jpg

Guest Lester Weevils

Ya'll got some cute pets, even the slithery ones!

Here is Bandit, a 3 year old rescue hound. Hyperactive, friendly, and the fastest dog I've seen. He is clumsy in the house but can fly thru underbrush without ever getting hung up. He is an expert at digging holes to China.

Bandit_600.jpg

Travis is an old man, also a rescue hound. Dunno how old he is. He can just about keep up with Bandit for short sprints, but doesn't run all day just for the heck of it. He moves real fast if there is a small furry mammal in-range.

Travis_600.jpg

Nina is a 6 year old pound pup. She was born in the pound. She is really good at fetch. She tries to boss the boys around, but they pay her no mind.

Nina_600.jpg

Gone but not forgotten, Barnum was found as a puppy abandoned in a culvert. She probably had some Australian Shepherd in her. Sweet dog. She would collect turtles and small snakes and bring them in the house for pets. The mighty turtle hunter.

Barnum_600.jpg

Also gone but not forgotten, Bailey was the sweetest Lab. Probably my favorite. A heroic tennis ball fetch dog, as Labs tend to be.

Bailey_600.jpg

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest mosinon
DSC05742.jpg

I suspect if you ask any bulldog servants around here they'd tell you that bulldogs aren't much like other dogs. Those dogs are special, I'd get another one if I knew it would out live me.

Here's Ruby--15 month Golden Doodle. Mom is Golden Retriever and Dad is standard Poodle. MUST sit in my lap every morning while I drink my coffee, and during all thunderstorms! We got her due to my b-in-l and nephew's allergies. Think Mad Scientist Mother Nature, though, made her 95% poodle and 5% retriever--LOL!

20163_1234686579567_1001256532_30573110_7108538_n.jpg

SchumpertSept4__76.jpg

My older daughter wants to be a vet so we indulge her with the pets. There are guinea pigs, snakes, cats, a dog, and fish here. Have had a cockatiel(that we caught), hamsters, rats, mice, frogs and turtles. Probably leaving something out. As far as the small critters go, rats are the best. Way better that hamsters.

This is Cinco. Fifth born from a dumpster saved cat that did not make it to be spayed in time. Doh!!

DSCF0243.jpg

First up is Millie the basset hound. I've had Millie since she was 8 weeks old; she is now just over six (as of 8/31).

th_MillieAtOneYear.jpg

Then comes Maxwell (Max for short). Max was a rescue from the local human society here in Murfreesboro. He is also positive for feline HIV. We don't know how old he is but we think around 8 or 9 years old now (I rescued him in the spring of 2006).

th_Picture001.jpg

Finally; a pic of the two together doing one of the things they do best; nothing at all! :D

th_MillieandMaxwell011.jpg

Guest Glock23ForMe
Thanks Glock23forme. You and I are the "Jim Carter" guys so I think we are better than everyone else.:D LOL...

That's right... Yes, Sir... Do Agree.. Jim Carter is, was, and will always be AWESOME.

What kind of motorcycle is in the background?

My poor ole '98 SuperHawk. I think I have meet you before but can't remember where. I use to ride alot with the guys off Cycleforums.

I suspect if you ask any bulldog servants around here they'd tell you that bulldogs aren't much like other dogs. Those dogs are special, I'd get another one if I knew it would out live me.

I agree completely. Mine is a racist, anti-gun Liberal. He wont mess with me but if anyone else touches a firearm in is sight it is attack mode on.

Right after I got him my best friend showed up with his Mossberg so we could change the stock out. Walked in and went to make sure it was clear. Racked it and the Bulldog was off. Right on him and not one bit happy. My buddy got the shotty between and and BJ and then sit it down against the chair. Dog backed off barked and growled at it for a minute then caussioully walked over and bit the barrel and ran back around the coffee table in triumph. You would swear he was strutting back. Funniest/strangest thing I had ever seen. Guessing someone has peppered him with one before. He is hit or miss whether he will get upset about people handling a gun but pick up a shotgun and realize quickly he is not asleep in the corner. He knows the difference.

Edited by Verne
Guest BoltAction

Our Border Collie mx. We think she's 4 years old. Got her from a rescue in Portland 2 years ago. This year the guy got arrested for running a puppy mill.

IMG_0266.jpg

Guest Sgt. Joe

Shortly after returning from the sandbox I ended up talking with a fellow customer at Lowes. He told me that he had Chocolate Lab pups for sale for $500.00 and that they were quality hunting stock. I told him that I would love to have another Lab but that I could not justify spending that kind of money for a dog.

As I was leaving he was sitting outside waiting for me and told me that he wanted to just give me a pup in thanks for my service, I told him that was not necessary but he insisted and I ended up following him home. He not only had 12 Lab pups but also had 14 Winerimmer (sp?) pups of about the same age. I have never in my life seen so many beautiful pups all in the same place at the same time. They were everywhere!

As I was checking them all out and trying to choose I looked back at my van and this guy was sitting by the drivers door and looked back at me and said "Hurry up, Lets go Home"....really this dog talks. I ended up naming him Cocoa which is far from original for a Chocolate, but is also the name of the town in FL that I grew up in. And so it was done.

Now talk about ruined, this dog is from hunting stock but all he ever hunts is something to eat, someone to pet him or a nice place to lay down. He prefers the love seat and takes up most of it. These pics are from a few years ago and he is a bit bigger, he turned 5 in early Sep. and I am pretty sure he is done growing. He was at the last vist 115 lbs. all muscle and love.:)

HandyCam047.jpg

HandyCam062.jpg

And if the dog was not ruined enough, I street rescued this female Husky a few years back. She was near froze to death and was so under weight that I was not sure she would even make it. I also worried about just how the Lab would react to her.

My worries were completely unfounded as these two dogs are in love, plain and simple. It is almost like they are an older human couple that have been reincarnated and reunited. They lay together and lick each other and nibble on each others ears for hours at a time. They are truly a trip to watch. The Husky has recovered very well and the Vet said that she was nearly if not 100% Husky and that her age was very close to the Labs.

So not only was the Lab already spoiled I brought him home and Angel, she really is a sweet dog. And as you can tell I am quite proud of my critters.:up: They are my early warning detection and protection systems.

DSC00727-1.jpg

DSC00724-1.jpg

And the pics would not be complete without the BOSS, a mini-wiener. An ankle biting, yapping PITA....LOL

HandyCam046.jpg

HandyCam061.jpg