Wikileaks Documents

I think this entire story is nothing but a pant load. The whole thing stinks. You have the left and media running around claiming that this jerkweed is endangering our troops and other peoples lives. Oh really? I absolutely love how the left and media are so concerned about our troops now.

Back in 2007, Speaker Pelosi was pushing forth a resolution against the Aremenian genocide that occured almost a century ago. Everyone knew that this was nothing more than a partisan political attack that would have certainly brought harm to our troops and weakened our military campaign. Where was the outcry from the media and all the bleeding hearts then?

Or what about when Pelosi and her ilk decided to visit Syria and work out their own foreign policy? Not much was said about that one.

You had congressman Murtha say that our troops overreacted and killed in cold blood. Deafening silence.

Senator Kerry said troops were terrorizing women in children in the dead of night. Hmmm, pretty quiet on that one as well.

Senate leader Reid claimed the war was lost. Talk about boosting the morale of your enemy.

And the best for last. Senator Obama claiming our troops are doing nothing but air raiding villages and killing civilians.

I could go on and on. All of the above show the statist-left's concern is for nothing more than themselves and their power.

Now you have some jackass that releases a bunch of "classified" (not top secret) documents that show diplomats doing and saying things they ought not to be. Don't get me wrong, I don't condone what this Assange has done at all, and I believe the military person that supplied him with the documents should be prosecuted. However, I think what we are seeing in the media is nothing more than a diversionary tactic of shifting all the blame on Assange instead of forcing the diplomats, who made the comments, to own up to what they said. If this happened in the private sector, more than likely they would have been fired. This has basically become a c.y.a. situation.

I am sick of all the feigned moral indignation that I am seeing in the media and from the administration over this story. Where the hell were they, and where was all of this outrage when crap was being said and done that was millions of times worse?

As a final note, if this Assange fellow had leaked "top secret" or highly classified documents I would have him shot and so would our government.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find these leaks to be quite timely. While everyone was focusing on Wikileaks, did you happen to see what was passed (this morning) in the Senate? S510 the Food Safety Modernization Act was passed by a vote of 73 to 25. It will do the following if signed into law:

1. It puts all US food and all US farms under Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, in the event of contamination or an ill-defined emergency. It resembles the Kissinger Plan.

2. It would end US sovereignty over its own food supply by insisting on compliance with the WTO, thus threatening national security. It would end the Uruguay Round Agreement Act of 1994, which put US sovereignty and US law under perfect protection. Instead, S 510 says:

COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS. Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.

3. It would allow the government, under Maritime Law, to define the introduction of any food into commerce (even direct sales between individuals) as smuggling into “the United States.†Since under that law, the US is a corporate entity and not a location, “entry of food into the US†covers food produced anywhere within the land mass of this country and “entering into†it by virtue of being produced.

4. It imposes Codex Alimentarius on the US, a global system of control over food. It allows the United Nations (UN), World Health Organization (WHO), UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and the WTO to take control of every food on earth and remove access to natural food supplements. Its bizarre history and its expected impact in limiting access to adequate nutrition (while mandating GM food, GM animals, pesticides, hormones, irradiation of food, etc.) threatens all safe and organic food and health itself, since the world knows now it needs vitamins to survive, not just to treat illnesses.

5. It would remove the right to clean, store and thus own seed in the US, putting control of seeds in the hands of Monsanto and other multinationals, threatening US security. See Seeds – How to criminalize them, for more details.

6. It includes NAIS, an animal traceability program that threatens all small farmers and ranchers raising animals. The UN is participating through the WHO, FAO, WTO, and World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) in allowing mass slaughter of even heritage breeds of animals and without proof of disease. Biodiversity in farm animals is being wiped out to substitute genetically engineered animals on which corporations hold patents. Animal diseases can be falsely declared. S 510 includes the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), despite its corrupt involvement in the H1N1 scandal, which is now said to have been concocted by the corporations.

7. It extends a failed and destructive HACCP to all food, thus threatening to do to all local food production and farming what HACCP did to meat production – put it in corporate hands and worsen food safety.

8. It deconstructs what is left of the American economy. It takes agriculture and food, which are the cornerstone of all economies, out of the hands of the citizenry, and puts them under the total control of multinational corporations influencing the UN, WHO, FAO and WTO, with HHS, and CDC, acting as agents, with Homeland Security as the enforcer. The chance to rebuild the economy based on farming, ranching, gardens, food production, natural health, and all the jobs, tools and connected occupations would be eliminated.

9. It would allow the government to mandate antibiotics, hormones, slaughterhouse waste, pesticides and GMOs. This would industrialize every farm in the US, eliminate local organic farming, greatly increase global warming from increased use of oil-based products and long-distance delivery of foods, and make food even more unsafe. The five items listed — the Five Pillars of Food Safety — are precisely the items in the food supply which are the primary source of its danger.

10. It uses food crimes as the entry into police state power and control. The bill postpones defining all the regulations to be imposed; postpones defining crimes to

be punished, postpones defining penalties to be applied. It removes fundamental constitutional protections from all citizens in the country, making them subject to a corporate tribunal with unlimited power and penalties, and without judicial review. It is (similar to C-6 in Canada) the end of Rule of Law in the US. S 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act*, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US. It is to our food what the bailout was to our economy, only we can live without money. “If accepted would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.†~Dr. Shiv Chopra

I don't wish to high-jack the thread, but I wanted to show you what you might have missed. I agree with a previous post; I have read (sorry no link at this second) outside of Becks website that Wikileaks is funded through one of Soros' groups. Personally I can't imagine how someone would "leak" this many documents and not get caught. Blame it on this disgruntled PFC? Not plausible. IMO, I think Wikileaks is tied to one of the alphabet agencies. I can't prove it, but something doesn't pass the smell test here.

...Personally I can't imagine how someone would "leak" this many documents and not get caught....

I don't believe up till now anyone has been officially trying to "catch him".

Until today:

"The International Criminal Police Organization, better known as Interpol, has added WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange to its wanted list.The notice, issued earlier today, targets Julian Paul Assange, listed as a 39-year-old male from Townsville, Australia, for sex crimes. The warrant for his arrest that sparked the Interpol listing comes from the International Public Prosecution Office in Gothenberg, Sweden."

WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange Wanted By Interpol

- OS

1. It puts all US food and all US farms under Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, in the event of contamination or an ill-defined emergency. It resembles the Kissinger Plan. ....

Okay, just hold it right there. While probably no big expansion of any Cabinet Department bodes much more than more cost, bureaucracy, I'm not going to give Shiv Copra's diatribe that quoted any credence right off the bat, since the very first statement is totally false.

The only mention I see anywhere in the thing to Homeland Security is that they will report once a year regarding the Food and Agriculture Councils that report to THEM.

Certainly, saying that all US farms will be "under DHS" is simply false. I'll have to research this particular Copra guy, but right off the bat his synopsis of the bill makes Glen Beck's seem downright tame, and I invoke :) warning. (I could be wrong, of course).

The official synopsis of the bill can be found any number of places, like here:

S. 510 - Summary: FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (GovTrack.us)

- OS

I think to use this as an excuse to censor the internet....and they probably will as they are trying hard to pass such legislation, would be more treasonous than the reason for doing so.

I am glad this info leaked because it at least shows some 100% true documentation of what is going on in certain parts of the world. We can't trust the media so I am glad to finally get to read some information that is unbiased. If our government isn't going to protect it's documents then they have only themselves to blame. I'm all for transparency as the under the table backroom stuff is why this country is involved in conflicts they have no business in and why the American people can't trust the decisions of a government who hides behind a biased media who only prints what they want the people to hear.

Get it out in the open and let the American people see what our government is doing.....less secrets...more facts...better U.S.A.

This is a really hard one for me. In one way I see needing to keep some things secret, but in other ways our federal government has gotten so out of control that we really need tons of "secret" information released because the government IS supposed to be ruled by US.

To those who say this puts our troops at harm, I want to remind you that it wouldn't put our troops in harm if politicians weren't running the war. If we let the military run the wars the way the should be run we would have been out of there long ago.

To those who say this puts our troops at harm, I want to remind you that it wouldn't put our troops in harm if politicians weren't running the war. If we let the military run the wars the way the should be run we would have been out of there long ago.

Thing is, I am having trouble figuring out how releasing 'classified' documents that contain mainly catty remarks from U.S. delegates, etc. about other countries' delegates and leaders could possibly put our troops in harm's way. The few, actual examples of these 'communications' I have seen read more like an episode of "Real Housewives of Washington, D.C." than anything else.

Even if they contained more serious information, for those who are so concerned about other governments getting ahold of these documents, c'mon. Really. If some pissant website can get them do you not think those very same foreign governments would already have them if they wanted them? Do you really think Wikileaks could gain access to information that world governments and international espionage agents could not? The only people who would give a crap about this info and who would have access to this info now but wouldn't have been able to get it, anyway, are the citizens of the U.S.

ETA: You know, come to think of it, there could be something this leak did that might not have had as much impact if not for the 'leak' - it shows that Saudi Arabia and other such countries are pushing for action to be taken against Iran. That's pretty clever as the Saudis might not admit it publicly - at least not in as strong a statement as 'cut the head off the snake' - and Iran probably wouldn't put as much stock in an official statement from the U.S. that the Saudis felt that way. For stuff like that to be mingled in with a lot of other communications that appear to be pretty much fluff - right about the time there is a cyberattack on Iran and carbombs killed one of their nuclear scientists and wounded another - makes it look like Wikileaks may have just gotten played and the information was released accidentally on purpose by one of our own agencies.

Edited by JAB
I don't believe up till now anyone has been officially trying to "catch him".

Until today:

"The International Criminal Police Organization, better known as Interpol, has added WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange to its wanted list.The notice, issued earlier today, targets Julian Paul Assange, listed as a 39-year-old male from Townsville, Australia, for sex crimes. The warrant for his arrest that sparked the Interpol listing comes from the International Public Prosecution Office in Gothenberg, Sweden."

WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange Wanted By Interpol

- OS

My point about releasing that many documents wasn't directed at Assange and Wikileaks, it was for the individual(s) within the gov't. How would someone secure this much information and not raise some kind of alarm unless it was meant to happen? In this day and age, with all the technological advances, I don't believe this could have happened covertly.

Our government has a valid need to keep secrets. We just need to be paying more attention

to who we put in responsible positions. Too many people don't think this stuff affects them.

That's the way tyranny happens.

BTW. For those that keep on deriding Beck. Prove what he says is a lie, or just wrong, please.

It's okay to not like someone, I have my list, also, but disliking doesn't disqualify one, it only tempers

one's opinion about him. He wouldn't be making the money he does if he was being proven wrong.

He even asks you to question what he says, and do your own homework. If you choose to deride

instead of your homework, you are the one that might be short changing yourself. I don't watch him

every day, don't have time to. But then I don't get my information from moveon.org, like some on

here have.

Beck has connected a lot of dots between George Soros and progressive politics in this country that

we might have never known about because no one else talks about him.

I get my information from a lot of places, not just Beck.

Beck is a story teller. How are you going to prove him wrong? Has anybody proved him right either? Soros being an active progressive doesn't really set him apart. Beck infuriates me because he takes his listeners' eyes off the ball. Soros ain't our problem. Progressives are certainly part of the problem, but Soros isn't as powerful as some of the others. He's just a Beck trademark.

We can't get to the real solutions because of the Becks of the world. I've given up on solutions, but I'll continue to take stabs at radical whack jobs like Beck, even if there is a smattering of truth in SOME of his crap. I only have to be lied to once to consider somebody a liar. I just hope Beck KNOWS he's lying, because the other possibility is even scarier.

Get it out in the open and let the American people see what our government is doing.....less secrets...more facts...better U.S.A.

That's what the Pentagon Papers were all about.

These were top secret docs, and of course the reason they were top secret was that they showed the truth about how the Johnson administration had consistently lied from the gitgo about the Vietnam War. Lied to the public, and to congress.

And then when the gummit decided to try him for espionage, the administration was so dirty in the tactics used to get the goods on Ellsberg that the judge threw the whole thing out as mistrial and it was never tried again.

- OS

BTW. For those that keep on deriding Beck. Prove what he says is a lie, or just wrong, please... Beck has connected a lot of dots between George Soros and progressive politics in this country that we might have never known about because no one else talks about him.

I get my information from a lot of places, not just Beck.

This... is great. He usually has video/audio from the source backing him up. Yeah, he's pretty passionate... and remember, it wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.

Beck is a story teller. How are you going to prove him wrong? Has anybody proved him right either?...

Every time I think Beck has totally checked into Loonville, I pay a little more attention to his documentation, and you know what, most of everything he uses to support his theses IS there, either on tape or in print.

I think Beck would actually be better tolerated and hence credited if his show were in print rather than TV. I agree with 6.8 AR that he is a polarizing figure, generating both adoration and contempt. But I believe most of the contempt is there because of personality clash, and it would be helpful for those folks to pay more attention to his investigative reporting than to his emotional delivery of it.

- OS

Every time I think Beck has totally checked into Loonville, I pay a little more attention to his documentation, and you know what, most of everything he uses to support his theses IS there, either on tape or in print.

I think Beck would actually be better tolerated and hence credited if his show were in print rather than TV. I agree with 6.8 AR that he is a polarizing figure, generating both adoration and contempt. But I believe most of the contempt is there because of personality clash, and it would be helpful for those folks to pay more attention to his investigative reporting than to his emotional delivery of it.

- OS

I used to like Beck, and it wasn't that long ago.

I'm just glad someone is watching people like George Soros. Beck is quite the drama queen sometimes,

but when you compare him to Keith Olberman(sp?) and Chris Matthews, need I say more?

One good thing about the internet is you can read something without the theatrics, sometimes. It

can be easier to gain some clarity if the sources are good.

Originally Posted by Kenstaroni viewpost-right.png

...That's what the Pentagon Papers were all about.

These were top secret docs, and of course the reason they were top secret was that they showed the truth about how the Johnson administration had consistently lied from the gitgo about the Vietnam War. Lied to the public, and to congress.

And then when the gummit decided to try him for espionage, the administration was so dirty in the tactics used to get the goods on Ellsberg that the judge threw the whole thing out as mistrial and it was never tried again.

- OS

Folks:____________

OS hit a homerun right here. The administration, the bureauracy, the Pentagon, the State Department, and our allies are concerned that the "real truth" will come out about our involvement and mischief in bunches of places around the world. The truth is that we regularly do some pretty henious things, that the polititians and some of their accomplices in the military are, in fact, running a series of "political wars" in various places around the world; and doing exactly what the politicos did in vietnam.

As the great Smedley Butler said of World War I; "...War is a racket, and the cost is reckoned in innocent lives (...for the most part, American soldiers...) and the profits reckoned in (...mega...) dollars (...and influence...)".....

To pharaphrase OS's eloquent observation: "..the gubment is (...and has been...) lying about lots of things to lots of people...". Their political actions have made the middle east "Vietnam" and i believe that they are deathly afraid that some of these leaked cables will bear out that suspicion and give concrete proof to their involvement in this 'kabal".

I firmly believe the indignation and rage you see is the product of a real fear that the truth will come out and both sides of the aisle will be saddled with it (...and, by the way, i think both sides are guilty...). If these things come out; it will give the american people a shocking look at exactly how sorry our foreign policy is and how completely morally bankrupt the majority of politicos and bureaucrats who are calling the shots in this "theatre of operations" are at this juncture in our nation's history.

I predict that if this does come out, everybody will have the pitchforks out and will be calling for a clean sweep of many old time polititians and career bureaucrats that are currently residing inside the beltway. I say: "...let it happen..."

Food for thought

Leroy

So, who should be charged? The guy who stole the information and violated his oath... thrown him und3er the bus, he's the only one in this mess that has broken the law.

Federal law states that anyone who distributes classified government documents can be charged with a felony, ergo The New York Times and any other media outlet that reproduced all or part of the documents are guilty. Don't hold your breath for this DOJ to file charges.

1. Find the Sources.

2. Prosecute them - file Treason charges, and / or spying Charges.

3. Put them in the worst prison environment in existence in the U.S.

As for Wikileaks, well...

1. Designate the group as a terrorist site, as they are putting troops and diplomats at risk.

2. Request the government of Sweden (and other nations where wikileaks servers are located) to discontinue their internet access.

3. As a designated terrorist group, request under previously established agreements, a freezing of their assets and their founder's assets.

4. Aid in the capture of the founder, and make sure he stands trial for the rape accusation against him...

I'd agree with your position and proposal. Reasonable and the only way I could reckon we can stop this type of thing. And as so many are saying, the government (our EMPLOYEES) need to take a strain on document security and clean house of those who fell asleep at the wheel. One thing that stands out to me: the kid who is in jail now bragged about copying info onto a CD he took in to work. When I worked for a Defense Contractor in San Diego, no computer that was connected to our network was allowed to have any writeable drives - USB, internal, etc - to avoid anyone copying anything and taking it out the door. There were allowable exceptions, with a form of two person integrity in place. My :(

Tim - you are right about our DOJ being a do-nothing gang of people. I cannot figure out what it would take for them to do anything, unless it is someone who opposes the current agenda and then maybe they'd spring into action. But steal secrets, threaten voters, be a terrorist who could be tried by military court - nahhh, let it go.