Enough I don't like....who do you like?

We have plenty of people on here that are very vocal about who they don't think is or would be good as president. A lot don't like Obama. A lot don't McCain. A lot don't like Palin, etc. etc.

So let's hear who you think would be a good President. It doesn't matter if they don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning, because you can never be sure of the future.

The first person that comes to mind for me is Fred Thompson. A man with common sense.

Glenn

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oldsmobile98

Guilty as charged of the negativity. Thanks for the reminder.

Judge Andrew Napolitano and Ron Paul are phenomenal. If either of them makes a political statement, I'm gonna be paying attention to it for sure.

John Duncan, Jim DeMint, John Thune, and Tom Coburn are in the right area on most stuff.

If any of the above had a presidential campaign, I would definitely consider volunteering.

I'll stick with Palin because of what she said on Freedom Watch with the Judge when he

asked her about her ambitions. She said if no one steps up to the plate with enough

popularity and conservative credentials, sure, she would. But she also said she would like to

find the best candidate and support that person. She makes no bones about it. The woman's

a winner. Keep an eye on her. Her base is growing.

Thompson probably won't consider due to his age. Ron Paul would be good as far as I'm

concerned. Herman Cain? I like him, too. Is he a possibility? He's good on the radio.

As far as black candidates go, though, give them a few years and you might see a few more

like Alan West appear on the horizon. A conservative black Republican that is popular would

dominate, especially after this dismal Democrat failure.

The more I see the push back from the Republicans, like their earmark battle, the more I like

what the Tea Party crowd is doing: infusing that new blood, with conservative/libertarian

ideas.

Rotate the crop and we will be alright.

Even though he was just elected to Congress, Lt. Col. Allen West has more character in his little finger than the current COC has in his whole body. Depending on how he does over the next few years, I think I might like to see him as a contender in 2016.

Guest strelcevina

How about Bill Gates or Steve Jobs

New world is coming , virtual borders have to be protected more than fiscal borders .

We need a Jung people who will write a Virtual constitution where 2 amendment is right to have free internet .

Old people with some 100 years old morals don't really fit to our new world and they just slowing down process .

So move to the side, of course with all do respect :lol:

New world is coming , virtual borders have to be protected more than fiscal borders .

We need a Jung people who will write a Virtual constitution where 2 amendment is right to have free internet .

Old people with some 100 years old morals don't really fit to our new world and they just slowing down process .

Nope. New world is here every day, strel. Those 100 years old morals aren't morals anyway. They apply to everything that goes on today. You could strip out all the amendments, except the Bill of Rights, and this country could still function. The Constitution is about restricting what the federal government can do, not letting the government restrict freedom. The government should have no business stifling man's creativity unless it is a criminal act against another man.

The US Constitution should be protected at all costs. It is the only guardian of our freedom, along with "we the people".

The internet is important, but a virtual "anything" is still virtual.

"The term has been defined in philosophy as "that which is not real" but may display the salient qualities of the real. Colloquially, 'virtual' is used to mean almost, particularly when used in the adverbial form e.g. "That's virtually [almost] impossible"." Yes, from Wikipedia.

Do you want a virtual constitution to go along with that virtual world? I try to stay in the "real world". It's hard enough for me to understand.

They are not morals after they become the law of the land. They are laws. I am not going to where

it came from. That's a history lesson for someone else to give.

Edited by 6.8 AR

HUH???

I like puppies.

I do not like politicians.

So far, I have yet to see a statesman(woman) step up. So. None right now.

As for the GOP situation in 2012:

Palin has too much ego to stay out of the race. Wonder if it got tough she would quit, like she did as Governor of Alaska.

Mike Huckabee will run, and I like several of his viewpoints, but he is a former Southern Baptist Minister. I like the idea of separation of Church and State...

Mitt Romney - comes off as plastic, but I do like what he did with the Mass State Budget. But, he is from Mass... Prefer southern Presidents over Northern. And he is a Mormon, which would be a hurdle to overcome. But hey, Kennedy did it being a Catholic...

David Petraeus has been kicked around. Interesting thought, as he seems to be even keeled and an outside the box thinker. Downside,in general, Generals do not do well as Presidents... And I do not know if he has political ambitions.

Rudy Giuliani - No. No. No. All one has to do is look at the laws and regulations of NYC. He would be anti-gun and would push looking for terrorists over the Constitutional Rights of the citizen.

Newt Gingrich- Has become mild in his older age. My issue with him is he is a hypocrite. Blasted Clinton for his affair with Monica Lewinsky while he was having an affair at the same time. Failed in being effective as Leader of the House during the last time the GOP really controlled it.

Bobby Jindal. Liked his initial response to the oil spill (though his state still did not do enough and sided a bit too much with BP.) He did not fair well in his response to O's first State of the Union Address. Came off poorly, and out of touch. Ouch. Sadly, his race would be a hurdle to overcome.

Jeb Bush. No more of the "Bush Dynasty" please. The last one put us in the poor house.

Lindsey Graham. Conservative. War Vet. (Albeit being an attorney.) Aligned too much with McCain (was McCain Co-Chair for election...)

Ron Paul. Independent thinker. Some interesting views. Too old (Sadly, the Presidency ages one very rapidly.) And too outside the mainstream of the GOP to get elected.

I am thinking Mike Huckabee might be the best of the bunch, unless Petraeus decided to become

political.

Strel, yes the internet is very important. However, virtual reality does not equal reality. Jobs and Gates are no where near the people needed in politics. Jobs too vindictive and too territorial. Gates comes off as intelligent, with little social skills. Neither would fare well in politics.

Edited by HvyMtl
spellin

Ignoring my earlier smartass post, I really don't know who I would like to see as the president. I can name so many reasons why I don't like the potential current crop of 2012 contenders. Out of the big names mentioned, I guess Palin would get my vote. All of the other big names, outside of Paul, Thompson, and Palin are too "beltway" type. I don't like Huckabee, Romney (whom I did vote for in the primary), Ginrich, or Pawlenty.

I know it is still very early, but the fat man (Chris Christie) in NJ is doing some good things in an extremely liberal state. I like Tom Tancredo too. I really wanted him to win in Colorado.

Someone like Judge Napolitano would be ideal, but that is all pie in the sky.