Recruiters told they can accept openly gay applicants.

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
It has to do with there being two different sexes. With all the urinals men dont have room for couches, chairs, a coffee table and magazines.

I would be fine with mixed sex showers.

Well as long as you are on board with the mixed sex showers the parity is found and we can move on :D

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see this as being an issue that would require me to join to have a see for myself to formulate my opinion.

No, but I can assure you that you'd have a different opinion if you'd ever been there. Then you'd know how trivial the whole thing actually is.

You'd probably see more clearly how trivial many things actually are. :bow:

And yes knowledge may be helpful if you can do something about it (as mentioned earlier at later points in the military experience) but I am not sure how much help if offers when you are ordered to do something...Currently we have a system with an less than desirable attribute in which gay men and lesbian women are allowed to shower with their respective genders but this is simply the result of not being able to tell whether someone is homosexual or not be an external objective test. However if they were to freely admit it I dont see why precautions couldnt be taken then?

Because, for the 19th time now, it's just not important enough to worry about. It's a grossly over-inflated issue.

Hell, when I was taking basic training, we had women ( civilian and military ) in and out of our barracks all the time, while we were running back and forth from the showers with nothing more than a towel, if that, many times. And nobody made a big deal out of it. Why? Because when you go into a military barracks, even as a visitor, there's certain things you're going to see, and certain things that're gonna happen.

In this case, the recruits were too busy trying to get their asses dressed, and get where they were supposed to be, to worry about who was lookin' at 'em. And the women, I suppose, understood that as well, I guess. I dunno... never really got the chance to ask one of 'em. :D

Also I realize you are forced to just suck it up and deal with things. Here the question is whether the one to suck it up is the homosexual who is told to keep their sexual preferences to themselves or the heterosexual person who is told they have to shower with them.

Again, doesn't matter if their preferences are known or not, 'cause ain't nobody allowed to suck up anything anyway... so it's just not a problem. ;)

What is the reason behind not supporting separate bathing facilities? Cost and expenses to the taxpayer? If so then having everyone use one big shower room seems like it would save even more money...Strangely though many dont see to be onboard with the idea of their daughter being told to use the same shower with both men and women :love:

Because 4 different shower facilities is just stupid and expensive, any way you look at it, and unnecessary besides.

And if a person's daughter joins the military, it really don't matter what mom and pop think, because it's all up to the kid and Uncle Sam.

Besides, if most parents knew everything their kids got up to, military or not, they'd have a royal cow anyway. And most parents, whether they'll admit it or not, know it.

Talk about a case of "don't ask, don't tell". :D

Edited by Jamie
Ah, thought you were talking about the wooden ones. I'm looking at a google maps, and hell, I can't find anything on it that I remember. Man it has been a long time. I was in the 4-story (I think) ones on Wilson Road.

Hell man, that was 30 years ago for me... All I really remember was that the wooden ones had no insulation, or even wall board on the inside, and were cold as hell the one night I spent in 'em... and that the brick ones were Cadillacs by comparison.

Guest clsutton21
Well if you accept the King James Version of the Bible it uses the term abomination to describe homosexuality...A term it doesnt use to describe other sins so arguably homosexuality is not "a sin is a sin".

It is from my understanding God will forgive your sins if you accept him and repent of your sins ie; turn from your sinful ways. Yes Christians will sin but if you truly accept and love God you will try to avoid sinning. That would include not actively engaging in a sinful lifestyle. Sure a person with homosexual tendencies may slip up but they can be forgiven if the meet the requisite requirements of belief and repentance.

I haven't read all the stuff posted here, but you have a few things wrong. I'm a non-christian and it's sad I know the bible better than you.

First of all, the Bible says that a sin is a sin is a sin. There are no small sins and no large sins. A sin is always a sin and there is no ranking.

Next, the Bible is a translation. I'm about 100% sure the word abomination wasn't a word when the Bible was written. You can't go off the english translations of anything that old, there is no word-for-word translation.

I have no problem with gays and lesbians to have the right to fight for and die, if necessary, for their country.

The aspect of separate showers and restrooms and stuff is mostly fear mongering.

Damn did everyone go to Ft. Knox? Lol I miss that place :stare:

I wanna know when this became a shower thread in the last few hours? 8 billion pages about washing your ass. Did dude have a bad experience at camp or something?

For me it's simple, if you're gay and scoping me out hey thanks for the confidence boost, just don't get any ideas because I'm only giving a confidence boost to the blonde gal in the unisex showers!

How gays got tied in with hormonal frat boys is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the reason behind not supporting separate bathing facilities? Cost and expenses to the taxpayer? If so then having everyone use one big shower room seems like it would save even more money...Strangely though many dont see to be onboard with the idea of their daughter being told to use the same shower with both men and women :stare:
Sounds good to me, now that you mention it. Let's call it... Separate but equal. Instead of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, we'll call it You Better Tell Because the Rednecks Don't Want to get Wet Near You, and all the gays and lesbians will be forced to wear upside down rainbow tags. They will be scheduled to shower individually, which in the situation with most bases, at 6 minutes each, should take just over 3 days to cycle through. But we won't have to worry about...

Or you could man up and take your damn shower. Men and women are different. Men and men are not. If you can't deal with it, don't sign up. If you can do the job you're assigned, do it.

I commend you. You have kept to your guns about the shower thing after being told repeatedly by current and former members of the military service that it is a nonissue, but you beat the dead horse like no one has answered the question. I guess I'll admit defeat in hopes you'll let it go. I'm certain you'll never admit that you hold an indefensible stance because every arguement you have made thus far has long since been defeated. For proof, replace the word gay with black, japanese, woman, etc. It's bigotry and a double standard.

I'm just tired of this.

BTW, my brother has a theory regarding gay men...

He says he believes about half of 'em were just born that way... and that the other half just got sucked into it.

:stare:

Damn did everyone go to Ft. Knox? Lol I miss that place ;)

Probably most everyone who had anything to do with armor.

And no, I can't really say I miss it.

I wanna know when this became a shower thread in the last few hours? 8 billion pages about washing your ass. Did dude have a bad experience at camp or something?

Could be that he didn't, and is jealous because of it. :P

For me it's simple, if you're gay and scoping me out hey thanks for the confidence boost, just don't get any ideas because I'm only giving a confidence boost to the blonde gal in the unisex showers!

Funny, but all of the women I saw while in the military that I would've like to have gotten cozy with all had bars on their collars... the rest looked like they should be wearing collars, if you know what I mean...

How gays got tied in with hormonal frat boys is beyond me.

Probably has something to do with a college boy entering the debate... :stare:;)

Great thread until all the shower crap.

If the most flaming gayest dude at the gym hits the shower at the same time I do, I can only wait for him to finish or take my shower and deal with it. I could be a jerk to the manager about it, but that wouldn't change a thing. There is no current legal obligation to provide heterosexual-only showers.

Of course, as a civilian, my only concern is to get home in time to watch Stargate Universe. If I'm in the military, I'm sure I have much more pressing matters.

Why would they worry about multiple restrooms when nobody else does anywhere else in our daily lives?

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

Guest Sgt. Joe
I would dare say there are some gay members of this board.

You all need to sound off and give us some insight.

Really?:stare:

Could we just not use "Dont ask Dont tell" here? ;)

Oh wait......1A....I forgot....;)

Go ahead yall SOUND OFF:popcorn:

News flash:

(Not gay, but I might be part lesbian, no kidding).

Actually, flash is that newest ruling has been put on hold, so DADT is again the official policy.

Good thing, since the federal government indeed cannot manage a circle jerk.

- OS

News flash:

(Not gay, but I might be part lesbian, no kidding).

Actually, flash is that newest ruling has been put on hold, so DADT is again the official policy.

Good thing, since the federal government indeed cannot manage a circle jerk.

- OS

You mean we're gonna kick all the homos out of the shower again??? Damn

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se
I haven't read all the stuff posted here, but you have a few things wrong. I'm a non-christian and it's sad I know the bible better than you.

First of all, the Bible says that a sin is a sin is a sin. There are no small sins and no large sins. A sin is always a sin and there is no ranking.

Next, the Bible is a translation. I'm about 100% sure the word abomination wasn't a word when the Bible was written. You can't go off the english translations of anything that old, there is no word-for-word translation.

Well again I would say we have a difference of opinion. There is no proof you know the Bible better than me good sir so you may want to reevaluate your statement. And again I said it was my understanding. However you seem to assert you are absolutely correct :) Thats risky business my friend.