Buffalo Wild Wings letter.

Guest sL1k

I have made the decision to no longer dine at Buffalo Wild wings which saddens me because i love the food. I roughly spend around $400 a year at your locations (over the last 10 years). But i have convinced 4 other friends who dine with me to no longer dine in your resturants. The reason behind this is because you are not allowing legal handgun permit holders to enter while carrying. To have a handgun carry permit you must have no felony convictions, no class a or b misdemeanors within the last 5 years, pass both state and federal background checks, be not delinquent in child support, student loans or state/local taxes. How much do you know about your other customers? Your sign only stops the legal permit holders from bringing a handgun into your locations a criminal is NOT going to pay attention to a sign. Your company is now on the list at multiple websites as a business that prohibits legal handgun carry on their property. Chili's and Ruby Tuesdays will be recieving more business from me and friends as they currently have a favorable policy. I really do hope you reconsider your policy.

Their Reply.

DAdams@buffalowildwings.com

Dear Mr. Davis,

“Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms but we do not believe they are appropriate inside of a public restaurant. We are focused on the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of our guests and have elected to exercise our right to restrict the carrying of firearms in our restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this policy is in the best interest of all of our guests and our Team Members.”

Thank You,

Guest Relations

Buffalo Wild Wings

5500 Wayzata Blvd.

Suite 1600

Minneapolis, MN 55416

800-499-9586

My reply.

I do hope that you realize that criminals are the only people that will have firearms in your restaurant. I have explained what a legal permitted citizen has to comply with in order to carry a firearm. Until your companies stance is changed on this issue I will ensure that neither my friends or family will be patrons at your establishments. You do state that you value the safety of your guest but over 6 million Americans have went through the permit process so that they would feel safe. Your companies stance really sent the message that criminals are safe in your restaurants because because legal permit holders are not allowed to carry there.

Thank you for your time

Daniel Davis

Edited by sL1k
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tnxdshooter

I've written many a letter and get pretty much the same form letter reply. They dont care non of them due. I think until one of us has to disarm and go in there and then a criminal comes in and robs the place and one of us gets shot and sues or our family sues on our behalf they will continue doing what they are doing. Maybe we could get the NRA to start suing these people for something or other (i am sure they could figure out something). I have now stopped writing these places cuz they dont give a damn about their customers all they care about is money. It will take a law suit over something catastrophic before anything is done.

Guest uofmeet

I will now also stop dining at buffalo wild wings. Haven't been their since I got my permity, so i didn't know if they posted or not. I am also done with hooters since the one where i normally go to is posted. I even mentioned something to the manager on my way out the last time i went to hooters. but he didn't seem to care. Guess i will start hitting up the local places when i want wings...

Well im hoping one day these businesses will wake up to the fact that they are actually driving away money, and creating an unsafe environment by their stance. Either ignorance must be bliss to them or they have been drinking the :).

I will now also stop dining at buffalo wild wings. Haven't been their since I got my permity, so i didn't know if they posted or not.

The locations in the Memphis area ARE posted. Its been a while since I've been there...I don't recall if it meets the requirements, but I think it does.

Guest Lester Weevils
in your e-mails to them include this sign so they may understand better.

swyf6c.png

I suppose it would be anti-social to laser-print that sign 4 to a page on peel-off sticky paper (4 X 5.5 inch signs) and surreptitiously paste the stickers right by the gun-buster signs on establishment doors. :(

I suppose it would be anti-social to laser-print that sign 4 to a page on peel-off sticky paper (4 X 5.5 inch signs) and surreptitiously paste the stickers right by the gun-buster signs on establishment doors. :(

I like the way you think.

Haven't been to the Smyrna BWW for a couple months, but they weren't posted the last time I was there. Hope they don't but won't hesitate to mark them off the list if they do. Too many good places to eat who haven't posted.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

Whenever a company representative makes a statement such as, "We respect the rights of individuals to carry firearms, but," or "We respect our customer's Second Amendment rights, but," it makes me think of someone saying, "I'm not a rascist but I don't like (insert racial slur here)." In other words, I want to say, "Bull****. The only applicable conjuction is "or" as in, "Either you respect the right or you don't." There is no 'but'.

To be truthful, the 'We respect the right...but," crap pisses me off a lot more than when a place just posts without the 'qualifying' statement.

I will buy a bunch of them...and i dont give a rats ass if its antisocial or not...ill stick 'em on every place i see that is posted. Just let me know where to send the cash.

Better question is whether or not it's legal...

Guest ArmyVeteran37214
Better question is whether or not it's legal...

I would guess that it is illegal. However, whose to say what happens at O'dark thiry in the morning!

The one on the Strip at UT is not posted in any way.

I walked by with this thread in mind today. Matter of fact, was gonna take some wings home, but didn't, as total incompetence and rudeness reigned behind the register. So I left wingless, and wrote BWW when I got home.

- OS

I like the way you think.
I will buy a bunch of them...and i dont give a rats ass if its antisocial or not...ill stick 'em on every place i see that is posted. Just let me know where to send the cash.
I would guess that it is illegal. However, whose to say what happens at O'dark thiry in the morning!
If WHAT is illegal?...putting a sticker on someone else's establishment?...well...of course it's illegal....if they SEE you do it...
Its only illegal if you get caught.

Make them with the super sticky glue so they wont come off.

...and y'all have been seen/caught.

Please do not continue to discuss illegal activites on TGO.

Thanks....