I had to put down my buddy today

ZZRguy

Tweety had a knot in his in Oct and we took him to the vet and had it removed and the vet sent it out for a biopsy and it was thyroid cancer. Another knot came back less than a month later. The Vet said it was a fast growing cancer and if we treated with chemo it would only extend his life another 6 months, but we did not want to put him through. We had to put him to sleep today, he was buddy for the past seven and a half years.

MeTweety.jpg

100_0258.jpg

tweetysink.jpg

0414071437.jpg

020.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, my condolences....

Had a orange tabby like that too, shorter haired, ours lived almost 21 years, though, and my ex still had to put him down a few years back.

At least you had the good years with him ... time to fill the void pretty soon.

- OS

Cats are great animals and it looks from your pictures Tweety was really special and had a wonderful life with follks who loved him. Again, my heart goes out to you, but I know Tweety is at Rainbow Bridge, playing with my Abigail and our other furry friends - who are waiting for us there when we, too, leave this "veil of tears".

Merry Christmas to you and yours and I hope your sadness passes quickly to become only the great memories of Tweety.

Barry

Sorry for your loss. I know how tuff it it is.

we went thru chemo with one of our danes not sure I would do again

Its been several years and I still choke up when I see his picture

He was my very special best buddy

Edited by laktrash

Like much in life, it often takes experiencing something for yourself to truly understand when someone else is going through the same thing...I lost my cat back in 2006; she was 21. A few months after she died I adopted an HIV positive Main Coon from the local shelter - at first I wasn't sure they were going to let me adopt him but I knew I wanted to give him a good home for as long as he makes it...he is still healthy although every year he makes it is on borrowed time. He and my 6 year old basset are almost inseparable and I don't want to fact the day I lose either of them.

My condolences for the loss of your friend.

Sad to hear. My own Telemechus, a Maine Coon was with me for seventeen years. She came into my life when I was two, and she left when I was nineteen.

I focus on the memories and the good times.

Having been raised with animals my entire life, I have made sure that my children were as well. Right or wrong, I think that it teaches compassion, knowing that you have a being that is completely dependent on you for survival. Although a cat would never let you believe that.

Thank you guys, they are like your kids. The ones that have or had a Maine Coon know what I am talking about they are always near thier owners and always try to help them with what they are doing. Tweety always met me at the back door when I came home from work, one night about 3 weeks ago I had to work until 9pm and my said he sat at the back door until I came home.

Guest mcgyver210

Me & my Family are very sad for your loss & I do really understand what you may be going thru.

We now have a dog that is a very big part of our family.

So sorry to hear that. I grew up with a cat when I was a kid and was without one until about six months ago. Few months later, I saved a stray and gave it to my sister... needless to say, I love cats and hate to see one put down. Hopefully, you'll find a new friend soon!

Truly sorry Bro !!!!

We had 4 Maine Coons 3 pasted still have 1.

They act just like dogs and get along great with dogs they grow up with.

I miss mine and understand how you feel.....

Tiny passed a few Months ago he was only 9.

Maine Coons are a great breed....

100_0640-1.jpg?t=1292825514

Thanks guys. Tweety was a Maine Coon and thay call them a mans cat because they follow their owner where ever they go, and he always met me at the back door when I came home.
Edited by Kano