Christmas PIF 2010

brooksjr

I was fortunate to be in on the panel that made decisions for distribution of the monies. Believe me, this is a great charity, and brooksjr has supreme class in how he handles this.

We are fortunate to have him associated with this, and with us. :)

+1

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over $800 received with 11 more that have pledged but will send the money at a later date. I really think we can break $5,000 this year.

Also, I really need y'all to let us know who needs our help. So far I have only received one request for help.

Just under $1,000 received. Still need ideas about who we can help this year.

Well, from what I have seen from the forum, we certainly have a lot of people here that need help, psychologically speaking of course. ;)

Being very new to the forum and not knowing anybody from Adam, I didn't know if I should contribute or not. I ended up contributing for two reasons. First, with economy in the toliet and high unemployment rate, I know people are really hurting this year. Secondly, based upon what I have read on several threads since I joined this forum (Punisher84's Firefighting thread being the most recent example) is that this forum has people of character. So in short, I'm with you fellas.

Like Willis68 said, this is definitely a great "grass-roots" charity and it's really good to know that we are helping people in our own community.

One thing about TGO (and yea my thread was but one example) there are some damn good people here. I am good friends with several Memphis members and have forged very good "long distance" friendships, if you will, with other members. We can all get spirited in a debate, and I think there are a few general straight up a$$holes here (some may think I'm one), but the majority are good, caring people and if they need a little help I'm proud to be there for them, because I know they'd be there for me.

$1,094.50.

I guess everyone in the state is doing good this year since I have only had one request for help. This charity will go no where if you guys don't step up and give us some ideas. Last year we helped 10 families and I was hoping to help more than that this year. So I challenge each of you to be on the lookout for a family in need. They DO NOT have to be a member of this forum.

$1,094.50.

I guess everyone in the state is doing good this year since I have only had one request for help. This charity will go no where if you guys don't step up and give us some ideas. Last year we helped 10 families and I was hoping to help more than that this year. So I challenge each of you to be on the lookout for a family in need. They DO NOT have to be a member of this forum.

It's still early. If not, I have an IRS bill on my desk we could talk about...:)

Why pay your taxes? It seems like so many of our politicians in Washington have done well without paying them.

True, but regular (?) people like me seem to wind up having all our stuff taken away. It's easier to pick on the small guy.

$1,094.50.

I don't know personally know anyone that needs help or I would throw some names out. What if we gave a portion to a local charity. Second harvest? Just throwing some ideas out.

I don't know personally know anyone that needs help or I would throw some names out. What if we gave a portion to a local charity. Second harvest? Just throwing some ideas out.

Lat year we did send $1,000, of the $4,100 donated, to Toys for Tots.

BTTT :)

Thanks Erik. My son is having surgery tomorrow so the PIF has kind of been pushed onto the back burner for me.

Guys if we don't get some ideas of who to help we may have to give the money to a charity this year. Not that there is anything wrong with that but this was started to help individual families.

• 2 weeks later...